Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 175

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 261926 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #720 on: July 15, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »

That's because he's a sketchy cunt.

We're talking about a man who tears down public monuments to build mosques and says that every Turkish woman has an obligation to have at least three children.

Literally wants Turkey to be more like Saudi Arabia, minus the Arabs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 15, 2016, 09:33:31 pm »

You know, I decided to do some further reading on Erdogan, and the more and more I learn about him the sketchier and more cuntish he seems.
That's because he's a wannabe-dictator who wants all the power in the country. I've posted plenty of news of him and his government doing mass oppression against the media and people posting insulting to Erdogan stuff on social networks.
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 15, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »

They are only playeing a few looped videos on CNN Turk. Are they having trouble finding more videos where protesters seem to have the upper hand?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2016, 03:22:15 am »

So, looks like a regiment worth of people tried to take control over two large cities. It was a naive desperate attempt.

Probably they hoped for public support but sadly they either had to few of them or those are to passive.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 16, 2016, 05:06:09 am »

Pity that they couldn't pull it off.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 16, 2016, 05:07:35 am »

Erdogan is blaming Gulen, a fellow islamist and leader of a rival clerical network. Probably not true though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 16, 2016, 05:13:41 am »

Erdogan has announced that all members of the parallel state of Gulen followers will be eradicated. Prepare for a new Turkish genocide.
I wonder if Erdogan will invade the US though, because that's where Gulen is based.
Nearly 3000 military have been arrested. There's still fighting ongoing throughout the whole country. At least 265 poeple have been killed, about 2000 wounded in the nightly events.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:16:04 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #727 on: July 16, 2016, 05:57:37 am »

They were probably either tricked into it through controlled opposition or gambling on taking out Erdogan

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 16, 2016, 06:06:55 am »

I spoke with some Dutch Turks today and they say Erdogan won't last. He might have beat down this coup, but a lot of people are fed up with him.

Erdogan should be arrested by the ICC though. For sending unarmed civilians out into the street to fight armed military. Most cowardous of cowardous tactics

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 16, 2016, 06:11:31 am »

Can we not start another dumb ICC meme? It was absurd with Bush and it's absurd with Erdogan. Or anybody. Nobody respects the "authority" of the ICC, and rightfully so. At best it's like a formalized "I told you so" for disposing of deposed figures.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 16, 2016, 06:12:10 am »

They were probably either tricked into it through controlled opposition or gambling on taking out Erdogan
I'm betting on the first; otherwise they would've struck when Erdogan was actually in the country or at least made some attempt to capture or shoot down his flight.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 16, 2016, 06:12:46 am »

I can say that I am impressed by bravery of Turkish civilians. Going on the streets when that kind of shit is happening is a big thing.

I think I will use this fact in Ukrainian political debates a lot.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 16, 2016, 06:15:07 am »

Only the USA and some dictatorships do not respect the "authority" of the ICC, and rightfully so.
FTFY

(not entirely true though, the USA does acknowledge the authority of the ICC, just not for american citizens)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:18:02 am by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 16, 2016, 06:19:24 am »

Can we not start another dumb ICC meme?

That's, you know, just your opinion, man. Don't force it upon others by asking for censorship

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #734 on: July 16, 2016, 06:22:23 am »

Only the USA and some dictatorships do not respect the "authority" of the ICC, and rightfully so.
FTFY
The USA will one day obey the International Cricket Council
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 175