Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 115

Author Topic: New Moon High School for the Paranormal: OOC  (Read 73272 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: New Moon High School for the Paranormal: OOC
« Reply #1440 on: October 20, 2015, 06:50:34 pm »

Also, it's more trying to control other people's characters that gives that impression. Like the whole thing with Zacherus going into the room with Zack and Minako- he asked, and none of the characters said he couldn't, but you kept shutting it down.
I apologise for playing devil's advocate here, as I do agree with you and SB, but it's just a little rude to head into someone's room without an invitation.

However, yes, to add my two cents, Fish, you're getting way too controlling of other people's characters. It is not your call to decide if something is done or not, unless it is done to your characters specifically. That call belongs to the GM.
In that case, he could have pointed it out in-character instead of taking control of Zacherus. It is Alan's room too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 20, 2015, 06:51:08 pm »

Don't bother giving him bait, it never ends well. Ever.
I can attest.
I'm allowed to freak out at the possibility of another...off-kilter character.  "Ideas" and all.  Thanks.
...No you aren't? It's not your responsibility to guage every character we even suggest bringing into the game on whether or not they fit your standards of whatever the hell "kilter" means to you??
What are you even talking about?
I'm sorry, I think you're confusing "freaked out because someone threatened !!ideas!!" with "actual sanely developed opinion on this subject".  I don't actually oppose crazyabe making a third character if it opens up and Adragis approves, but I don't like the...special breed of imagination...implied with "ideas".
Also, it's more trying to control other people's characters that gives that impression. Like the whole thing with Zacherus going into the room with Zack and Minako- he asked, and none of the characters said he couldn't, but you kept shutting it down.
Uh, no, he tried to slip something in on my character without telling me he was going to do so beforehand.  Zacherus never went in the room, nor did he try to, IIRC.

I'm going to go hunt down the quotes in question.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 20, 2015, 06:54:03 pm »

I did agree with you on that point, Twin, if you did look at the quote. At least, I assume it was implied. >_>

The use of the word "ideas" is perfectly valid. And you're on the Bay12Forums, the forums that came out with such gems as Boatmurdered. Do you, honestly, expect sane ideas?

Half-seriously, I don't think you've been here long enough if you still think people come up with sane ideas.

More to the point, there are better and less egregious ways of mending situations than hamfistedly taking control of the other's characters.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:56:51 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 20, 2015, 06:56:16 pm »

Uh, no, he tried to slip something in on my character without telling me he was going to do so beforehand.  Zacherus never went in the room, nor did he try to, IIRC.

I'm going to go hunt down the quotes in question.

I looked already. He did come, but then you said he didn't, and it was only after that that they said that the eye was on Alan's shoulder.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 20, 2015, 06:57:46 pm »

The use of the word "ideas" is perfectly valid. And you're on the Bay12Forums. Do you, honestly, expect sane ideas?

Half-seriously, I don't think you've been here long enough.
To answer your question: No, but I still freak out anyway.
Also, it's " "ideas" ", not just, you know, "ideas".  The threat of ideas, as emphasized by fingerquoting motions, is different from the word ideas.  Eh.  Internetymology aside, can we just drop the subject?  I overreacted a bit in response to what was probably a joke to begin with.

I looked already. He did come, but then you said he didn't, and it was only after that that they said that the eye was on Alan's shoulder.
Geez.  My apologies then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 20, 2015, 06:59:07 pm »

I'm sorry, I think you're confusing "freaked out because someone threatened !!ideas!!" with "actual sanely developed opinion on this subject".  I don't actually oppose crazyabe making a third character if it opens up and Adragis approves, but I don't like the...special breed of imagination...implied with "ideas".
I'm sorry, but I don't like the...special breed of 'everyone cater themselves to me'...implied with "OH ARMOK NO. NEVER."
Black lives matter.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 20, 2015, 07:00:07 pm »

Pro-tip: it's much easier to deal with unwanted guests by barking their heads off in game than it is to screw with their character. Most times they'll back off instantly.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 20, 2015, 07:01:02 pm »

I'm sorry, but I don't like the...special breed of 'everyone cater themselves to me'...implied with "OH ARMOK NO. NEVER."
Yeah.  I really could have worded that better.  Again, I apologize, now can we drop it?
Pro-tip: it's much easier to deal with unwanted guests by barking their heads off in game than it is to screw with their character. Most times they'll back off instantly.
Oookay.
Sigtext

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 20, 2015, 07:04:24 pm »

Also, how did Teresha break the dress code? I did specify that her skirt as knee-length.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:07:47 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 20, 2015, 07:05:22 pm »

I think the point has been made and we can drop it now. Just saying.
Sigtext!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 20, 2015, 07:07:49 pm »

Hmm... Adragis, if I could make a suggestion, speeding up the pace of the game a little might be good for giving people something to do instead of sow chaos left and right.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 20, 2015, 07:08:20 pm »

Hmm... Adragis, if I could make a suggestion, speeding up the pace of the game a little might be good for giving people something to do instead of sow chaos left and right.
Yeah, I really do think you're right.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 20, 2015, 07:09:21 pm »

But Chaos = FUN :(
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 20, 2015, 07:10:47 pm »

Aha.  Found it.
Zacherus never explicitly left the common room before showing up at the dorm.  That...Probably triggered the nope.  Very much an overreaction on my part.
Once again, mea culpa, but seriously, if you're going somewhere, go there, don't just suddenly show up.
Yeah, I really do think you're right.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We've spent weeks on a day.
Sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 20, 2015, 07:13:16 pm »

But Chaos = FUN :(
There is a point where this ceases to be true.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 115