Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136516 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1095 on: November 06, 2016, 08:38:52 am »

So does it cost money to set a region as having a culture other than "central European"?
It's kind of odd seeing kingdoms/regions with various themed naming conventions (or even calling themselves "samurai") yet still being described as central European, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 06, 2016, 09:02:48 am »

The game is still under development, so some features aren't actually implemented properly. It works well enough for what you can do though.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 06, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »

Yes, you can "buy" a culture for real money and change culture in all of your towns.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 06, 2016, 12:31:02 pm »

So culture is something you can buy like a commodity? I didn't realize the game was that postmodern.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1099 on: November 07, 2016, 03:29:32 am »

Eh, Tom's gotta support himself some way. Besides, there IS a spoilery thing with bandits which gives you credits, but that is an unspeakable.

Anyways, war's possibly drawing to a close - will post pics if able to.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 07, 2016, 03:39:43 am »

insane & me are the left guys. Our lowlander allies haven't even gotten to the warzone yet.

A few hours to D-Day now. The guy on the right is the enemy king, he was boasting before they invaded us that they should be gracious and let us keep a few settlements. We have an arrow for each and every one of his men.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:45:52 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1101 on: November 07, 2016, 03:57:12 am »

It wasn't even that gracious. He said he'd push us back past (or to) Pageliegh. Which means that we would lose every single RASTOA settlement. as well as half of Cacame, which had no part in the initial border dispute.

Recently, he's tried to convince Lu Bu to defect, which I guess I can give him kudos for, seeing Lu Bu's historic context. However, Lu Bu would never back a side he knew was going to lose. But still trying when he's vastly outnumbered and out-equipped? We literally have an arrow for each and every one of his men, and I know at least 200 of those 250 are longbows. He has no cavalry, no heavy infantry. From crunching numbers into the code, he'll have soldiers routing after the ranged phase. In melee phase 1. Lu Bu's not going to defect into those kinds of odds. Plus, he's leading the RASTOA side of the war, he knows that defection wouldn't be as simple as Halfhaven makes it out to be. There'd be years of IC distrust between the two. Not to mention that Lu has told Halfhaven outright that he'd rather cut out his own tongue rather than let Reweston fall into Idraei hands.

Also, I set up a discord. https://discord.gg/XFeAUcr
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 07, 2016, 04:01:54 am »

There's a good chance of Halfhaven taking an arrow to the knee ... I mean the throat, in this battle.

After this battle, we lead a daring raid, kidnap the duchess of Xodor and force her to marry evil emperor Lu Bu who twiddles his long manchurian moustache as he is declared living god emperor of the northwestern Empire of Light.

Although there's another possible explanation for this. Halfhaven's player is getting tired of the war, and going out in a blaze of glory is a way to wrap it up without losing face.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:06:31 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1103 on: November 07, 2016, 04:05:57 am »

I... have to say that Lu Bu has ICly had his eye on the Queen Elendenna.

Also, after the war, RASTOA is undergoing reformation into a federation or something. Taking formal names. Currently:
RASTOA Federation
RASTOA Confederation
RASTOA Coalition
Western Federation
Western Confederation
Western Coalition
etcetera.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 07, 2016, 04:12:13 am »

how many actives do you think you have now, not counting my greybeard guys etc, they're only for the war.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1105 on: November 07, 2016, 04:15:01 am »

6, maybe?

You wanna jump on the discord?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 07, 2016, 04:26:08 am »

Umm, not sure what you mean, you mean the player?

Let's see how things play out after the battle, but we'll still mop up down south.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:30:43 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1107 on: November 07, 2016, 04:31:43 am »

Actually, I'd place it around 8 active players.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 07, 2016, 04:33:28 am »

Guys, I like what you're doing and will advice you to offer Idraei a fair peace deal. Don't go overboard with war trophies if you win.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1109 on: November 07, 2016, 04:36:00 am »

Guys, I like what you're doing and will advice you to offer Idraei a fair peace deal. Don't go overboard with war trophies if you win.
Wereboar confirmed Idraei sympathiser. Kill it with magma!

Jokes aside, the terms of surrender will be quite nice. I mean, compared to their offer of peace which meant handing everything West of Pageliegh over.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96