Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136489 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1125 on: November 07, 2016, 06:41:08 am »

Any of Armok's Children still around?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1126 on: November 07, 2016, 06:45:45 am »

If RASTOA counts... and Tor Kortaur, maybe could be counted as a defacto member? Asitet's up to three nobles.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 07, 2016, 06:46:27 am »

Ah, nice.

Did they ever managed to kill of the imperial family? If I ever remember my login info, I could probably jump in and screw around a bit.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1128 on: November 07, 2016, 06:49:24 am »

Someone got cognizine, Iunno 'bout Urist.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 07, 2016, 06:50:01 am »

Urist's still sitting in Mountainhome. I've even conserved a little bit of Copsebeard.

The deal is I started playing recently, rebuilt the area west of the lake, then recently Idraei in the west was taking settlements from Insanegamer's vassals pretty much constantly. As soon as we stood up to them, they declared us the aggressors and invaded us with intention to basically conquer everything up to the lake. But we whooped their asses good.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1130 on: November 07, 2016, 06:55:02 am »

and Tor Kortaur, maybe could be counted as a defacto member?

Kortaur isn't really a member. Kort will back us up if necessary, but he's pretty well separated - it's quite possible he'll spin off a new Tor from the Rond area in the near future.

Asitet's up to three nobles.

I may just pull Umon Apuk* into Asitet entire. In which case I think we'd go up to about seven.

*If you're here, lemme know, please! OOC communication is best communication, with how impossible the IG messages are to navigate.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:57:40 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 07, 2016, 06:55:46 am »

Nice. :)

If anyone wants, I can probably remarry Urist to a female char of your choice and y'all can continue the royal bloodline for shits and giggles.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 07, 2016, 06:59:11 am »

Cool, managed to log in.

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 07, 2016, 07:08:26 am »

*If you're here, lemme know, please! OOC communication is best communication, with how impossible the IG messages are to navigate.

Yeah I am here. I wonder if anyone noticed that Umon's name is from the human tongue of Df.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:46:39 am by gamerscout »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 07, 2016, 07:43:49 am »

Kortaur isn't really a member. Kort will back us up if necessary, but he's pretty well separated - it's quite possible he'll spin off a new Tor from the Rond area in the near future.

Me and Kort already worked out a deal with that. hehe. it's gonna be a good one but the war sidetracked the formalities.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 07, 2016, 07:50:36 am »

So, Urist now holds an artifact.

"Essence of the First Tear"

Wrapped in gilded frame, in a vessel of impervious crystal, lies suspended a single drop of Armok's First Tear - the divine essence which birthed the Children of Armok. It serves as an eternal reminder of Armok's Glory, and shall be held in trust for the heirs of Armok's Bloodline for so long as this world yet remains.

The tear should never be touched by Non-Armokian hands.

Should it fall into the grasp of foreign scum, Armok commands His Children to embark upon a holy crusade and regain the sacred Year from the dying hands of whichever fool dares to steal it.

May their empires burn to the ground as Armok laughs at their writhing corpes!

Long live the Children of Armok!

"Before Mortals and First Ones walked the Earth, it was the stomping ground of countless Gods and Goddesses, spirits of natural form and void whose divine breath seeded life unto the newborn continents.

In the Western Reach, beyond the wall of darkness, did Armok lay. He slumbered for countless eons, dreaming eternal as Divine often do. As the darkness of the Void consumed, and the light of Man did rise, Armok stirred from his repose.

Cleaving his way from the cavernous pits beneath, he arose to the light of day and found the world inhabited by tiny creatures - The First Ones - beautiful yet terrible in their own regard. They lived and died by their own code, glorified and repudiated their Gods. Blood and glory flowed from every footfall!

For this, he cried a single tear - drowning his former chamber in all its heavenly glory. From his joy was formed "Armok's Tear," the great lake of the Western Reach.

And from this tear sprung his own children, seeded by the desire to see life encompass all the world, that glorious battle and grand fortresses might one day find home upon the surface.

From Armok's Tear were born his Sons and Daughters, the Children of Armok, who sought to honor his divine image in founding grand nations - beneath which their subterranean temples bore his seed as their lives were first divined.

From the shores of Armok's tear did they climb, faltering at first, yet full of the wondrous virtue of their First One brethren. Shorter than other First Ones, they bore a striking resemblance to the bearded God who brought them life. And in his image they carved an empire, above and beneath the fertile ground, that all may know of Armok's Glory."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1136 on: November 07, 2016, 08:31:40 am »

Yeah I am here. I wonder if anyone noticed that Umon's name is from the human tongue of Df.

I hadn't specifically noticed it was human, but I was pretty sure it was a DF language. Thanks for popping your head up.

I'd forgotten how much like work politics in this game can be. Ugh. RIP the one interesting grunt character I ever managed to get, killed by a bandit while slumbered. He was the only character I've ever been able to just totally kick back and enjoy playing with.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 07, 2016, 08:33:55 am »

Fuck it, make someone similar. His pissed-off kid out for vengeance lol

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 07, 2016, 08:43:25 am »

Hey. One of my scouts with no soldiers was attacked by an enemy noble with 1 soldier. My guy killed the soldier, wounded the other noble and won the battle unharmed.
Code-delving and Weaver's school of combat has told me that the only unit which comes anywhere near the combat effectiveness of a First One is another First one or a broadsword/plate/warhorse with 5k+ xp. (The XP may be exaggerated here, though. I can't recall the exact figure off the top of my head)
However, since most battles involve 2 or more first ones, this is mostly a moot point. With one soldier, the rolls were ever so slightly in his favor, but it was still close enough to a 50/50 chance.

I just looked at this to check, First Ones are set to have 1k experience every battle. The only thing it effects is your ability to hit or not get hit in melee. Might be something I change in the future.

It, in no way, makes first ones all powerful, but it does make them significantly harder to hit and more likely to hit. Ranged fire does not, to my understanding, have any effect based on experience.

As for the equipment, it's a sword actually, not a broadsword (which is odd), but that is something that is already on the todo list for future updates: no more starting with high end equipment.

Would I give you this advice if I were, you dummy?
Some neighbouring realms have strong Idraei lobbies and you never even sent an envoy anywhere. Everyone else believes you are the bad guys and dozens of knights are just waiting for their lieges to allow them go kick your ass. Some wiser lords are still concerned that Idraei might not be entirely truthful about their dire situation, but once they see you steamrolling through Idraei territory, you're screwed.
This is not just a war game, you need to think about global politics or you will lose bitterly and complain about old players, cliques, gang ups and other crap afterwards.

As the ruler of a neighboring realm, this. So much of this. Although, it has been refreshing to see people play their characters as separate characters.

I would love to hear about border conflicts actually staying as a border conflict though. It'd be beautiful to see neighbors just fight without involving their 18 allies on either side.

It basically doubles a First One's attack and defense and even then some. A First One is about 4 times stronger than the most powerful unit you can train yourself, and closer to 6 or 8 times, for what you probably really are able to train.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1139 on: November 07, 2016, 08:46:22 am »

Fuck it, make someone similar. His pissed-off kid out for vengeance lol

Nah, by grunt I mean just a cog in the machine. I was rolling a guy in the Black Forest some time before Weaver's death, who literally just managed a couple of settlements and levied a bunch of longbowmen for the war. Helped out with some logistics as well, but otherwise he was completely unremarkable, history will not remember him, just a guy. It was pleasant. His pissed-off kid out for vengeance would be the complete opposite. :P

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 96