Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61384 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »

"Cool. Haven't seen a room that good in a while. I bet I'll either get Steve, missile command or the Soviet Premier. Unless this is Steve's office. Or a shrink's office.
Hey, hold that door for me, will ya?"

If I can't enter the room with my battlesuit, leave it with someone to take care of it.

Enter room. Kneel besides the table and open up the battlesuit so I can reach the phone with my real hands. Hold it to my ear and say "Hello?". If there's no response, open and close the phone a couple of time and ask "Operator? You there? I want to talk to Steve.". If there's still no response, try dialing random numbers, like the numbers that form Steve's name, the AM's radio frequency/wristpad number, my room number, 911, 112, M for Murder or the serial killer's numbers (17318: 17.3 degrees, 18th radian).

If nothing I do with the phone works, try searching the desk for anything useful.

Edit:
"Flint. Confirm it is actually you, please. Reality is too unstable for me to trust appearances."

Keep a careful distance from Flint until he's confirmed as real.
If that is me or at least some alternate me reasonably close to me, then respond that I can't indulge the possibly alien Vanessa because I have an important phonecall to make and that if she wants to show she's real, she's gotta prove she's not indestructible.

Edit2:
Enter that room and use my non-battlesuited hands to dial up the phone for Flint. Hand Flint the phone and let him do the talking.
Despite my age and size, I am perfectly capable of operating something as simple as a telephone on my own, no help required, thank you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:01:37 am by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2016, 05:15:34 pm »

"Don't worry, everyone, the CSU will rescue you!"

Christopher says to the empty room.

Stick my head through the door onto the Sword, then the rest of my body barring my foot. Then wish for a door, opposite, leading to where Vanessa Jobasio is, but roll fully onto the Sword if weird stuff starts happening. Unless the weird stuff is on the Sword. If the Sword Door tries to close, and Vanessa Jobasio or someone is about to come through, possibly, stick my foot in it.

Check if the orb has any fewer stars in it. Roll my eyes at whoever made it if it has.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 12:05:42 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »

Hmmphf.
Time to get some chalk, then.
See if I have any of the inventory here, including tokens.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2016, 06:12:36 pm »

"Flint. Confirm it is actually you, please. Reality is too unstable for me to trust appearances."

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 14, 2016, 07:16:58 pm »

"Hmm..."

Be ready to defend Vanessa, and myself, with the laser rifle and my Spektr. Use two arms for each of the rifles to ensure a steady platform to fire from. Watch out for any Other!teammates.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2016, 11:21:06 pm »

Think of home, open another door.
You get a room with nothing in it but a trash can.

((OOH BURN MOOPLI IS TRAAAAASH))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 16, 2016, 08:12:40 am »

"Cool. Haven't seen a room that good in a while. I bet I'll either get Steve, missile command or the Soviet Premier. Unless this is Steve's office. Or a shrink's office.

If I can't enter the room with my battlesuit, leave it with someone to take care of it.

Enter room. Kneel besides the table and open up the battlesuit so I can reach the phone with my real hands. Hold it to my ear and say "Hello?". If there's no response, open and close the phone a couple of time and ask "Operator? You there? I want to talk to Steve.". If there's still no response, try dialing random numbers, like the numbers that form Steve's name, the AM's radio frequency/wristpad number, my room number, 911, 112, M for Murder or the serial killer's numbers (17318: 17.3 degrees, 18th radian).

If nothing I do with the phone works, try searching the desk for anything useful.

Enter that room and use my non-battlesuited hands to dial up the phone for Flint. Hand Flint the phone and let him do the talking.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #472 on: January 16, 2016, 08:46:50 am »

"Hey! This is my call! If you wanna phone your mom or something, find your own phone or wait until I'm done."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 16, 2016, 09:35:53 am »

"Hmmm. That is quite odd."

Probe the darkness with my cutlass. Is it actually empty space, or is there a solid floor somewhere within the darkness?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 16, 2016, 01:13:15 pm »

Make sweet love to trash can

Close door, go a little ways down the hall, and open a door that I'm reasonably sure I remember seeing one of the team members go into. Replay through camera feeds to make myself feel more certain.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #475 on: January 18, 2016, 02:49:41 pm »

Steal all of the interesting things.
Especially the puzzle boxes.

Open a door whilst wishing for an alien artifact R&D prototype storage vault.
Steal everything that looks like a melee weapon, power source, or metamaterial.

Then wish for the next door I open to open onto the paracelsus sword. open it.

You steal all the things that look interesting.

As per that other stuff....

Edit:

If that is me or at least some alternate me reasonably close to me, then respond that I can't indulge the possibly alien Vanessa because I have an important phonecall to make and that if she wants to show she's real, she's gotta prove she's not indestructible.

Edit2:
Despite my age and size, I am perfectly capable of operating something as simple as a telephone on my own, no help required, thank you.

The phone plays a series of tones and then asks if you would like to "accept  a collect call from an inmate at" and then a bunch of static. Thats a thing.

"Don't worry, everyone, the CSU will rescue you!"

Christopher says to the empty room.

Stick my head through the door onto the Sword, then the rest of my body barring my foot. Then wish for a door, opposite, leading to where Vanessa Jobasio is, but roll fully onto the Sword if weird stuff starts happening. Unless the weird stuff is on the Sword. If the Sword Door tries to close, and Vanessa Jobasio or someone is about to come through, possibly, stick my foot in it.

Check if the orb has any fewer stars in it. Roll my eyes at whoever made it if it has.

You step out onto the sword.

There is a rushing sound and a great flash of light. Suits everywhere spike with sudden heat and then....everyone is standing back in the elevator.

Everyone except NJW. He is on the Sword.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 18, 2016, 03:04:31 pm »

Panic
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:08:41 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #477 on: January 18, 2016, 05:27:25 pm »

"Hey. Cool. I did it. Haha! Witness the power of the telefonmast!"

Try to contact Aresteve: : Hey Aresteve! Things got weird here for a while, but I sorted things out. Things look normal again. Check our suits logs for more info. Do you want us to continue our investigation of the Thermophage's last known position? Or should we head back for our debriefing? :

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 18, 2016, 05:56:45 pm »

"I don't even..."

Check if comes are back up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 18, 2016, 06:01:04 pm »

"Bit premature there dont you think?"

"Dont you want to, I dunno... Try damaging the walls or sending the elevator back to the surface before you start congratulating yourself on escaping the alien puzzle box?"

"Also, where is expendable mook number three?"

Punch the wall, if it gets dented push the elevator button for the surface.

if it reaches the surface, get on the shuttle and leave.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:47:57 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35