Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To: All Employees; Subject: Restroom Privileges  (Read 1542 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
To: All Employees; Subject: Restroom Privileges
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:43:07 pm »

To: All Employees
Subject: Restroom Privileges
Date: FEB. 8, 1993

In the past, employees were permitted to make trips to the restroom under informal guidelines. Effective FEBUARY 8, 1993, a Restroom Trip Policy (RTP) will be established to provide a consistent method of accounting for each employee's restroom time.

A "Restroom Trip Bank" will be established for each employee under this new policy. The first day of each month, employees will be given a Restroom Trip Credit of 20. Restroom Trip credits may be accumulated from month to month.

Within two weeks, the entrances to all restrooms are being equipped with Personnel Identification Stations and computer linked voice print recognition devices. Before the end of November, each employee must provide two copies of voice prints (one normal and one under stress) to Personnel. The voice print recognition will be in operation, but not restrictive for the rest of the month; employees should acquaint themselves with these stations during that period.

If an employee's Restroom Trip Bank balance reaches zero, the doors to the restroom will not unlock for that employee's voice until the first of the month. In addition, all restroom stalls are being equipped with timed Paper Roll Retractors. If a stall is occupied for more than three minutes, an alarm will sound. Thirty seconds after the alarm sounds, the roll of paper in the stall will retract, the toilet will flush, and the stall will open. If the stall remains occupied, your picture will be taken. The picture will then be posted in the hallway. This is being done to eliminate dillydallying in the restrooms. Anyone's picture showing up three times will be terminated immediately.

If you have any questions about the new policy, please see your supervisor.

The above was posted on the bulletin board at a manufacturing company my father worked for, typed up on an official company memo blank. Needless to say it was a hoax, and the management did NOT get the joke! No one was ever caught, and not for lack of trying, as the management wanted the culprit quite badly (so they could fire him/her).

Of course everyone smart enough to realize it was a hoax (which covered the majority) though it was hilarious, I have to agree with them :)

I find the "and one under stress" part to be particularly funny, but the "timed Paper Roll Retractors" are a little over the top :p
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: To: All Employees; Subject: Restroom Privileges
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 12:51:14 pm »

LOL!!!!!!!! SENDING THIS TO MY KIDS!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:15:01 pm »

Thing is, I'd totally buy that it was real if it were printed on that colored paper that office-types like.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 01:26:29 pm »

Change the dates and try it at your workplace!

(if you do post the results here, and make sure you don't get caught)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 01:57:35 pm »

Of course everyone smart enough to realize it was a hoax

In the 90s sure, that would obviously be a joke put up by an employee. If I saw that today, I'm not sure hoax would be my first guess.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »

Change the dates and try it at your workplace!

(if you do post the results here, and make sure you don't get caught)

Don't do it.  People are edgy enough as it.  You'll push someone over the top and he'll just go around shooting people at random.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

LOL!!!!!!!! SENDING THIS TO MY KIDS!!!

Fw: Fw: Re: Fw: Funny Story!

You could do something along the lines of the Obvious Plant stuff and add a tiny logo in one of the bottom corners so you have some kind of posterior coverage if people overreact, if you're worried about that kind of thing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 06:51:02 pm »

Of course everyone smart enough to realize it was a hoax

In the 90s sure, that would obviously be a joke put up by an employee. If I saw that today, I'm not sure hoax would be my first guess.
Yeah, my sarcasm calibration for corporate or government policy got a bit skewed after that art project about pay-for park benches (with spikes that pop out of the seat after time runs out) got taken all too seriously by a couple municipalities.

EDIT: Typo fix
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:12:47 pm by Culise »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »

Goodness me, that's my birthday.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 08:55:07 am »

"Move over, sonny! I was trolling for suckers on Usenet when all you damp maymay kiddies were nothing but an itch in your poppa's ballsack!"

EDIT: Seems like this meme started doing the rounds sometime in the late eighties. This specific text can't be older than voice recognition software, but I'm pretty sure the basic template is as old as the concept of workplace restrooms.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:13:35 am by SirQuiamus »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 09:19:57 am »

One place where I used to work had manufacturing plants spread across several parts of the world, and the plant in Puerto Rico happened to have a bigger-than-average problem with employees taking supplies home.

Eventually, the plant manager called an all-hands meeting.  He held up a roll of toilet paper and said, "Do you know what this is?  I brought it from home, and I suggest you do the same... because there aren't going to be any of these in the bathrooms."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 12:23:46 pm »

BYOTP is actually a pretty common thing in large swathes of the world.

Learned that the hard way in China. In a public restroom in the Sanlitun district of Beijing at 2am in the morning while extremely drunk. >_>

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.