Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 55034 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2015, 04:09:09 pm »

@Hector Your play is throwing me off a bit; you ask questions but don't bother to follow up from what I can tell. Can you link your previous games? I'm wondering if you do this as scum.
As for who I'm looking to pressure next idk maybe njw for the shameless bandwagon disliked his "lol your reason" thing.

@TDS you asked why I don't believe his (ahts') claim? That is extremely unfortunate I was hoping I wouldn't have to claim.

P-edit: Hector from my point of view it looks you were dogging me most of real time yesterday. I assumed this would culminate in a vote (inccorectly), but now you have suprised me in voting for njw for not asking many questions. It just feels like something is off here. Not to mention this feeling came after the IC [(tolyk) I think he is the ic has the same characteristic mafia god complex] votes njw. I'm gonna back up reread the game and go from their.
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2015, 04:16:40 pm »

I think you should re-read, since I've not moved my vote from you and only FoS'd NJW. Most of yesterday I was hassling ATH so I don't know what you're on about. I've been scumhunting. You, from what I can tell, have not.

I'm curious why I should look for my old games for you though. This does rather reinforce my opinion that you're lazy. It's not difficult to find them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2015, 04:33:12 pm »

Ahhh that makes less sense. You voted me then started hassling me interesting approach. That makes more sense as scum no need to continue to on my case again and again after the vote as the voting indicates that you have one found scum two implies a case and three can move on to other people or sttempt to convince others of my guilt. You were looking for takers to hop on weren't you? Lol. What bad play.

hector shameless omgus.

And why wouldn't I ask for your games. The reaction test is as valid as any other. The superior play is to provide them and let me sift; instead you lash out attach less then endearing qualities to yours truly. Tell me why do you feel the need to discredit me? Ahh that's right you have a vote but as you hector openly admit no case/evidence/feelings/suspicion as you have spent most of real tjme yesterday on ath case. So I think we all are wondering what is up with that?
Or not it's cool.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2015, 04:33:32 pm »

This is my IC voice.  I will use this voice to give general advice and provide theories of mafia play.  My first piece of advice: always keep your wits about you and keep your options open.  Finding someone you think is obviously scum is nice, but there are more than one scum here, and there's always a chance your target isn't scum (unless they were confirmed scum, but in that case there isn't any doubt as to their identity).
4maskedwolf:Are you subtly trying to tell us that you have a reason to believe that ATH isn't scum?
Obviously you miss the point of my IC voice.  I will not encode secret messages in my IC voice.  I was speaking from personal experience.  At the time or writing that, I had no idea who the lynch targets were.

Gimme a bit, I just woke up but I'll try to have something of content done in the next few hours.
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2015, 04:36:10 pm »

Votecount:
*Tomasque - (0)
*NJW2000 - Tolyk (1)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - (0)
*Roo - TheDarkStar AbstractTraitorHero Hector13 (3)
*Hector13 - Roo (1)
*Tolyk - (0)
*4maskedwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Tomasque, NJW2000, Megggas, 4maskedwolf

Extension requests: 0/4
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends at 1:30 PM PST Wednesday, November 4th.  There are two extensions available.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2015, 04:40:13 pm »

Ok, I'm back at a computer and I'll be around for 3-6 hours.  I'll be reading through the thread and responding to questions accordingly.

It would be a dumb move for the scum to not kill him if he's the real cop.  If they let him live though the night, he'll investigate someone as townie or scum.  Then before we lynch him tomorrow, he can identify the person he checked out as scum or town.  When he's revealed as the cop after lynching, then we'll take his investigation claim seriously.  If he identifies a townie, then that person will probably be the scum's next target during the following night, but if he just so happens to identify one of the scum, it would be disastrous for them.  I don't think the scum would take that chance.

Of course, if a jail keeper intervenes to block the scum's kill, then that could muddy things up a bit.

Eh, whatever the case, Unvote.  Unless someone counter claims cop, it's in our best interest to not lynch AbstractTraitorHero for now.  If he's legit, then we lynch a townie and deny him the chance to investigate somebody at night.  If he's not, then we'll find out by the end of tomorrow.
Megggas: I think that not voting him is a bad move. If he is Rolecop, he has a higher chance of finding a power role than if he was a cop looking for scum (since he wouldn't investigate himself nor his scum partner). What do you say to that (once you see this again)?
He certainly could be a Rolecop, but I think voting for him now is a bad idea.  It's possible he's actually a cop who doesn't know how to play his role properly.  Of course, it's also possible that he's scum who doesn't know how to play his role properly.  I'm having trouble getting a good read on him.  His behavior in this game has been very sloppy.  Most of his posts are shoddily written, unclear, and poorly thought out.  I also get the impression that he didn't read the OP that closely, since he didn't know if there could be multiple cops and assumed Rolecop and Cop meant the same thing.  For all we know, he might have misread his PM and thought he was the town cop instead of the scum rolecop.  I'm not really sure yet.

@Hector Your play is throwing me off a bit; you ask questions but don't bother to follow up from what I can tell. Can you link your previous games? I'm wondering if you do this as scum.
As for who I'm looking to pressure next idk maybe njw for the shameless bandwagon disliked his "lol your reason" thing.

@TDS you asked why I don't believe his (ahts') claim? That is extremely unfortunate I was hoping I wouldn't have to claim.

P-edit: Hector from my point of view it looks you were dogging me most of real time yesterday. I assumed this would culminate in a vote (inccorectly), but now you have suprised me in voting for njw for not asking many questions. It just feels like something is off here. Not to mention this feeling came after the IC [(tolyk) I think he is the ic has the same characteristic mafia god complex] votes njw. I'm gonna back up reread the game and go from their.

Roo, are you implying that you are the real Cop?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »

Balls. Why are you so keen to make me look stupid, Hector13, you snot-eating piece of mutant traitor scum?
What the actual fuck. UNVOTE, anyways, I can't see what a vote on him will do for us right now. Aaahrm.

ROO

Ok, what "lol your reason", what "shameless bandwagon"? You mean ATH? Ofc I'm suspiscious of a gambitting roleclaimer on D1.

And with the second quote, what on earth do you mean??? Do you mean counterclaim? I'm confused. What meggas said.

Looking back for an omgus on roo (this is why we need to be clear ::)) I realise that people may still want the hints ATH dropped to be shown. Why and to what extent is this a priotiry for you, hector13
One wheel short of a wagon

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2015, 05:19:35 pm »

Balls. Why are you so keen to make me look stupid, Hector13, you snot-eating piece of mutant traitor scum?
What the actual fuck. UNVOTE, anyways, I can't see what a vote on him will do for us right now. Aaahrm.
oops missed that, I would edit it but you unvoted so nevermind
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2015, 05:22:11 pm »

Ahhh that makes less sense. You voted me then started hassling me interesting approach. That makes more sense as scum no need to continue to on my case again and again after the vote as the voting indicates that you have one found scum two implies a case and three can move on to other people or sttempt to convince others of my guilt. You were looking for takers to hop on weren't you? Lol. What bad play.

hector shameless omgus.

And why wouldn't I ask for your games. The reaction test is as valid as any other. The superior play is to provide them and let me sift; instead you lash out attach less then endearing qualities to yours truly. Tell me why do you feel the need to discredit me? Ahh that's right you have a vote but as you hector openly admit no case/evidence/feelings/suspicion as you have spent most of real tjme yesterday on ath case. So I think we all are wondering what is up with that?

Egads, man. I... what... like... wow.

The vote I have on you is an RVS vote, which has since morphed into a pressure vote to get you to answer some questions, which you haven't done. I questioned ATH, and while I'm not convinced he's the cop, I'm also not convinced he's scum. The questions of mine that you have answered were contentless:
Spoiler: On Roo's insanity (click to show/hide)

PPE:
Looking back for an omgus on roo (this is why we need to be clear ::)) I realise that people may still want the hints ATH dropped to be shown. Why and to what extent is this a priotiry for you, hector13

Roo omgused me, for some reason I've yet to divine.

Anyway, I wanted the hints from ATH yesterday. It's not important anymore though, 'cause if he's scum he's had too much time to figure out how to explain them away.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2015, 05:57:38 pm »

I was in the process of quoting a bunch of Roo's early posts to show that he started hinting at himself being the cop after ATH's role claim, but hector13 beat me to it.

However, I also noticed that Roo's initial vote on ATH seems to based on a misunderstanding on his part.
P-edit: nvm ATH(abstracttraitorhero) he was clearly role playing why so slighted over a random vote friend?
@ath I don't believe you but if I did I don't see how that is relevant to my vote. As I said I believe hector was role playing and voted you and you got not mad but certainly upset in some way hence the word slighted.

It sounds like Roo voted for ATH early on because hector13 put a RV on ATH while roleplaying and ATH voted him back.  However, that's not what happened.

well it appears we got absolutely smashed last night and villainous scum have snuck amongst our little group so NJW2000why my friend do you suspect Hector13 beyond his name being oddly fishy?
I mean hector 13 what happened to the previous 12 hector!?
It was NJW2000 that voted for hector13 while roleplaying, and ATH voted for NJW for silly reasons, probably just to see how he'd react.  Hector13 had voted for Roo and only roleplayed while putting an FOS on NJW2000.

I'm not sure if this is relevant at this point, but I thought I'd mention it.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2015, 06:00:13 pm »

hector shameless omgus.

I think he provided a reason, Hec. You just seem a bit fishily hostile here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2015, 06:00:30 pm »

Fish.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »

Roo: Why did you never answer the question I asked you earlier?
Roo:  I know you've played several games of mafia.  Do you think you've improved since your first game?  If you had to rank yourself in skill level from 1 to 10, what ranking would you give yourself?

NJW2000:

I think he provided a reason, Hec. You just seem a bit fishily hostile here.
Care to elaborate?

4maskedwolf:
4maskedwolf:  In your experience, what are the most common scum tells dropped by newbie scum?
Depends on the newbie.  Most new scum get ID'd as scum because they are new.  I'm going to say something about scumtells in a bit, but right now I'm answering questions.
What exactly do you mean by "Most new scum get ID'd as scum because they are new"?  Can you give an example?

TolyK:
What do you think about Roo's implied cop claim?  Does this affect your view of ATH's cop claim?

TheDarkStar:
From what I can tell, you've only posted once so far during Day 1.  Why the inactivity?  Also, you were voting for Roo because he was voted for ATH, who claimed cop.  What do you think of Roo now?  Do you intend to still vote for him?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2015, 06:32:23 pm »

Not judging or recommending his reasons, but they were that Hector reacted oddly hostilely to requests for games, and that he voted before pressuring. NOT SAYING THEY'RE GOOD, just that Hector seems to be trying a little too hard to make roo look nuts/scum. Maybe he's just an abrasive person though. Sleep now.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2015, 06:37:10 pm »

TheDarkStar:
From what I can tell, you've only posted once so far during Day 1.  Why the inactivity?  Also, you were voting for Roo because he voted for ATH, who claimed cop.  What do you think of Roo now?  Do you intend to still vote for him?
EBWOP
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45