Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you want to debate/discuss?

Best Sex Position.
Best method of cooking potatoes.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.  (Read 7218 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2015, 07:29:12 pm »

Quote from: DigitalDemon link=topic=153070.msg
Everything would make you a better person in a lot of ways.
[/quote
This information will make me a better person in a lot of ways.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: NOTHING.
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2015, 12:24:13 pm »

Silesian dumplings with some kind of meat sauce and some kind of salad/relish or butter or actually anything, even just Silesian dumplings without anything else.
They're so fucking cool, you can even eat them when they're cold, but they get a bit stale. Still cool.

Well, I decided to do some empirical testing, and made some Klöße (with gravy) for supper. I messed them up a bit, it being my first time and all, but they were pretty good. I'd say they're even with mash.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2015, 05:09:08 am »

Rösti. [/thread]

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2015, 06:23:31 am »

New topic?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

New topic?
As long as we all agree spuds are best

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Errr... Preferred method of suicide? Mine's long drop hanging: Quick, effective, relatively painless, and fairly clean as long as your head isn't ripped straight off.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The obvious ones are:
*Ill prepared expedition up a mountain or into the north pole
*3 whole Heliums
*Into the ocean holding a cannonball

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Well, I don't know how practical it would be, but some kind of instant brain explosion would probably be the most painless. You could light a stick of dynamite in your mouth, but that would be messy.

*Ill prepared expedition up a mountain or into the north pole
Are you planning on letting the other guy die with you?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gunshot. It's traditional and effective if you're competent.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Being in a room full of carbon dioxide, probably. Literally painless, just like going to sleep. Plus there's not really a concrete "point of no return" to get anxious about.
This is a weird conversation though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Boltgun to the head, followed by a gunshot or something? I mean, those are pretty much designed to kill large mammals as efficiently and painlessly as possible.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Being in a room full of carbon dioxide, probably. Literally painless, just like going to sleep. Plus there's not really a concrete "point of no return" to get anxious about.
AFAIK carbon dioxide does hurt - a lot - because carbon dioxide in your blood tells your body that it's not getting enough oxygen. Some other inert gas would work though, nitrogen probably is the most easily availible option.
The Bay12 postcard club

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Maybe he meant carbon monoxide though? That is supposed to work pretty well: we regularily have people dying from CO poisoning because their heater is badly maintained: the thing get on you and you don't even notice you're falling asleep.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

AFAIK carbon dioxide does hurt - a lot - because carbon dioxide in your blood tells your body that it's not getting enough oxygen. Some other inert gas would work though, nitrogen probably is the most easily availible option.
There's no mechanism in the body for detecting low oxygen, but being oxygen deficient for a long while can cause vomiting and stuff, so I guess that would be bad. But if you were making an effort at killing someone then they should be unconscious before that stuff starts.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

You don't directly detect low oxygen concentration, you detect CO2 concentration (via pH chance cause by the formation of H2CO3) as a proxy. So if someone was getting tons of CO2, he'd feel as if he was suffocation.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9