Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you want to debate/discuss?

Best Sex Position.
Best method of cooking potatoes.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.  (Read 7229 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2015, 09:32:02 am »

Part of me thinks that's kinda gross (mashed potatoes with SUGAR??) but then I've had various potato dumplings and I could see it.

Still, with sweet potatoes you don't need to add sugar, and you can make pies, puddings, creme brulee, etc.

(Disclaimer: The fact that North Carolina produces over 40% of the sweet potatoes grown in the US is completely unrelated to my love for the yam. Okay, it totally does.)  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2015, 09:33:54 am »

Creme brulee with something else than sugar, cream and egg yolk? What kind of monster are you?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2015, 09:35:29 am »

Part of me thinks that's kinda gross (mashed potatoes with SUGAR??) but then I've had various potato dumplings and I could see it.
It's awesome, I tell you. They don't have as strong potato flavour as other potato stuffs.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2015, 09:38:24 am »

Creme brulee with something else than sugar, cream and egg yolk? What kind of monster are you?
Oh, you still use those. You just add some mashed sweet potatoes, cinnamon and nutmeg. And it is GLORIOUS.

Also, this appears to have evolved into Food Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2015, 09:40:50 am »

Cinnamon and vanilla and nutmegs and spices are ok. But mashed potatoes?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2015, 09:45:40 am »

Cinnamon and vanilla and nutmegs and spices are ok. But mashed potatoes?
Mashed SWEET potatoes. You know, the orange-y things that aren't really related to potatoes at all (also known as yams, but not the yellow African yams because fuck those things).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2015, 09:51:13 am »

but not the yellow African yams because fuck those things

Hey, let's not play the race card here. :P

I've never really been able to get behind sweet potato. I struggle with sweet foods in general, actually.

I have to say, right now I think Kot is right about the best way to do potatoes. I am seriously considering cooking dumplings tonight instead of whatever else I was thinking of.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2015, 10:00:52 am »

In a severe violation of divide et impera, I have a suggestion for you guys: Mashed potatoes combined 1:1 with mashed sweet potatoes. Put in some salt, some pepper, maybe some nutmeg... Delishus.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2015, 01:01:00 pm »

Actually, I am totally naive regarding yams, they do not figure in Belgian cuisine (or the other European cuisine I am familiar with) at all.

Thus, they are clearly inferior, since we are the pinnacle of civilization and stuff.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2015, 01:31:37 pm »

Switching to sweet potatoes would make me a better person in a lot of ways.
Everything would make you a better person in a lot of ways.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2015, 01:37:12 pm »

Switching to sweet potatoes would make me a better person in a lot of ways.
Everything would make you a better person in a lot of ways.
oh snap

passive-aggressive BURN

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2015, 01:46:37 pm »

French fries.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »

Sweet potatoes aren't so great.
I had some nice sweet potato crisps once, but on the whole they can't compete with their more-popular cousins.

Once I had this variety of potato that had (naturally occurring!) dark blue skin and purple innards, it was actually really nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2015, 05:47:28 pm »

Sweet potatoes are legendary though

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2015, 07:11:11 pm »

I don't really care for sweet potatoes. They taste kind of bleh to me. Pumpkin pie over sweet potato pie any day.

I wonder if mashed pumpkin tastes any good? I think it's a given if you add nutmeg.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9