Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136759 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2016, 12:50:40 am »

Because I need to swear fealty to someone to have access to the Children of Armok message network, and there's nobody around but Ib

MEANWHILE in the town of Dubh Dun...
http://imgur.com/a/26M65
Shit is hitting the fan. On one side there is the pure numerical advantage of the Rathgarians, and on the other side there is a palisade, wood wall, wood castle and stone wall.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:01:29 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2016, 09:12:28 am »

The battle was a massacre, by the way. Over a 10:1 casualty ratio. Absolutely brutal. The Rathgar forces weren't even lightweights, the fortifications were just that rough.

Because I need to swear fealty to someone to have access to the Children of Armok message network, and there's nobody around but Ib

Unhelpful hardcore RP answer: guess that means you'd better try to get in touch!

More helpful answer: I think the Harwick family is the closest to you. You could send someone to one of their settlements to send them a message. Or, if for some reason trade in unspecified future favours doesn't bother you, you could try asking the Black Road for backup.

I'm not really in a position to do anything for you right now, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #617 on: January 09, 2016, 10:53:48 am »

Yeah so I'm 100% bored with this game. I went ahead and killed all of my guys. Who wants my remaining 100 credits? I can send them to you via email I think. Just PM me an email address

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #618 on: January 09, 2016, 11:08:06 am »

Woulda' been nice if you'd given me a spot of warning, but it should be fine. I think Ehndras might have the most use for the credits ATM, but I'm not sure at all.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #619 on: January 09, 2016, 11:56:10 am »

Woulda' been nice if you'd given me a spot of warning, but it should be fine. I think Ehndras might have the most use for the credits ATM, but I'm not sure at all.
Sorry. I haven't opened the game in a week and realized today it's because I have no desire to really look at it again.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #620 on: January 09, 2016, 12:03:44 pm »

Sorry. I haven't opened the game in a week and realized today it's because I have no desire to really look at it again.

No worries. Can understand where you're coming from there.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #621 on: January 09, 2016, 04:58:49 pm »

I managed to secure 500 credits for myself from a source the game asked me not to tell anyone of and another 100 credits would mean another month of basic. Username Insanegame27
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #622 on: January 09, 2016, 05:20:04 pm »

I managed to secure 500 credits for myself from a source the game asked me not to tell anyone of and another 100 credits would mean another month of basic. Username Insanegame27
I can only send it to an email. PM me the email you used for your account

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 10, 2016, 04:48:01 am »

Sorry folks give me til tomorrow to get back on with the Tarnizine royal Armokians, Pestilence / Reaver, Lysandra Gault & Black Order, the Aureas, and whoever else I have.

I ran out of sub and will re-up tomorrow. I don't have any money in the bank but I did my friend a favor in exchange for using his card. :) Barter system beats self-defeating social economy of arbitrary "credit" proxies, every time!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 10, 2016, 04:53:40 am »

May I suggest completely redoing the whole empire thing, like we withdraw our troops from the borders and all that and say 'Hey look guys, we're offering free land, so long as you never war with us' and then just condense the land we own so everyone can fill their char slots with Children and have maximum number of estates? I am still training an army who is loyal only to Armok himself and I intend to hit the Cult Of The Void lands on the East Coast, [Pestilence and Reaveport], in a religious war.

Aww come on. :P I'm an offshoot branch of the Cult. Non-violent, philosophically-inclined monks. And jack-shit in troops, plus I just gave Tyvian Lords most of my land to drop my corruption a bit.

And aye, I'm planning on negotiating a nice land-trade with local realms in exchange for further friendship, and Graves just sent a request for some land - oh, and that anyone can go take Ichrelban. Better you guys than Harwick, I don't trust that guy. He stole a bunch of our lands in the beginning and barely ever talks unless he wants something, but at least he fights when you need soldiers. I don't think he's a B12'er, plus the behavior, and land-massing, hence my cynicism.

Anyway, we can bring in Tor Kortaur as friendlies, the Black Order in the southwest, maybe Ascalon... Hmm... OHHH! I have an idea! We can grant land-tracts to dynasties who want to stay in/ join the empire but found their own clans, like the Lowlands does. These groups can then ally or war as they see fit, so long as they remain allied to the empire itself on common ground. How does that sound?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #625 on: January 10, 2016, 05:15:54 am »

May I suggest completely redoing the whole empire thing, like we withdraw our troops from the borders and all that and say 'Hey look guys, we're offering free land, so long as you never war with us' and then just condense the land we own so everyone can fill their char slots with Children and have maximum number of estates? I am still training an army who is loyal only to Armok himself and I intend to hit the Cult Of The Void lands on the East Coast, [Pestilence and Reaveport], in a religious war.

Aww come on. :P I'm an offshoot branch of the Cult. Non-violent, philosophically-inclined monks. And jack-shit in troops, plus I just gave Tyvian Lords most of my land to drop my corruption a bit.

And aye, I'm planning on negotiating a nice land-trade with local realms in exchange for further friendship, and Graves just sent a request for some land - oh, and that anyone can go take Ichrelban. Better you guys than Harwick, I don't trust that guy. He stole a bunch of our lands in the beginning and barely ever talks unless he wants something, but at least he fights when you need soldiers. I don't think he's a B12'er, plus the behavior, and land-massing, hence my cynicism.

Anyway, we can bring in Tor Kortaur as friendlies, the Black Order in the southwest, maybe Ascalon... Hmm... OHHH! I have an idea! We can grant land-tracts to dynasties who want to stay in/ join the empire but found their own clans, like the Lowlands does. These groups can then ally or war as they see fit, so long as they remain allied to the empire itself on common ground. How does that sound?
So like the Lowlands except that there is one clan to rule them all? A tiny tribute in return for peace? I can get in on that action.

Work on the RASTOA (Royal Army Shock Troopers Of Armok) goes well but for one problem. That fucking bandit. I get an Inn. He burns it down as it completes. I wouldn't mind if it was just Gold, or thalls, or resources. But burning places down is a dick move. I have 30 leather-armored halberdiers to his (roughly) 130 troops, 80 of those heav. Bandits OP plz nerf. Right now my best characters are Lu Bu who has been 'redeemed' by Aodh in light of the recent battle (10:1 KD ratio FTW) and has 51 well-experienced soldiers, 1 of which is mounted .
My other good charactr is Dike Pheranike. She has 85 soldiers ( and is en route to RASTOA fields by boat, and will have to put to land to restock (~90 camp followers brings me about 13 days of sea travel.), the majority of which are archers and have no experience whatsoever.

Due to the size I hope to build the RASTOA to be, I plan on the majority of battles being shoreline raids, maybe going two estates in towards a more populated settlement, then legging it back to the ships so we can actually get back by ship. This is probably going to cause situations where the ships are unprotected and burned/stolen (I think that's a thing) and I have to march through leagues of enemy territory to get to a sympathetic shoreline estate so I can get back by ship.

I am going to need a LOT of camp followers.

In summary: THAT FUCKING BANDIT!

EDIT: Ok, turns out my memory sucks. The bandit has
30 heavy infantry
4 heavy cavalry
15 armored archer
Which I MAY be able to take on the bandit with 30 halberdiers + 85 soldiers from Dike + my characters in the area. Not looking too good though, as bandit chars tend to be tough little bastards with VERY experienced troops. Most if not all of my soldiers have no experience as well, so that throws it more in his favor. How much of an advantage does Experience give, anyway?

EDITEDIT: Dike has 47 archers
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:41:41 am by Insanegame27 »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #626 on: January 10, 2016, 06:40:20 am »

The first few points count for a lot, as far as I know. It also influences how bad the rout can be.

Edit: also,

That fucking bandit. I get an Inn. He burns it down as it completes. I wouldn't mind if it was just Gold, or thalls, or resources. But burning places down is a dick move.

They're playing a good bandit, then. They're supposed to be a nuisance.

Graves just sent a request for some land - oh, and that anyone can go take Ichrelban.

Huh. If it wasn't for that, I'd say he could have Hasalos and Kibadyssa.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:47:05 am by Arx »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #627 on: January 10, 2016, 07:11:32 am »

I'm going to try paying him off until I can get a good sized force against him

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 10, 2016, 01:46:50 pm »

I was playing as a bandit for the first time last week, managed to loot and burn a few towns in the Lowlands before dying gloriously in battle. Not too bad, a lot more fast paced than the actual game, so I'm hoping for another bandit to pop up so I can have another shot at it.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #629 on: January 10, 2016, 05:19:42 pm »

I found out that after a bandit that you 'own' dies, you can change their appearance, personality and goals&secrets.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 96