Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54955 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2015, 10:57:17 pm »

Jailer, not doc. Right. That complicates things a bit - could've been the target or the mafia member.

Jesus Christ ATH get your story straight for once. It's very important that you give correct info as much as possible. Or do you have a failing memory as well?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2015, 11:15:17 pm »

Ok, I'm here for a bit.  Sorry for the delay.  Real life got in the way.  I've got a lot to say too, but for now I'll have to only provide half of what I wanted to say and the other half when I get back in a few hours.

Regarding AbstractTraitorHero's cop claim
I'm starting to believe that AbstractTraitorHero really is the cop.  An overeager and semi-incompetent cop who often says things without thinking, but the cop nonetheless.  Most of his statements sound genuine, despite often being misguided and lacking in critical thought.  ATH's story about receiving his investigation results late seems plausible.  That said, his constant slip ups and mistakes prevent me from trusting him 100%.  It's bad enough that he mixed up the terms "Rolecop" and "Cop", but to also give a quick summary of his reasons for investigating hector13, only to realize moments later that he actually investigated Tomasque is just facepalming.  If I had to put odds on what his role actually is, I'd say there's a 55% chance that he's a newb cop, 35% chance he's a newb scum who's acting very recklessly and probably ignoring the advice of his scumbuddy and scum IC, and a 10% chance that he's a regular townie just trolling us all for his own amusement.

Regarding the lack of a nightkill
The fact that nobody died last night and AbstractTraitorHero was able to do his investigation is rather surprising.  That means one of several things happened.
1.  The jailor blocked a scum member.
2.  The jailor protected the scum's nightkill target, which wasn't AbstractTraitorHero. 
3.  The scum decided not to kill anyone for some reason.  This would be bad play since this is counter to their win condition, so I don't think that's what happened.
4.  The scum didn't submit a target to fillipk because they were offline/inactive during Night 1.  Based on my look through everyone's profiles, this seems unlikely, but still a possibility.
5.  AbstractTraitorHero was targeted by the scum and protected by the jailor, but is lying to us about his investigation results as part of another loony gambit to try to lure out scum.  A distinct possibility given what we've seen ATH try doing on Day 1, but I hope this isn't the case.

I think #1 or #2 is what happened.  The Jailor probably targeted someone they thought seemed scummy and either they actually hit scum or hit the scum's target.  If the scum were expecting the jailor to protect ATH, then that could be why they chose a different target.  I'm leaning a bit more toward #1 since that would require only the jailor to choose the right target instead of both the scum and jailor choosing the same target.

People I find suspicious
Coming in my next post.  I have it 75% written up, but real life is keeping me from finishing it right now.  I'll be back soon.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2015, 11:22:25 pm »

Jailer, not doc. Right. That complicates things a bit - could've been the target or the mafia member.

Jesus Christ ATH get your story straight for once. It's very important that you give correct info as much as possible. Or do you have a failing memory as well?
i told you it was a late pm becuse the report he sent me dident go through and i actually still am suspucious of Hector13 I'm gonna still question him but first I'm gonna reread his posts and think of questions that would help me determine hectors innocence or guilt
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2015, 03:07:48 am »

Okay, finally managed to get this finished.  Here's the second half of my previous post before I go to bed.

People I find suspicious
Tomasque:  At some points he seemed a bit too concerned about appearing to be town, several of his questions and statements weren't well thought out, he recommended lynching roo without actually voting for him, and he considered becoming less active, which only benefits scum.  However, assuming ATH really is the cop, he's in the clear and all this is moot.

NJW2000: hector13 and TolyK brought up several good points against him.  During the first 2/3rds of Day 1, several of his statements seemed like they were meant to reduce discussion, and his name slips seemed to suggest that he wasn't paying that much attention to the people playing the game.  I also got the impression from reading his posts that he seemed too concerned with defending himself and trying to stay on good terms with everyone.  He seemed to improve a bit as Day 1 came to a close, which could suggest that he was receiving advice from the Scum IC.

TheDarkStar: He's only posted 4 times during the game, not counting EBWOPs.  He responded to questions, but primarily questioned and focused on Roo.  He hasn't really posted much content to analyze, which concerns me.

4maskedwolf: He's only posted 3 times during the game.  All his posts are short and primarily educational.  He hasn't done any scum hunting, nor even made reference to anything that was actually happening during Day 1.  He's promised to provide content, but has failed to deliver.  Like TheDarkStar, his lack of posts provide little to analyze.  However, I do realize that he's pretty busy in real life, so these things are somewhat understandable.  I do wish he would post more though.

My other reads:

AbstractTraitorHero: I suspect he's the actual cop, though still very much a newb.  See my previous post for more info.

hector13: Seems very town to me.  Early on, I suspected he could be scum back when he asked Tomasque what he would do as the cop.  I thought that could be subtle rolefishing, but his responses seemed sensible.  He also was unsure about if a scum player would win if he died and his partner prevailed, which I initially thought was odd since hector13 had been scum several times in the past.  However, he stated later that he hadn't played in 7 months, so I didn't press it.

TolyK:  Hasn't stood out to me much.  I've got a slight town read on him/her at the moment.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2015, 03:30:20 am »

Some questions for people:

Tomasque:  What are your thoughts on AbstractTraitorHero?  Do you believe he is the cop?
NJW2000:  What do you think about my suspicions against you?
4maskedwolf:  What are your thoughts about the events of Day 1?  I'm still kind of curious about newbie scum tells, but if you have a limited amount of time then I'd prefer your view on current events.
Everyone else:  Who do you think is the most scummy person right now?

Going to bed now.  I'll be back in 8-10 hours.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2015, 07:03:10 am »

So, I was reading through, when...

The fact that nobody died last night and AbstractTraitorHero was able to do his investigation is rather surprising.  That means one of several things happened.
1.  The jailor blocked a scum member.
2.  The jailor protected the scum's nightkill target, which wasn't AbstractTraitorHero. 
3.  The scum decided not to kill anyone for some reason.  This would be bad play since this is counter to their win condition, so I don't think that's what happened.
4.  The scum didn't submit a target to fillipk because they were offline/inactive during Night 1.  Based on my look through everyone's profiles, this seems unlikely, but still a possibility.
5.  AbstractTraitorHero was targeted by the scum and protected by the jailor, but is lying to us about his investigation results as part of another loony gambit to try to lure out scum.  A distinct possibility given what we've seen ATH try doing on Day 1, but I hope this isn't the case.

I think #1 or #2 is what happened.  The Jailor probably targeted someone they thought seemed scummy and either they actually hit scum or hit the scum's target.  If the scum were expecting the jailor to protect ATH, then that could be why they chose a different target.  I'm leaning a bit more toward #1 since that would require only the jailor to choose the right target instead of both the scum and jailor choosing the same target.
#3. This is actually really clever. Given the assumption of "scum kill every night", that logically means a failed kill is due to a protection or the mafia being blocked. The first is ~5 times less likely to be true, so by this logic whoever the RB targeted is scum. However, scum don't have to kill every night, which is where the fun part is: By not killing, they're effectively framing the person who was jailed. So unfortunately the "jailkeeper stopped two kills" by D3 doesn't work for finding the mafia, because of possible shenanigans of framing. So my suggestion is for the JK to keep quiet for now, and act almost as though they know nothing (to lower the chances of getting killed on a hunch). Possibly, hinting in your posts or main target or whatnot (in case you die). What do you folks think?

ATH is still setting off alarm bells, NJW had a WIFOM-strike against him, Roo is dead, 4masked is missing...

Request prod on 4masked.

... Megggas has posted good content (both summaries and own content), hector is... eh, no real read that I can remember.

PPE:
Why is finding the jailor so important?
if the jailor roleblocked the mafia n1 then if we know who tge jailor is we can lynch the scum they blocked last night.
Yeah... no. Giving out who the jailer is practically leaves scum with 1 kill per day, meaning (if you're the real cop) that you only get one more investigation (this night) before dying. Then the odds are pretty bad, given random lynches (i.e. if scumhunting fails to catch scum specifically - chances-based model yadda yadda).
If you're scum, you'd of course want to get the town roles to reveal themselves.
You've consistently shown to advising strategies that benefit the scum team. This is why you are still (now?) my #1 pick.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2015, 09:45:02 am »

Dark Star: I think you wrote (somewhere here) that the jailkeeper should jail ATH. Why did you want to protect the cop if it would roleblock him as well?

So, Tomasque, I just noticed this, reading through some of the posts.

Two things about it are bothersome for me: firstly, TDS mentioned jailing ATH two posts prior to you asking him about it, so I struggle to see how you forgot where it was...

secondly, and more importantly, where else might he have posted it, hm?
For once, I simply decided to be lazy, and I actually forgot how new the post was. That was stupid (and lazy) of me.

To answer the second question: Are you saying that if he didn't post it here, then he must have posted it in scumchat? I fail to see how you would think I'd be so silly as to fall for that, or why you think Dark Star (as scum) would write what the jail keeper "should do" if the jail keeper couldn't read the scum chat! What were you trying here?

Tomasque:  What are your thoughts on AbstractTraitorHero?  Do you believe he is the cop?
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are the people who really convince me here, since you find the little things that I miss. Right now, I believe that he is probably cop, though that little "the PM didn't get through" thing is making me a little suspicious.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 06, 2015, 10:54:52 am »

4maskedwolf:  What are your thoughts about the events of Day 1?  I'm still kind of curious about newbie scum tells, but if you have a limited amount of time then I'd prefer your view on current events.

Hector13 or NJW2000

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 06, 2015, 11:06:21 am »

Spoiler: Roos D1 Reads (click to show/hide)

Tds you haven't been active. And from your two posts seem to only be interested in me. Your initial reason was something or other, doesn't really matter. Now you say your reason has changed. The wording is odd imo.

Instead of saying 'I am keeping my vote on roo'. You mirror the question and say:
"I still intend to vote for roo".

It might be nitpicky but I think it's weird. Your response of "intending" implies you've done due diligence and considered other options besides myself which is simply untrue; as far as your posts go because they tell a different story.

Well TDS, you do seem to be pushing quite hard for us to trust that ATH is the cop. Why is that?

You vote for Roo here asking why Roo thinks ATH is scum, when claiming cop on D1 is not at all useful for town. One could argue this is scum protecting their fakeclaiming partner from pressure.

You get a little defensive here when NJW questions you over your inactivity, and then continue pressuring Roo over his "claim of cop", which he never actually did. He implied quite heavily that he had something to claim, but never actually went so far as to outright claim anything.

Here, your pressure on Roo continues, though you backtrack a little on Roo's claim, and ask him about softclaiming. Then you answered my question why you were voting Roo over ATH in the cop-claim nonsense, citing ATH claiming first as reason for voting Roo and if Roo was cop he'd vote for ATH, which is a little silly, since ATH could easily be scum trying to lure the cop into a counter-claim.

Then here you continue pushing ATH forward as a trustworthy dude, man. Acceptable logic, of course, but you don't appear to consider any other reason for ATH's survival beyond potential jailor, which might not even exist. Given that ATH has given us a result, which means he can't have been targeted by the potential jailor, what other reason could there be that he still lives?

PPE:

Dark Star: I think you wrote (somewhere here) that the jailkeeper should jail ATH. Why did you want to protect the cop if it would roleblock him as well?

Two things about it are bothersome for me: firstly, TDS mentioned jailing ATH two posts prior to you asking him about it, so I struggle to see how you forgot where it was...

For once, I simply decided to be lazy, and I actually forgot how new the post was. That was stupid (and lazy) of me.

To answer the second question: Are you saying that if he didn't post it here, then he must have posted it in scumchat? I fail to see how you would think I'd be so silly as to fall for that, or why you think Dark Star (as scum) would write what the jail keeper "should do" if the jail keeper couldn't read the scum chat! What were you trying here?

Scumslip would've been nice.

Scumchat is for discussing strats as scum, man. TDS is experienced enough to suggest what a jailor might do if one is present, so it's easy enough for him to say "we shouldn't attack ATH during N1 because the jailor should be protecting him", or some such.

If you're scum though, well done for passing that test.

If you're town, stop being lazy :P

PPE2:

Hector13 or NJW2000

Why do you think NJW and I are scummy? Dropping who you think it scummy isn't very useful if you don't say why.

What have you found going through my posts to find why I feel so off to you?

What you found going through NJW's posts that make them seem so suspicious to you?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2015, 11:27:38 am »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are the people who really convince me here, since you find the little things that I miss. Right now, I believe that he is probably cop, though that little "the PM didn't get through" thing is making me a little suspicious.
i suspect you becuase
1 your one of the most active players
2 I'm worried that a lot of people in this game blindly follow you it doesn't look like people have really questioned or been suspicious of you
3 you give out most of the information i feel that the town is using if your scum you have the town wrapped around your finger
4 i just get an uneasy feeling around your posts
So i mainly suspect you becuase i feel if your scum you could easily doom the town and my intuition and my gut tell me to be extremely wary of you .
(Njw2000 reasons i need to collect my thoughts a little more to explain it in words give me 10 or 20 minutes)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 06, 2015, 11:37:17 am »

So... more or less the same reasons as before. Why don't you have any posts to ask me about?

Ask some questions, really. Read over D1 with the knowledge that Roo is town, try to work from there.

Who did you target and why, ATH?
You
Becuase your active and i don't want to risk the town being lead by scum your very influential among the players and i dident suspect you so i reread your posts you seemed off to me and i don't know why and becuase of that feeling I'm gonna be watching you and anyone who sides with you for the slightest trace of scuminess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2015, 11:53:17 am »

So... more or less the same reasons as before. Why don't you have any posts to ask me about?

Ask some questions, really. Read over D1 with the knowledge that Roo is town, try to work from there.

Who did you target and why, ATH?
You
Becuase your active and i don't want to risk the town being lead by scum your very influential among the players and i dident suspect you so i reread your posts you seemed off to me and i don't know why and becuase of that feeling I'm gonna be watching you and anyone who sides with you for the slightest trace of scuminess.
basically yeah
 becuase the problem with you at least for me is that in all your posts we get a lot of information and i don't see scumtells in your posts but my gut just tells me to be wary of you so your a strong suspicion is a better way for how i feel about you in this game

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 06, 2015, 11:59:13 am »

4maskedwolf has been prodded.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 06, 2015, 12:22:33 pm »

Suspiscions on me, Meggas:

Well, the fact that I'm careless comes from me doing higher level thinking then getting stuff mixed up. In fact, if you look at my last game, the last BM, you'll see that I was even more of a careless toss then :P

And Defense? Yeah, I had a problem with that in my other last game (I found the scum, but nearly got lynched by being stupid), so I'm a bit more standing back-ish. Good points, but act as town play criticisms as well as csumsigns, for the most part, if you see what I mean.

TolyK:
 You said I had a WIFOM strike. So I tried to use circular logic. Could you point this out, especially if this one made me look very scummy, as it's really more of a logical fallacy, as far as I can see. However you've played more mafia than me, is this a major scumtell? You did put me reasonably high on your list.

ATH: let's have those justifications on me, mmm-hmm?

Scumhunting later if poss, gotta change CPU
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 06, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »

Suspiscions on me, Meggas:

Well, the fact that I'm careless comes from me doing higher level thinking then getting stuff mixed up. In fact, if you look at my last game, the last BM, you'll see that I was even more of a careless toss then :P

And Defense? Yeah, I had a problem with that in my other last game (I found the scum, but nearly got lynched by being stupid), so I'm a bit more standing back-ish. Good points, but act as town play criticisms as well as csumsigns, for the most part, if you see what I mean.

TolyK:
 You said I had a WIFOM strike. So I tried to use circular logic. Could you point this out, especially if this one made me look very scummy, as it's really more of a logical fallacy, as far as I can see. However you've played more mafia than me, is this a major scumtell? You did put me reasonably high on your list.

ATH: let's have those justifications on me, mmm-hmm?

Scumhunting later if poss, gotta change CPU
you feel like you just don't care and rarely talk you feel like scum just trying to divert attention from themselves and you've done or at the very least tried barely at all or not all to scumhunt you seem like you don't care i feel your scum
NJW2000
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45