Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered  (Read 10215 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2015, 05:43:53 am »

"I thank you, and if you don't mind, I'll start with yourself."

"So, from the sound of it you didn't see the thing y'self?"
He didn't leave time for a response before continuing. "What I could really do wit' knowing would be if there'd be any reason for Rickard to vanish? Any enemies he, or the crew, had? I know how easy they are to make on the blue." - Kas glanced up at the portrait for a moment.

Still, his curiosity had been roused. A captain with ties to Oshain and an off limits armoury. That was what he could really do with knowing about.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2015, 05:10:08 am »

"I must admit," the captain says dryly, "I am not in the habit of going drinking with my crew.

So you are correct in assuming I did not see the event myself. As for enemies... Well, a kraken-ship is a common refuge for men who have made enemies. Out at sea for long periods, and a kraken crew tend to have a strong bond of brotherhood to help on land... when they're not at each others throats. As far as I know, however, there were no great grievances among my crew."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2015, 08:32:33 am »

Eleen remembered having to get past bar bouncers not unlike the woman before them...

"We're here to talk to the Head of the University, and to get his blessing for a small task. An informal visit, I don't expect it to take up much time. When can you get that arranged for us?" She replied, smiling politely.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2015, 10:40:09 am »

"Noted. Unless there's anything else I'll move on now. My thanks."

....Among the crew. Not suspicious in the slightest.

Move on unless anything's added - preferably to the witness themself.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2015, 06:46:47 pm »

Eleen remembered having to get past bar bouncers not unlike the woman before them...

"We're here to talk to the Head of the University, and to get his blessing for a small task. An informal visit, I don't expect it to take up much time. When can you get that arranged for us?" She replied, smiling politely.

"The Head is an incredibly busy man. Unless you have already booked an appointment, I do not believe he is free."
The meaning under the words seemed clear.
Go away, you ragamuffins.

"Noted. Unless there's anything else I'll move on now. My thanks."

....Among the crew. Not suspicious in the slightest.

Move on unless anything's added - preferably to the witness themself.
"Very well. Good fortune, Mr...?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2015, 07:00:57 pm »

Eleen didn't like bringing in the church like a sledge hammer, but sometimes you had to wedge the door open a bit to get your foot in...

"I think he'll want to talk to me, once you tell him I'm from the Redeeming Hand. I'm just here for a friendly visit and a chat-it's easier on everyone involved if we do this civilized-no need to bring in the Gongs*, ruin your day. I just need a bit of time. He'll know why I'm here-it's all over the news. Why not ask him, and get me out of your way?"

*A term for the Bronze armor wearing Church Guards
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2015, 07:03:29 pm »

Oriana is staring in awe at the bones of the Primordial. Nothin' like that back home...

Is there anything that some girl from the country would know about Primordials?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2015, 11:33:35 am »

"Kas. Just Kas."

He nods, sharply, and continues towards the door.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2015, 02:48:31 pm »

Eleen didn't like bringing in the church like a sledge hammer, but sometimes you had to wedge the door open a bit to get your foot in...

"I think he'll want to talk to me, once you tell him I'm from the Redeeming Hand. I'm just here for a friendly visit and a chat-it's easier on everyone involved if we do this civilized-no need to bring in the Gongs*, ruin your day. I just need a bit of time. He'll know why I'm here-it's all over the news. Why not ask him, and get me out of your way?"

*A term for the Bronze armor wearing Church Guards

"In that case," she says primly, "Talk to your Mother-Major. I believe she's dealing with matters with the Head."

Major? Oh, blast it.

The Redeeming Hand doesn't have a rank called Mother-Major, being somewhat less militarised than the Penitent Eyes, but you know of two female Majors within the Eyes.

If it's Major Frye, then you should be alright. You met her once, and she seemed an obliging sort - hard as nails, of course, all Majors are, but friendly enough. If she is present, then perhaps it'll be as simple as going in, asking politely, and kraken's your dinner.

If it's Major Haskin, you may have a lot of trouble indeed. What you've heard of Haskin doesn't paint a pretty picture - she leads a sub-sect of the Penitent Eyes called the Crushing Fist. The name says it all, really - those who had discipline problems, those known excessive violence, even for the church, the disgraced and the honourless all find their way to the Crushing Fist. Out of all the Sects present in Sleangate, the Crushing Fist has a very might-makes-right mentality... Haskin is infamous for having an standing offer of anyone who beats her in an unarmed duel can take her rank.

It says something that very few people take that offer. No one has tried to take it twice.

She also - and as a consequence, the rest of her sub-sect - has a great dislike for the Redeeming Hand, and you don't exactly know why. You heard on the grapevine there was a incident between her and the head of the Redeeming Hand in the past, and bad blood only worsens with time.

Oriana is staring in awe at the bones of the Primordial. Nothin' like that back home...

Is there anything that some girl from the country would know about Primordials?

You know the basics.
The Gods created the Primordials, each with their own sphere of interest, before they created humanity. The Primordials could speak the Words, and taught them to mankind. But mankind was arrogant with his power and nearly casued to World to go Silent. The seventeenth god removed the ability to speak magic from humans, and slew the Primordials for their foolishness. At least, that's what the priests said.

The Primordials craeted a lot of strange and wondrous things with their knowledge of the words. But that's a time in the past, now...

The bones are unlike anything you've ever seen. Not even your father's father would have been alive in the time when Primordials walked the earth, but you heard plenty of stories about them. Still, that hadn't prepared you for seeing the skeleton of one so close. It must have been huge.

"Kas. Just Kas."

He nods, sharply, and continues towards the door.

You meet the whittler outside, and he leads you to the witness, who was sleeping belowdecks on a hammock. The room is low and dark, the windows battened down, and Frescoe blinks blearily at you as he wakes up. The other sailor sleeping in the hammock next to his mumbles something and turns over.
"Oh, aye? You looking to 'ear me story, mate?" he mutters, failing to sound entirely enthusiastic.

Frescoe isn't an overly impressive looking sort. He's shorter than you, easily, and his muscles are more lithe than bulky. His brown hair is long and greasy, probably normally drawn up in a ponytail, but for now is strewn messily across his face. Clearly he was not expecting visitors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »

"Aye, thanks for your help." Eleen said, rubbing her forehead. What a headache...Church politics weren't her specialty. She had hoped to be in and out before the circus paraded through, but it was clear the College wasn't keeping a heavy enough lid on the information. They were technically all on the same side, sure, but from what she seen some folks had more of a...well, calling it 'competitive spirit' would be generous...in regards to their Holy Duty.

Still, Eleen wouldn't be denied. She had taken a Deep Oath, after all-to stop the killings and end the terror. Such a thing had weight and respect among the Church-the 17th God was said to witness the words you carved upon your flesh. It was an Oath to God himself. There were many sorts of Oaths among the clergy, some of the the lesser being Stone Oaths (a promise of fealty to a superior rank of any order), Sky Oaths (a promise to a lower or like-ranked member of your own order) and Sea Oaths (a promise to a friend, perhaps not of the Church). Haskin herself had made a Steel Oath-a pledge on continued martial prowess-to relent her position if she was beaten fairly. Oaths could be broken, of course (all except a Deep Oath), but all required penance...the Penance required for breaking a Deep Oath was something Eleen would rather not think about just right now.

Maybe this Hasking would respect that Eleen has also taken a Oath...or, maybe she'd get lucky and it'd be Frye...'Small-frye' her foes sometimes called her, not to her face. Despite the womans diminutive height, she was rumored to be one of the finest swordswomen in the Church-one she hardly knew, but secondhand. It was a small world, after all-her old Friend and near miss lover Cort had been trained by this very same woman in his own youth, and imparted his own martial skills to Eleen in turn.

Well, it would be interesting to see which one came up. Maybe they'd both be here, she thought with a species of grim amusement. She sidled to the side and spoke to Oriana.

"Ey, Freshet. Stop looking at them creepy old bones, and come on. We've got a meeting to attend."

Action: Nothing to be done but to go meet them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »

"Huh? Oh, sure. Comin'." Oriana looks away from the bones, and follows Eleen.

Follow Eleen
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2015, 04:03:20 pm »

Eleen thought for a moment.

"You're interested in Primordials, huh? I heard a rumor they found that Yuckareweapon guy in the dungeons of the Mud Kings palace a long long time ago-like it was all wrapped up in these heavy steel chains like a spiders web, deep, deep-and far away from the light. Creepy. Not sure what that old Mud King would ever want with something like that-assuming it was alive when he was alive. Or, why else would he chain it up? Then again, how could just metal hold something like that if it didn't want to be held? And, that's not the only thing down there-even after the Church tried to burn it down, there's still some interesting sights.

I'll have to take the Palace sometime, if we ever get a day off."
Eleen said, cheered at the prospect.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

"I just never thought anything could be that big... and yeah, that sounds like it could be fun."
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2015, 04:41:52 pm »

Eleen wasn't done yet, apparently. She continued speaking to the bouncer, before moving on.

"...oh yeah, and where can I find the Mother and the Head? I took by your words they're meeting right now?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2015, 06:00:14 am »

"I am. Where did the creature go, and what did it look like?"

And how much had you had to drink? - Kas had to bite his tongue.

"As much detail as you remember."

He was rapidly discovering that he wasn't really cut out for this investigation business.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:26:44 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10