Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: German newspaper Bild declares open war on Facebook hateposters  (Read 6037 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: German newspaper Bild declares open war on Facebook hateposters
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 05:16:06 pm »

Isn't Germany the place where the government is taking ALL THE REFUGEES, then throwing their own citizens out of their homes and businesses to make room for them? And then a bunch of the refugees go and commit crimes because apparently they didn't want to escape the violence so much as spread it around?

So yeah...they should probably focus on fixing their crazy policies and less on smacking people upset about their crazy policies.
Yes, and the Polizei are also ruthlessly beating native Germans who dare to suggest that the Islamist refugees would ever commit any crimes whatsoever. And also, pork is outlawed and falafel and Quran are obligatory for everyone, get with Das Programm.

EDIT: And by the way, while I was strolling down the Unter den Linden the other day, I noticed all these Islamofascist Nazi concentration camps on both sides of the boulevard, with Arabic signs saying something like "al-Arbeit macht al-frei." Geez, I'm getting worried about the fate of Western Civilization...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:55:10 pm by SirQuiamus »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 06:05:40 pm »

This all highlights the pressing need for greater awareness of effective ways to conceal one's identity online. Possibly also an argument in favor of stronger digital cryptography.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 06:08:49 pm »

Isn't Germany the place where the government is taking ALL THE REFUGEES, then throwing their own citizens out of their homes and businesses to make room for them? And then a bunch of the refugees go and commit crimes because apparently they didn't want to escape the violence so much as spread it around?

BFEL HAS GONE STARK RAVING MAD!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 06:13:14 pm »

This all highlights the pressing need for greater awareness of effective ways to conceal one's identity online. Possibly also an argument in favor of stronger digital cryptography.

I don't think individuals can beat first-world nations at the crypto game, unless people take a third route and stop using the Internet (they won't; digital ignorance is still too strong) or refuse to use their real name for anything and everything (they can't; schools and employers dislike pseudonyms).

Or hey, maybe the Linux community will come up with something and there will be a free and open social network that's impervious to outside surveillance and it'll have regular bugfixes and up-to-date documentation and I'd like a pretty pink pony and a sports car and....
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:16:17 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 06:22:01 pm »

Sneakernet exchange of GPG keys is the way to secure FOSS hate speech!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 06:23:18 pm »

That is probably how we should update free speech.

You can say whatever you want... but if you do we will video record it and then put it up on time square for everyone to watch.

Also I think we should probably bring back the Scarlet A.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 07:04:50 pm »

I don't think individuals can beat first-world nations at the crypto game, unless people take a third route and stop using the Internet (they won't; digital ignorance is still too strong) or refuse to use their real name for anything and everything (they can't; schools and employers dislike pseudonyms).

Or hey, maybe the Linux community will come up with something and there will be a free and open social network that's impervious to outside surveillance and it'll have regular bugfixes and up-to-date documentation and I'd like a pretty pink pony and a sports car and....
You can make it much more difficult for anyone that wants to break into your stuff to read it though. That said, if you are making posts on social media, it doesn't actually matter how good your encryption is, it will be pretty trivial to find you.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 07:27:35 pm »

Solution: don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in public. The Internet is pretty much the world's largest public space, excluding things like email (which can still be stolen in ways).

EDIT: Yes, I completely forgot that traffic can be tracked too, not just things that you actually post on the Internet. I wish mainstream browsers had a TOR-like feature, but alas.

The thing is though... I'm not really a target. I have no money, I'm not a politician or a CEO or even a small business owner. If somebody wanted to show that I was looking up freaky shit... so what? They ruined the reputation of... a community college student, somewhere on the West Coast. Maybe some researcher at Google will happen across my traffic, see a bunch of mundane bullshit that every Internet user looks at, and file it away under "Completely normal, nothing to see here". And that's all the accumulated web traffic of my life thus far, a footnote in an archive that nobody has the time to look through in any detail.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:44:53 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 09:48:35 pm »

So from the sarcastic replies am I to assume that ISN'T a thing that's happening in Germany?
Note that I'm getting pretty much all my news from the mouth of my mom, who is supporting Trump and generally becoming increasingly alarmist these days.

So if Germany ISN'T throwing their people out on the street in favor of refugees please just tell me what's actually happening.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 04:23:52 am »

brb going to crimethink all over that german newpaper with my holocaust of shitposts in a tirade of hatefaeces

So if Germany ISN'T throwing their people out on the street in favor of refugees please just tell me what's actually happening.
Street fights and riots have been increasingly common between Turkish, Kurdish, Somalian, Afghans and Skinheads, because Syrian = Everyone

Also they only evicted two Germans so it's ok

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 04:42:54 am »

So from the sarcastic replies am I to assume that ISN'T a thing that's happening in Germany?
Note that I'm getting pretty much all my news from the mouth of my mom, who is supporting Trump and generally becoming increasingly alarmist these days.

The problem is, that the market for social rental housing is very tight. Here in the Netherlands, in some cities, you need to wait for 10-15 years, after applying for one, before you actually get a house. That means a lot of poor folks who rely on social rental housing, are condemned to crappy landlords or living with mom until you're 40. I can imagine the social housing situation being similar in our neighbour country Germany (which in a lot of ways is very similar to the Netherlands). However, refugees who get an approved asylum status, will get a special priority status for social housing (because, you know, international law obliges states to provide residence), and have precedence over any applicant without special priority status.

Really, they're not kicking Germans or Dutch people out of their houses to make room for refugees. However, populist anti-immigration politicians do love to make it sound that way. It only takes one evicted hillbilly family (maybe they had a drugs lab, or maybe they terrorized the neighborthood or just didn't pay rent), whose house is appointed to a refugee after they are evicted, for eager hatemongers to jump onto it and blow it up online to seem like the refugees stole the poor families home, just like Trump probably did, and you mom passed on to you.

The real problem in this situation is not the refugees. The real problem is 25 years of EU neo-con lobbying, which has left a lot of social security, including the available pool of rental homes, way below the level that is actually needed.

That being said, the current influx of refugees is way beyond what our social support structures can manage.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:52:19 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 08:45:21 am »

The problem is, that the market for social rental housing is very tight. Here in the Netherlands, in some cities, you need to wait for 10-15 years, after applying for one, before you actually get a house. That means a lot of poor folks who rely on social rental housing, are condemned to crappy landlords or living with mom until you're 40. I can imagine the social housing situation being similar in our neighbour country Germany (which in a lot of ways is very similar to the Netherlands). However, refugees who get an approved asylum status, will get a special priority status for social housing (because, you know, international law obliges states to provide residence), and have precedence over any applicant without special priority status.
Really, they're not kicking Germans or Dutch people out of their houses to make room for refugees. However, populist anti-immigration politicians do love to make it sound that way. It only takes one evicted hillbilly family (maybe they had a drugs lab, or maybe they terrorized the neighborthood or just didn't pay rent), whose house is appointed to a refugee after they are evicted, for eager hatemongers to jump onto it and blow it up online to seem like the refugees stole the poor families home, just like Trump probably did, and you mom passed on to you.
So this German lady or this nurse, what were they? Hillbillies, druggies or terrorists?

The real problem in this situation is not the refugees. The real problem is 25 years of EU neo-con lobbying, which has left a lot of social security, including the available pool of rental homes, way below the level that is actually needed.
That being said, the current influx of refugees is way beyond what our social support structures can manage.
Nice one
The real problem is not the real problem lol
inb4 stop hatehating me

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 09:07:14 am »

So this German lady or this nurse, what were they? Hillbillies, druggies or terrorists?

they were technically not renting from social housing companies, but from private parties (the municipalities) which, as the articles say, are perhaps even breaking the law by evicting those people. Besides that, they're just two isolated and exceptional cases, in no way representative for general practice, as to warrant making statements like 'refugees steal all our homes'. I mean, I'm sure you can find many more examples of evictions from municipality owned buildings which then could warrant saying "highways steal all our homes!"

The real problem is not the real problem lol

Problems have solutions. The refugees are not the problem, the lack of social support structure (including the lack of social housing ing general) is.
It's a bit like rain. You can try to see the rain as the problem, weep at the sky and pray it ends, or you can see getting wet as the problem, and make yourself an umbrella.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:17:26 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 09:30:49 am »

Problems have solutions. The refugees are not the problem, the lack of social support structure (including the lack of social housing ing general) is.
It's a bit like rain. You can try to see the rain as the problem, weep at the sky and pray it ends, or you can see getting wet as the problem, and make yourself an umbrella.
If someone opens the Thames barriers and floods my home my first response is not going to get an umbrella or complaining the gov didn't give me enough sandbags

they were technically not renting from social housing companies, but from private parties (the municipalities) which, as the articles say, are perhaps even breaking the law by evicting those people. Besides that, they're just two isolated and exceptional cases, in no way representative for general practice, as to warrant making statements like 'refugees steal all our homes'. I mean, I'm sure you can find many more examples of evictions from municipality owned buildings which then could warrant saying "highways steal all our homes!"
No, it's more like pointing out actions have consequences :D

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 09:46:02 am »

More proof that the mainstream media is run by the Jews.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5