Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Astraeus-Lunar IV  (Read 5550 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Astraeus-Lunar IV
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2015, 08:33:08 am »

"Carmen," could you come over to the console here and see if you can find the ship contents matrix? It would be nice to know how much food, tools, etcetera we have, as well as where they are.

I would do so myself, but I have to report to Mission Control, and it might take a while."

EDIT: Changed "Jasmine to "Carmen."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:03:23 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2015, 08:59:54 am »

((Jasmine's comms are not yet synced with you, and you are in separate rooms.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2015, 10:42:38 am »

Sync comms with anyone I've not synced comms with yet. Find them if necessary.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2015, 11:01:54 pm »

Whoops. My previous post was meant to be addressed to Carmen. Will fix that.

Finish the action I posted last turn.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2015, 12:21:18 am »

Sync comms, dammit! Jasmine stares at John in bemusement for a few moments. "I'm starting to wonder if you're actually qualified to be on this mission in the first place."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2015, 11:32:24 am »

Get over to Jasmine & John and sync comms before quickly checking John's shoulder.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2015, 09:20:37 pm »

Sync comms with anyone I've not synced comms with yet. Find them if necessary.
Carmen decides that syncing comms with John and Jasmine is a good idea. As Kiran has opened his tube but not exited, she decides that she will wait until he is ready to go to sync comms. [4] She maneuvers towards John and Jasmine by pushing off the wall towards the corner, approximating the amount of distance she needed to travel, and pushing off with the needed amount of speed. She gently bumps into Jasmine, and attempts to sync comms with John. However, just as she's about to do so, she hears Eric shout over the comms "OH SH-", before he comes flying in at high speed and crashes into her, sending her into the wall. [5] She manages to recover instantly and uses this advantage to assist Eric, stopping him from smashing face-first into the same wall.

Whoops. My previous post was meant to be addressed to Carmen. Will fix that.

Finish the action I posted last turn.
Eve enters the comms room and, after a bit of poking around on the comms terminal, finds an information in what is referred to as a "Packet." Some information is enclosed in text, which is labeled "Read upon planetfall". There is also a media file stored, which she plays now. On a small holographic screen, a three-dimensional image of a man appears. "Greetings, astronauts. I am Colonel Rett of the U.S.A.S.A military, specializing in the astronautical division. In other words, I'm your commanding officer. Now, you've just been asleep for one year. While you were asleep, much has developed on Earth. Most importantly, we've done some tests on Cryo-Stasis, and discovered some worrying details. Apparently individuals subjected to Cryo-Sleep for long periods of time suffer some temporary memory loss as their brain frantically tries to figure out what the hell is going on. We've worked out the kinks in the system and have changed the code for all of our cryo-stasis pods back on Earth, but yours still need to be re-coded. Please see attached file #543 for the code, and instructions on where to replace it. In other news, the people's republic of Soviet Korrusia has dissolved, sending Eastern Asia into anarchy. I envy you up on that shuttle. Actually, never mind, I don't. It seems that a shuttle launched by a hostile nation, lightly manned and moving fast, is nearing your ship. When you wake up, it will be a mere two days away from intercepting. They'll likely try to board and seize the ship. As they are such a short distance away, reentering cryostasis would be foolish. Just rest in the ships dormitory when you grow tired, until the threat has been dispatched. Please record a video packet reporting your situation and we will get back to you within the hour."
Sync comms, dammit! Jasmine stares at John in bemusement for a few moments. "I'm starting to wonder if you're actually qualified to be on this mission in the first place."
Jasmine attempts to sync comms with John, but just before John finishes syncing comms with her Carmen bumps gently into Jasmine, coming to a stop. Jasmine gives Carmen a thumbs up, seconds before Eric comes flying out of nowhere and collides with Carmen, sending both Carmen and Eric into the wall. Jasmine releases Carmen to avoid her from spinning off too, so her and John remain unaffected. While Carmen and Eric resolve their little collision, Jasmine syncs comms with John.

Get over to Jasmine & John and sync comms before quickly checking John's shoulder.
Eric tries to leap over to Jasmine, John, and now Carmen, [1] but overestimates the amount of power necessary to push off the wall. He rockets towards Carmen and only has time to scream a warning of "OH SHI-" before colliding. The next few seconds were blurry for him, but he eventually realizes Carmen saved him from smashing face-first into the wall. Phew.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2015, 10:27:32 am »

"Didn't we just turn on the fucking gravity? Why are we still flying? Just walk, you stupid bastard," Carmen Corman tells Eric, thinking that something's gone terribly wrong here.

SYNC COMMS ALREADY JESUS CHRIST

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2015, 01:50:58 pm »

((Uhhh......... I FORGOT ABOUT THE GRAVITY PART! Noob GM is noob. Just assume it took a few minutes for the gravity to spin up. And it's finished spinning up this turn))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2015, 02:31:56 pm »

SYNC COMMS FFS!

"Everybody alright? No major injuries?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2015, 10:06:15 pm »

Back away from Jasmine, and de-sync comma if she syncs us. Ignore everyone else, find the kitchen/galley, and make a pot of coffee. Once it's sufficiently cooled, slowly drink the entire pot of coffee. Under no circumstances share coffee, ignore coworkers until I've finished drinking it.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2015, 09:28:27 pm »

"I found a message from our commanding officer in the comms room. Let me play a recording of it:"

Quote from: Colonel Rett
"Greetings, astronauts. I am Colonel Rett of the U.S.A.S.A military, specializing in the astronautical division. In other words, I'm your commanding officer. Now, you've just been asleep for one year. While you were asleep, much has developed on Earth. Most importantly, we've done some tests on Cryo-Stasis, and discovered some worrying details. Apparently individuals subjected to Cryo-Sleep for long periods of time suffer some temporary memory loss as their brain frantically tries to figure out what the hell is going on. We've worked out the kinks in the system and have changed the code for all of our cryo-stasis pods back on Earth, but yours still need to be re-coded. Please see attached file #543 for the code, and instructions on where to replace it. In other news, the people's republic of Soviet Korrusia has dissolved, sending Eastern Asia into anarchy. I envy you up on that shuttle. Actually, never mind, I don't. It seems that a shuttle launched by a hostile nation, lightly manned and moving fast, is nearing your ship. When you wake up, it will be a mere two days away from intercepting. They'll likely try to board and seize the ship. As they are such a short distance away, reentering cryostasis would be foolish. Just rest in the ships dormitory when you grow tired, until the threat has been dispatched. Please record a video packet reporting your situation and we will get back to you within the hour."

"I also found a text file there, labeled 'Read upon planetfall.' As for the reply, I think we should wait until all of us are organized and informed before sending back a video packet."

Find the Ship Contents Matrix for a more detailed list of the resources at our disposal, and their location.

((I don't have time to check right now, but how many of our comrades are inactive/semi-inactive? It seems like we have a few.))
Money!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2015, 09:37:12 pm »

((Only Kevak is inactive. Might have to replace him. Oh, and if people are watching and want to join, don't worry. Several positions as boarders might open up soon for combat.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2015, 11:29:23 am »

"What do you think I was trying to do? It's not my fault the gravity generator's on the blink."
Sync Comms and brace in case everyone gets smashed into the floor again. Oh, and attempt to recall own knowledge RE cryostasis and memory loss. These sorts of things don't just pop out of thin air, you know.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2015, 10:14:23 pm »

Bump.
Money!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5