Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: German newspaper Bild declares open war on Facebook hateposters  (Read 6013 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: German newspaper Bild declares open war on Facebook hateposters
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2015, 06:54:35 am »

I'd use a different adjective, but yeah - the Atomausstieg has been a thing for quite a while now.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2015, 07:43:37 am »

Wait, germans were insane enough to abolish nuclear power?

They're not the only ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_phase-out

Germany's descision to enter the phase-out, after the incident at Fukushima, cost the German state billions of euros in corporate claims against them by the Swedish state owned Vattenfell energy corporation. Which is very hypocritical, seeing that Sweden itself started phasing out way before Germany.

"hey let's stop using nuclear power in our own territory, and just stick to building and exploiting nuclear power plants in other countries, and sue them through non-transparant corporate tribunals when they themselves don't want nuclear power plants in their territory anymore."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:46:01 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2015, 08:15:52 am »

To be fair, the UK bollocked up the EU free worker movement to the current state of "OH FUCK THEY DONT STOP WHERE ARE THESE BUILDERS EVEN COMING FROM DO THEY MASS PRODUCE THEM" when it convinced literally the entire eurozone to let the 2004-group countries in.
Yeah but this was also under the same government that opened the UK's doors to mass immigration to "make Britain multicultural." Tony "skulls for the skull throne" Blair's entourage of incompetency and idiocy were not exactly known for making good decisions, least of all in regards to foreign policy and immigration.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4359756.stm
IE: Remember the good old days when newsmakers were suprised at net 200k immgrations and surprised that 95% of the migration was non-UK citizens, and surprised at a majority of migrants coming from the 2004 east europe group?
I'm all for multiculturalism, but there's a difference between multiculturalism and SEND US ALL YOUR POOR PEOPLE PLZ
The economic migrant crises is especially tragic, seeing as how it blots out the plight of the actual half-million syrian refugees.
Europe YES

Eh, this really has very little to do with international opinion. When the German people decides that something is Right with a capital R, it usually doesn't give a shit what the rest of the world says. See: Greece, refugees, the end of nuclear power, that faux-pacifism thing we have going on, etc etc.
Bro this is how you start world wars

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2015, 08:30:32 am »

Well hey, at least Japan stopped trying to get rid of nuclear power after they realised how fucking stupid an idea that is.

But this has been one long derail thanks to BFEL inciting shitposting as usual. Let's get back on the topic of large corporations doxxing random internet people to get them arrested, eh?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2015, 09:24:39 am »

But this has been one long derail thanks to BFEL inciting shitposting as usual. Let's get back on the topic of large corporations doxxing random internet people to get them arrested, eh?
Simple as je ne suis pas Hebdo

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2015, 09:28:18 am »

Eh, this really has very little to do with international opinion. When the German people decides that something is Right with a capital R, it usually doesn't give a shit what the rest of the world says. See: Greece, refugees, the end of nuclear power, that faux-pacifism thing we have going on, etc etc.
Well yeah, actually. It's not a coincidence that it was Germany which started these.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2015, 09:35:15 am »

Glad to see shameless objection to rational thought is not a strictly american pasttime.

Then again, that's just because misery loves company. 

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2015, 06:07:10 pm »

But this has been one long derail thanks to BFEL inciting shitposting as usual.
Er... its USUAL for me to incite shitposting?

Like, its a thing I'm KNOWN FOR?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »

Well yeah, actually. It's not a coincidence that it was Germany which started these.

Germany did not start WW1, and being forced to own up to starting WW1 was one of the primary causes of the bitterness which lead to upleasantmustache handintheair and WW2
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2015, 06:15:14 pm »

Well, there was the whole carte blanche thing when Germany promised unconditional support to Austria...
The Bay12 postcard club

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2015, 07:28:35 am »

There was also the whole "political tension brewing for the previous 50 years". For crying out loud, many people (incl Bismark) called it decades before it happened
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2015, 07:41:41 am »

So why exactly isn't Germany building more social housing when there's such a shortage? I mean people still pay rent for those, it can't be that big of a drain on the budget. And a construction boom would boost the whole economy.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2015, 08:21:49 am »

So why exactly isn't Germany building more social housing when there's such a shortage? I mean people still pay rent for those, it can't be that big of a drain on the budget. And a construction boom would boost the whole economy.
Because the state doesn't build and rent out houses anymore, privatized corporations do. And building / designating social housing isn't as profitable as building / designating housing for middle class incomes.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2015, 03:43:46 pm »

Hey guys you want some more dystopia? Have some reeducation straight outta brave new world :D

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2015, 03:55:22 pm »

So making sure I'm understanding, they think they've discovered a way to change people's minds by force, by giving them constant exposure to the correct opinion in a clinical setting, and making them regurgitate that opinion. And the article brands it as a way to purge your own mind of harmful thoughts?

Absolutely delicious. It's a good thing all they're really doing is teaching their subjects what responses they're expected to give.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:57:12 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5