Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159630 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 14 - The Great Purge
« Reply #450 on: January 22, 2016, 06:08:43 pm »

((God.
Damnit.
This happens every time with my luck, I swear.))
Put our hands up, surrender, anstain from fighting, show we have no weapons, and try to look as unthreatening as possible.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:23:11 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nunzillor

« Reply #451 on: January 22, 2016, 10:51:47 pm »

"You, sir!  Join me in returning this fair village to the country of Denmark, or die at the edge of my katana!"

If he refuses to join the rebellion, charge and slice him with my katana.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:58:23 pm by Nunzillor »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 22, 2016, 11:04:24 pm »

Immaterial takes a few deep breaths, and then looks around at his followers with a grim expression. He holds out the rifle, and quietly says "I need a volunteer to hold the bastard here. I wouldn't ask any of you to do if I could myself, but he," he gestures at the bleeding militant, "needs medical treatment, and we're sitting ducks in this alley."
Hand off the rifle to someone for a suicide mission, and then move with the rest of my militants to cover.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 22, 2016, 11:15:47 pm »

Well. That was convenient.

Give that alien ship the best salute I can manage. If that laser weapon survived the explosion, grab it. In any event, get in my car and get back to that sedan. Maybe I can transfer the fuel from this car into it.

"Well, no one's ever gonna believe this. Wish I'd brought a camera."

Edit: This isn't really in my character spoiler, but I still have those cans of Shloer in my car, along with that Toolbox from the auto shop right? I kinda assume they're there, but I'm not 100% sure since non article items usually appear regardless(Like that stick Powder Miner had).  I honestly doubt I'll have a use for the soda unless I start dying of dehydration somehow, but the toolbox is actually pretty important. Sorry for any inconvenience.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:21:37 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 22, 2016, 11:49:15 pm »

Calmly disable these three mooks so I can pursue their leader.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 23, 2016, 04:31:14 am »

Attempt to use my knowledge of politics and acting to usurp the local police force.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 15 - Harassing the People of Denmark
« Reply #456 on: January 24, 2016, 01:33:22 pm »

Round 15: Harassing the People of Denmark
Weather Conditions: Snowing
Time: Afternoon

Immaterial surveys the grim situation; he's injured, one of his men are badly hurt and another three are out on the street engaged in a vicious duel. He asks for a volunteer to take his rifle and use it to hold the group's position out on the street. Without hesitating, one of the his followers takes up the gun, "I will pin him down here, take care of 'em Boss, I won't let you down." With his plan enacted, Immaterial orders his last two uninjured, not-currently-fighting henchman to take the wounded militant somewhere safer, while nursing his own injured shoulder. [2] They exit the alleyway away from NAV and onto another street where there is less fighting but no sign of anyone who could help them, or even anyone at all really. Immaterial begins formulating a new plan when one of the militants taps him on the shoulder, gesturing to the wounded man; the other standing soldier is shaking him and checking for breathing, but he gets no response. "Sir, he didn't make it."
The three militants armed with scraps and engaged in NAV all charge at him simultaneously. (7 vs. 6+3) Without even shifting his feet, NAV uses his Golf Club to parry all of their attacks. "Do you really expect to take down a true warrior with those basic techniques?" (9+3+1 vs. 4) NAV frontflips into the air above his opponents and then comes down with a single vertical swing that slams into the skull of two militants, knocking them both out cold. When he lands, he looks up and glares at the last standing militant, who drops his weapon and flees. NAV relaxes, "That's what I thought you would do, coward!" (Angry Opposition Deactivated)
NAV proceeds towards the alleyway that he saw Immaterial take cover in, but a single militant armed with a rifle springs out and fires on him! (1 vs. 2) Before he can get a shot off, NAV grabs the barrel of the gun and pulls it away from his body. (1+3 vs. 9) NAV raises his golf club with his other hand to strike the soldier, who reacts quickly by jabbing NAV in the eye. NAV stops his attack and lets go of the gun's barrel and staggers backwards; the jab did no permanent damage or even temporary damage, but it was enough to cause him to flinch for a moment, enough time for the militant to escape his grasp.

NAV wipes away sweat from his targeted eye and quickly regains a proper fighting stance. (10+3 vs. 7) The militant pulls his rifle back up, but not before NAV has already began a horizontal chopping strike with his club that smashes into the arm of the thug, hard enough that the sound of his breaking bone reverberates through the empty street. He screams and falls to his knees, dropping the rifle. NAV almost goes right around him, but not before repeating his attack and striking his other arm, doing a similar amount of damage. The militant, instantly crippled and faced with shock-inducing pain, goes unconscious.
NAV continues on his original path searching for Immaterial. (3) He heads down the alleyway, knowing they can't be far ahead, but stops midway and leans against the wall, panting. Even ancient heroes need a break now and then. (Right Forearm - Light Bleeding, has ended.)

Hawk goes looking for the local police force, and rather than them being holed up in the police station as they would be on a normal day, they are on the perimeter of town assisting the citizens who are taking refuge in the area. Hawk walks up to a group of about five idling police officers, (10+2) "Afternoon, officers. My name is Hawk and I have been given the responsibility to oversee the Denmark Police Department in this State of Emergency." One of the officers adjusts his belt, "What makes you think you can just do that, huh?"
Hawk pulls out a document stamped by the Governor's Office which details his powers and gives him the authority to oversee them at this moment. It's a forgery, but none of the officers realize this. "Well there you have it fellas', let's call it in." The five of them appear to believe Hawk's statement; however, when they radio this news in to their fellow officers via radio, the others appear to be reacting with everything ranging from confusion to hostility.

Twinwolf strolls through the isles of the hardware store, taking in the stock in his mind and trying to imagine a mechanism using what he has available in front of him. (1) A brilliant idea pops into Twinwolf's head as he reaches for a sledgehammer laying on the top of a shelf, which leads to the hammer falling on top of him. (9) The Nazi leaps backwards as it lands right where he was originally standing, cracking the tile floor. After this evasive maneuver, Twinwolf realizes that the sledgehammer-plan wouldn't actually work, and he has no idea how he would use any of this stuff to add mobility to the cannon. He regrets not going to any engineering workshops.

Ukranian Ranger walks up to an abandoned dentist's office. She takes the sign which reads "Dr. Smiles" and flips it over; using a spare chunk of metal she carves into the back of the sign the words, "U.R. DOJO" and place it back in its original position. Satisfied, she walks over towards the huddling mass of citizens on the edge of town, trying to convince them to join her in the pursuit of becoming skilled fighters. (3) The people reply that they are more concerned about figuring out where to get housing and food and don't care about learning to fight at the moment. Some even request that Ranger leave and go find some other city to set up shop in.

Execute and Yuri stand up with their arms above their heads as the hostile natives keep their weapons pointed at the Russians. "We surrender! We are not trying to hurt anyone or get into any confrontations. We're not with the invaders! We're not even armed!" (Weapon Inspection: Pass) One of the Natives circles around Execute and Yuri, failing to notice the Dagger tucked deep into Yuri's robes. "You truly are unarmed, and not only that, but you speak our tongue. If you are not with the rest of the pale men, what are you doing here?"

Person salutes in the direction of the departed spaceship. He moves over towards the rubble to inspect it for any loot, but the laser totally destroyed all traces of anything at all in its blast radius. He returns to his Austin-Healey Sports Car and drives it back to the vehicle that he was previously taking cover behind. He looks for a way to siphon gas from the partially destroyed vehicle, but the part of the vehicle that was destroyed included the gas tank.

AbstractTraitorHero goes into one of the shelters, a common destination this turn, and attempts to get the people of Denmark riled up enough to elect him presidents. (2+2) His campaign consists of telling everyone about how great New York is and how it has the best bagels and how the Yankees are doing this season and how he's related to some semi-famous people in Britain. This tactic does not go over well with these people and like Ukranian Ranger, some request for him to leave and go somewhere else. While they aren't happy with Abstract so far, Abstract also gains from them so intel that they aren't exactly happy with the current mayor either.

Nunzillor makes the logical conclusion that since this city is named Denmark, it must be part of the country of Denmark and is being illegally occupied by the United States. Seeking out followers to join her in an anti-American coup, Nunzillor chases after Hawk and comes up in front of him, pointing her Katana at his face. "You, sir!  Join me in returning this fair village to the country of Denmark, or die at the edge of my katana!" Before he can respond, a group of police officers swarms around Nunzillor, pointing their pistols at her torso. "Stop right there! This man is an official of the United States government! Back off or we will open fire!"

Weather Report: Snowfall is continuing to increase and expected to do so, coupled with gusty winds. Flights have been delayed and drivers are urged to take caution out on the roads.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MyNameIsImmaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)

Character sheets have been updated with Gender and Nationalities of each character based on their articles.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:28:21 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 24, 2016, 02:05:54 pm »

GOOD EVENING people get in the car i shall bravely assist you good Chaps!
Begin bravely Evacuating people in my car run over anyone who is causing violence yell about me serving this country.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 24, 2016, 02:58:32 pm »

(I like the different backgrounds and genders. Nice touch.)

Chase after Immaterial and take him out with the club. If he runs and I can't catch him throw the club at him and finish him off with the rifle.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 24, 2016, 02:58:58 pm »

Change marketing strategy by announcing that U.R. dojo is more than simple school and I am more than a simple master. Declare myself to be a prophet of a TRUE GOD and try hard to get few fanatical supporters\students
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 24, 2016, 04:26:40 pm »

Begin bravely Evacuating people in my car run over anyone who is causing violence yell about me serving this country.

What is your destination for evacuation?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 24, 2016, 04:49:49 pm »

((Really was tempted to say new york city))
1 or 2 miles outside town.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 24, 2016, 04:55:25 pm »

Try to find something useful. Then return to the cannon because I can't just leave it there.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 24, 2016, 05:09:48 pm »

((Really was tempted to say new york city))
1 or 2 miles outside town.

Within that range you could get to Fonteroy to the North or Cooperstown to the South. Both of them are quiet little towns even smaller than Denmark which has a grand population of about 2,100 people.

Green Bay is about 12 miles to the northwest if you're trying to get to a big city, well, it's a "big city" relative to the rest of the cities in Wisconsin.

You know, after looking at the layout of Wisconsin and middle America is basically nothing. I believe each of the previous games started in some small town or village, but since they took place in France and Thailand and Bangladesh, there were at least several significant places you could go to; I'm sure if those games lasted longer the location would've eventually shifted to a more bustling location.

And Abstract, I know you didn't choose go to New York but I'm waiting for the one person who just gets into whatever vehicle they have and travels to some far away place for some strategical reason or because fuck it, it's an open-world game and you can do whatever you want in your character's ability. I'm pretty sure that in one future round someone will end up either going deep into the oceans or into outer space.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 24, 2016, 05:11:27 pm »

Drop em off in coopertown.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97