Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 55067 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #390 on: November 09, 2015, 05:58:36 pm »

Another day dragged on, accusations flew left and right, but nothing too serious stuck.  The guards enjoyed another lunch and continued debating as the sun started to set.

Votecount:
*Tomasque - (0)
*NJW2000 - Hector13 TheDarkStar (2)
*AbstractTraitorHero - Tolyk (1)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - NJW2000 (1)
*Tolyk - (0)
*4maskedwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Megggas, oragamiscienceguy, TheDarkStar, Tomasque, AbstractTraitorHero

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends at 1:30 PM PST Tuesday, November 10th.  There are two extensions available.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:02:56 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Meggas:.....you seem town I have a good gut feeling and i have seen scumtells in your posts but their inconsistent so i don't believe your scum...for now.

What scumtells have you seen from Megas?

Also, NJW, TDS is my top scum read after you so... it would be kinda silly of me to name him after you if he's my partner. If I were scum and we lynched you, I'd have no choice but to go after my second scumread - who you think is my scum partner - tomorrow, else I'd look scummy. It's... not the best strategy is it?

I also mentioned ATH earlier as someone I'd vote for if someone else didn't come up more scummy, resulting in a similarly bad outcome as outlined above.

Also, day ends in a little under a day. We're either going to have to extend or make our cases.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

fillipk, TheDarkStar voted for NJW here.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Is it generally a profitable decision for scum to fake claim to lure out a power role if it requires the fake claimer to die?  Assuming the town lynches the fake claimer and the scum NK the power role, which side came out ahead?
This really depends on the situation. Towards the end of the game, (assuming there are still at least 2 scum left) it should be profitable, but towards the beginning/middle, the scum generally focus on not getting lynched.

Again, I am relatively new to this as well. So don't base your decisions only off of this.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

Fixed, thank you.

also

Tomasque has requested a replacement, should it be a newbie or a veteran?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed, thank you.

also

Uh...I guess a veteran?  Would a newbie benefit from entering the game on Day 2?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed, thank you.

also

Uh...I guess a veteran?  Would a newbie benefit from entering the game on Day 2?

It's pretty much D3 at this point heh. The amount of time they'd have to invest to get a good read on the game means they'd probably only be useful after day end. I think a veteran would be better.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After thinking about it a bit, I think a veteran would be a better idea.  The ICs haven't provided us with much counsel, so it would be nice to hear from another experienced player.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP
*better idea too

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

After thinking about it a bit, I think a veteran would be a better idea.  The ICs haven't provided us with much counsel, so it would be nice to hear from another experienced player.
Do not insult the IC's guidance.[/sarcasm]
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Meggas:.....you seem town I have a good gut feeling and i have seen scumtells in your posts but their inconsistent so i don't believe your scum...for now.

What scumtells have you seen from Megas?

Also, NJW, TDS is my top scum read after you so... it would be kinda silly of me to name him after you if he's my partner. If I were scum and we lynched you, I'd have no choice but to go after my second scumread - who you think is my scum partner - tomorrow, else I'd look scummy. It's... not the best strategy is it?

I also mentioned ATH earlier as someone I'd vote for if someone else didn't come up more scummy, resulting in a similarly bad outcome as outlined above.

Also, day ends in a little under a day. We're either going to have to extend or make our cases.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=6587725;topic=153468.150;last_msg=6600722
That should be right post
But you showed yourself to be passive aggressive i feel also to me it looks like your backtracking and that post seems just suspicious.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That link is weird link ??? I'm not sure it points to where you want it to point...

Anyway, in what way am I backtracking? How is that post suspicious?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That link is weird link ??? I'm not sure it points to where you want it to point...

Anyway, in what way am I backtracking? How is that post suspicious?
it's talking about meggas scum tells not yours.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this is the post that ATH meant to link to.

Did you mean Megas is backtracking or that I, hector, was backtracking? Also which one of us was making suspicious posts?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this is the post that ATH meant to link to.

Did you mean Megas is backtracking or that I, hector, was backtracking? Also which one of us was making suspicious posts?
yes that was the post and i was talking about meggas not you hector I'm currently talking about meggas suspicious post right now also
Extension
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45