Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you want the current Chapter to be rewinded back to Turn 1?

Yes.
No.
I'm not a player but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 104

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Closing.  (Read 69120 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Character recruitment open again!
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2015, 07:20:08 pm »

... class has nothing to do with character? Not really. Like, if you're good at being one class, there's no reason you won't be good at another. There tends to be some group planning and there's general ways to play regardless of class? Unless there's something specific you mean that I'm missing?
Well class does determine playstyle such as weather your healer, close range fighter, archer or magic user. Like mount classes allow for quick rescuing and hit and run tactics. Healer classes and performer classes tend to be at the back changing between players to support them.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Character recruitment open again!
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2015, 07:21:26 pm »

I did want to go wanderer, if it really is that bad though it might be better to go bounty.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2015, 07:25:13 pm »

I did want to go wanderer, if it really is that bad though it might be better to go bounty.
It's not bad, it's just that Bounty Hunter is in most cases better. Move on most terrain types, or use any weapon?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2015, 07:30:05 pm »

... class has nothing to do with character? Not really. Like, if you're good at being one class, there's no reason you won't be good at another. There tends to be some group planning and there's general ways to play regardless of class? Unless there's something specific you mean that I'm missing?
Well class does determine playstyle such as weather your healer, close range fighter, archer or magic user. Like mount classes allow for quick rescuing and hit and run tactics. Healer classes and performer classes tend to be at the back changing between players to support them.

Yes and no? Like, sometimes mounted classes are tanky and so they just sit in front and and take attacks. Sometimes healers are tanky so they can just chill in front and take whatever hits they need to take (see FEF2 for two examples of this). Class has some influence but does not determine in the long run, not really.

Also yeah, wanderer is fine. Bounty Hunter is just helpful in that you can steal weapons and then use them regardless of it being your prof or not. Though wanderer can get us stuff for cheaper which is nice.

Edit: ... I just realized that Sl4cker is also making a scavenger-->wanderer. You guys, there are other classes...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:38:53 pm by Swordstar »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2015, 07:48:38 pm »

Everyone will have scavenger :P

(I mean it would get all of them killed with wrong set of enemies but hey, more fun for me :3)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2015, 07:53:53 pm »

Everyone will have scavenger :P

(I mean it would get all of them killed with wrong set of enemies but hey, more fun for me :3)

I get weird feeling that tons of lances and light mages will show up for some reason.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2015, 10:13:14 pm »

Haspen, just letting you know I'll try to catch up with you quick on IRC tomorrow regarding my character promotion. This weekend's been a bit of trouble on my end so I wasn't able to catch up sooner, but sorry for the inconvenience.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 21, 2015, 04:41:50 am »

Haspen, just letting you know I'll try to catch up with you quick on IRC tomorrow regarding my character promotion. This weekend's been a bit of trouble on my end so I wasn't able to catch up sooner, but sorry for the inconvenience.

But... you already posted your stuff and I promoted Lizbeth? v:
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2015, 05:41:43 am »

Also not that I want to imply anything buuuut I would say that getting in Chapter 6 will be easier than anywhere, considering all the applied sheets so far v;

* Haspen also pokes Kansa again.
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »

Fiddled with growths slightly:
http://pastebin.com/Vf23efW9

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2015, 05:24:48 pm »

Alice promotes to Scavenger
+5% SPD
Thrusting Swords(C), Swords (D); Dread(C), Dark Tomes(D).
Skill Running Start: When Alice uses all of her movement she gets +2 base damage

There I hope this is better.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2015, 05:47:11 pm »

Not certain Hasp will allow two PSes that give the same bonus, but otherwise that looks legit

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 21, 2015, 08:31:48 pm »

[after lian and chalco stop arguing]
C-Support Obtained!
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 21, 2015, 08:37:13 pm »

You say that like you think they'll stop arguing.

(Also, I doubt Hasp will award supports this early in the game)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2015, 08:38:05 pm »

ok I think im all caught up now
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 104