Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Miners and Nobles: Nope died due to Tantrum Spiral  (Read 8247 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Miners and Nobles: Nope died due to Tantrum Spiral
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:16:26 pm »

This will be a Mafia and Masons game with a dwarf fortress flavor.  I will be using this open set up but with some changes:
  • There will only be nine people, two less Mafia and masons

All levels of skill are welcomed and since this is my second time running a game constructive criticism is okay, after the game is over or through pm.

Rules
  • Votes must be in red and preferably bolded
  • This is a nightless mafia, and because of that there is a hammer: 6 (a hammer means that once there are X votes on a target they are lynched and can't save them selves)
  • If you have a question about your role pm me
  • No ping other players both miners and nobles will get a quicktopic
  • Have Fun, mafia is suppose to be fun so be a good sport and don't sandbag your team

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:06:32 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Miners and Nobles (Mafia and Masons 0/10)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 05:28:39 pm »

In!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »

Lolwut? The entire point of town is that they don't know who scum are and have to find them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 07:25:04 pm »

Lolwut? The entire point of town is that they don't know who scum are and have to find them.
it is, before you comment on the idea check the set up that I'm using.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miners and Nobles (Mafia and Masons 1/11)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:35:24 pm »

Can you explain, then? Because I did read your post first.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 08:17:22 pm »

I linked an open setup from mafia wiki that explains it better, but in summary, the power roles are the masons who's power is that they know that they are town, they have to get the mafia lynched.

The mafia's only goal is to kill the masons, they do this by using a day kill at any time.  The only caveat is that is a mafia doesn't hit a mason with the kill they die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 09:44:40 pm »

Oh, OK then. Your first post seemed to imply that everybody was mason or mafia.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 09:46:52 pm »

no sorry, I was supplementing the open set up instead of copy paste, do you want in?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 09:49:27 pm »

Nah, no thanks. Maybe next time or something, but right now I'm organizing a game of my own that'll probably take a close eye.

(And sorry for being kind of a condescending arse in those first two posts by the way)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:42:25 am by Tawarochir »

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 10:08:13 pm »

in
Or not it's cool.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 12:15:30 am »

In
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miners and Nobles (Mafia and Masons 3/11)
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 01:54:03 pm »

In.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 02:59:06 pm »

I was the heroic mafia member who almost made it despite my suicidal team mates in Mafia & Masons. This setup is one of my favourite.

I'm In. I will say though that giving the mafia a quickchat topic means guaranteeing a mafia win if mafia have even a modicum of intelligence. The mafia mainly lost in the last one because they all targeted the same person and weren't able to communicate this fact to each other.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 03:20:38 pm »

I was the heroic mafia member who almost made it despite my suicidal team mates in Mafia & Masons. This setup is one of my favourite.

I'm In. I will say though that giving the mafia a quickchat topic means guaranteeing a mafia win if mafia have even a modicum of intelligence. The mafia mainly lost in the last one because they all targeted the same person and weren't able to communicate this fact to each other.
i was thinking about that, and you are right, what I'm going to do is only allow both teams to use the quick topic for 12-24 hours after each lynch.  Because I want to teams to be able to talk a little bit but you are right it does make the maf overpowered.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 07:10:25 am »

In.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: [1] 2 3 4