Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you want the current Chapter to be rewinded back to Turn 1?

Yes.
No.
I'm not a player but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 104

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Closing.  (Read 68793 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Is kinda brutal.
« Reply #1500 on: July 08, 2016, 09:04:11 am »

Poll has been made so the silent playerbase can have a voice as well.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 08, 2016, 09:05:13 am »

Can we not have random people voting on it? Aka if you're not playing, don't vote?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 08, 2016, 09:31:46 am »

After a brief talk with BMM42 I've decided to tell the hidden condition that Salvar's troop will retreat if Salvar or half his mooks get killed.

I still dislike telling people how/what/when because that smells of walkthrough rather than playthrough, but there you have it.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 08, 2016, 09:35:28 am »

That's... kind of a case of ViolationOfCommonSense there.

I mean, that would have been the logical equivalent of throwing some of your units to the meatgrinder in hopes that their chunks would jam the mechanism. No way we would have thought to do that before the Pahravinites showed up, especially when our listed objective was either to kill all enemies or escape.

EDIT: I am voting for the do-over. If we're going to fail for what would normally be completely unforeseeable, non RNG reasons, we deserve to at least put our best foot forward.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:51:49 am by CrimsonEon »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 08, 2016, 09:39:59 am »

Well, we know now, and that's the important thing.

For the record, i am at this point voting for the mulligan.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 12, 2016, 08:11:13 am »

I tried to rewind with the time machine but I think I broke something and this is the best result .<'
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 12, 2016, 10:37:05 am »

Currently running numbers for the entire group of PCs (except Vera) vs Salvar and his men. The two prevailing schools of thought right now are A: Kill Salvar, don't even bother with his doods, and B: Kill Salvar's doods, and leave him be. Gonna get us a basic array of numbers for easier strategifying. Not doing for the new players either, since they're well away from the rest of us.

Spoiler: Finally done (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TLDR Threat Levels (click to show/hide)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 13, 2016, 08:57:56 am »

Okay so lets get a discussion going. Before we can start planning we need to determine what our primary goal is going to be.

Do we rush Salvar down, kill him, and force his minions to retreat that way?

Or do we downsize his staff instead, and force him to go to a meeting with his human resources department?

Neither one of these options is going to be a simple task. Salvar's dudes are tough, and we aren't going to be able to halve them in a single turn.

Salvar himself is STUPID tough, but is not an insurmountable challenge based on my findings above. Especially considering that our Charisma totem isn't really factored into those numbers, and 10% can make a serious difference.

I would like people to make their positions clear, and if you have a reason beyond your gut instinct, please share it.

I for one feel like dealing with the mook squad is the best call.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 13, 2016, 09:09:38 am »

Neither of the options seem like they're going ot be pleasant.
I'd say that if we can take out Salvar, then we should, because otherwise combined with his goon squad we'll probably get rekt.

But I don't really know.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 13, 2016, 09:11:04 am »

I haven't looked at the numbers yet, but a gut feeling is that we should go for boss-dude, but only if we can down him in one turn. If we do that we'll have at least a turn, maybe two to get up the people he downed before the other guys get to us.

If we can't deal with him in a turn, go for the mooks.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 13, 2016, 09:12:51 am »

... do you mean get the guys he downed up to full health or just up period? Cause anyone he downs on pp that we don't heal then die.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 13, 2016, 09:15:26 am »

Up to reasonable or full health I mean. Obviously get up everyone he downed on the same turn. If that's not really possible then we'd probably just have to go for the mooks.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 13, 2016, 09:26:50 am »

... do you mean get the guys he downed up to full health or just up period? Cause anyone he downs on pp that we don't heal then die.

This is my main concern in going for Salvar. Anyone he engages is likely to go down, and some people are definitely going down. That's not too much of a problem if we get our hits off, but that's a big if. And getting him in a position where we can attack from multiple angles is also going to be tricky. The odds of anyone soloing him are just too long to be trying for him with just one or two spaces to attack him from.

Whereas with the mooks, while we have a much longer minimum period of engagement with the enemy, we don't need nearly as many stars to align. So that's the idea behind my position.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 13, 2016, 09:33:03 am »

My problem there is that since they pretty heavily outnumber us, we can't engage them all at once and Salvar can just cherry pick us while they crit us and mebbe us all bleeding again. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if it was just them since we could apply hit and run tactics. But since hasp didn't actually follow his plan if having everything happen exactly as it did first time around, we've got angry pahs coming at us from behind and they have lots of mov which means they'll close that distance fast

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 13, 2016, 09:41:16 am »

This feels like it might be a repeat of what happened when I played Chapter 20 of Awakening on hard/classic.
I.E. "do the same thing every time until you stop messing up and finally beat it".
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 104