Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61307 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #285 on: November 25, 2015, 04:17:43 pm »

"With that over, let's get rid of that obstruction."

Use goop disolver spraybottle I still have to dissolve goop wall, and continue on towards the group stuck at the end of the hall.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2015, 04:19:24 pm »

:Okay, team announcement for anyone that doesn't understand basic anomaly protocol - see the decapitated individual? He stuck his head into an anomalous area, specifically the blurry area over there in the corner of the area.:

Vanessa points to the area in question.

:Do not stick any parts of you into an anomalous zone, otherwise you will likely die. Thank you for listening to the obvious.:

"Do you think he might be infectious?"
Float some of the cane material to the dead guy, nudge his foot with it. If there's no response, carefully nudge/carry the knife away from his corpse. If he does respond in any way, grab and carry the knife away from him a heck of a lot more urgently and call attention to his not-dead-ness over radio

((I'm pretty sure Xanessa and I are on the elevator side, I'd only stepped out of the elevator and Xanessa of course was involved in the elevator drama))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:45:42 pm by Moopli »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2015, 07:22:54 pm »

Can I use my liquid helium on the dead guy or the anomaly please?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »

Attempt to open both the blast door and any doors I can identify as belonging to observation rooms.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2015, 10:18:36 pm »

Go out there and rally to flint.

Enter the other door with Vladmir, ready to shoot anything that looks at us wrong.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:18:50 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2015, 11:29:27 am »

"Good. You should heed our medic's advice. Let this be a lesson about what happens to people who aren't careful when it comes to unknown space magic. They end up losing their head."

"Now, can someone go and carefully check that other door? We know one has a control room but what's in the other one? I'd do it myself but I'd prefer to stand guard here, in case any friends of Mr. Stabby decide to pay us a visit or that big door opens."

What's the atmosphere like around here? Would it be dangerous to remove my helmet, assuming the biological material in the air is safe?

Do I see anything significant about the blurry area with CamEyes?
What happens when I poke it with a stick metal pole? Does the pole vibrate or otherwise change when seen through CamEyes?
Use a pole plus an artifact container to try and get anything that might be there. Not very high chances of getting something, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Otherwise, just stand guard in the hallway, looking for anything suspicious.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:47:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2015, 11:47:05 am »

"Now, can someone go and carefully check that other door? We know one has a control room but what's in the other one?

- On it.

Do what Flint requires.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2015, 11:50:07 am »

((We don't exactly have a map of the immediate area (apart from that diagram with the foam wall), do we?
I'm a tad lost, and I don't have time to re-read the whole thread right now, so this action will be rather vague. Also I'm hella sleepy.))

Cheerfully wander over to the door Flint indicated and inspect it. Scan it (and whatever it hides) with the cameye on my robo-wang.

If nothing seems overly threatening, attempt to open it- with my rifle slung across my back and my cutlass raised, ready to deal with any scurvy dogs attempting to board us through the doorway once it's open. If shit's too weird, just describe whatever I see over comms.

((GODDAMN NINJA))

...Bumble along the same route as Vladimir, getting underfoot whilst attempting to inspect the door at the same time.
Then come to my senses and take up position on the other side of the doorway, ready to hack at anything scary that might make its way through.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2015, 12:45:55 pm »

((We don't exactly have a map of the immediate area (apart from that diagram with the foam wall), do we?
I'm a tad lost, and I don't have time to re-read the whole thread right now, so this action will be rather vague. Also I'm hella sleepy.))
Here you go, did it very quickly from memory so it might not be completely accurate:

Map yEd file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxy23914ltyo4y1/ER_map.graphml?dl=0
Map image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk7bxwx90mndu3a/ER_map.gif?dl=0

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:09 pm »

"Is anybody still feeling strange? Visions, that kind of thing?"

((I like U_P's nuke idea. I wonder when we could use it?))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:43:59 pm by Moopli »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2015, 10:00:30 pm »

"The video feeds im getting fom the security camera's keep subtly changing whenever I switch back to them from another feed, so... yes?"

((I was honestly considering just opening every door in the facility then lobbing the armed nuke through the blast door before closing it.

just let the full force of the nuke ripple through the facility and break whatever it is that's keeping us here, if the blast door starts melting we'll know its possible to leave.
Only problem isit'd destroy all the potential loot and stuff.))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:04:11 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2015, 11:07:35 pm »

(( I'm up for operation "Fuckin' Nuke it All". I'm mean, I'm already dead, so I'll probably survive if it goes wrong, but yeah.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 01, 2015, 12:15:15 am »

((As someone who is on this mission, I fully support getting you guys to kill yourselves. Yes, I am absolutely in support of this action that does effect me.))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2015, 12:51:57 am »

"The video feeds im getting fom the security camera's keep subtly changing whenever I switch back to them from another feed, so... yes?"

"Good. Do we have any recordings from when Mr. DeadHead here poked his skull up an eldritch anus? We might be able to figure out some warning signs for mental takeover. There's a chance the recordings will also have the anomalous effect though. If we can't get recordings out of this guy, we'll have to stick some sensors into the fuzzy patches, and I'm not sure we want to risk that again."

((Root might be overestimating the risk, I don't recall if there are psychological effects when viewing the slightly-wonkified feeds. If there are effects, there would probably be a risk. If there are not, maybe someone (Flint? Auron?) who can verify could say))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2015, 01:15:52 am »

"Pretty sure we can extract a video of it from the cameras of whichever ninnies sat back and watched him do it.

But even without extracting it, I can tell you the warning signs.

One; our dumb a rocks teammate thought it would be a smart idea to stick their head into an eldritch anus.
Two; that insult to a rocks intelligence of a teammate went right ahead and stuck their goddamn head up a goddamn eldritch anus.

So yeah, if in future you see an eldritch anus please admire it from afar, keep your dick in your pants, and prevent anyone trying to win a darwin award.
preferably with a high caliber round to the face."

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35