Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Futurecielings  (Read 781 times)

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Futurecielings
« on: September 12, 2015, 12:05:00 pm »

So I start in a normal biom. I'm going good, ran low a bit on the drink at one point but I made a still. My first interesting thing that happened is my FISHCLEANER got possessed. He made some crappy yak bone animal trap engraved with beans, I just left it at the makeshift craft dwarf area I made real quick (later converted to a book keepers office) but lo and behold, a were mongoose appears. He kills one dwarf and another one as he runs toward the burrow I set up inside the fortress. While everybody is huddling in the corner of the fort, I had set the artifact trap in front of a door I locked, he bled to death. Apparently these heroes did enough damage to him. I saw that a fisher dwarf was hurt but I made a huge mistake by ignoring that. Right in the middle of my fort, he turns and goes berserk. I draft everyone and even the children get in on the action. Many of them are injured and I have learned my lesson. I halt the tombs I'm building above and make a long building. I go over each dwarf and each one with injuries I Mark QUARANTINE. I lock them inside and I wait for them to die. Several children and founding dwarves will die in that building. Altogether the werebeast will claim ten of my 32 dwarves. I make tombs for the fallen heroes, and eventually for the quarantined. I will dump the body of the human that brought me this plague into a ditch so that all may gaze upon his corpse. The dead will be honored, a workshop will be engraved in their memory, and the fortress will move on.

So 3 out of six turn and they all start killing each other, the only one left is a fisher dwarf who killed his daughter who was also a were mongoose. I keep him locked up behind a wooden door that seems to keep dissapearing. When the filthy elves come, I sieze all of their worthless goods and have the were dwarf suit up as a militia man and fight the merchant. As he was going, he transformed. One elf got away, another one died. He then killed two dwarves before they made it to the burrow. All this time I'm really preoccupied with mailing tombs. I think mass graves are in order next time. I lock him up again. I get another possession, a jet bed with spikes of jet... I put that dwarf in with the were dwarf so he could get slaughtered. My fort is going jolly when the were dwarf breaks out again and goes on a killing spree before reverting. At this point I'm gonna retire the fort and come back with a military force embark, after exploring it in adventure.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:16:14 pm by Urist McLaptop »
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Futurecielings
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 05:03:12 pm »

The reason the door keeps disappearing is that were creatures are building destroyers...
Also, a better option is to quarantine each suspect individually (either behind a drawbridge or by bricking them in). That way you can greet the non turners back into society after the next full moon.
While dumping the plague bringer in a ditch might satisfy your desire for revenge (on this poor sap who probably got infected by someone cursed), it will bite you in your derričre, since each dorf who sees the body will get a bad thought each season the body is seen. It will also cause caravans to bolt if a merchant sees the body.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 06:40:43 pm »

Ah well to be honest I didn't think it out. I panicked, and when I came back half of them were were beasts so It fell
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:37:35 am »

Also, next time you have a cool story, put it in "Community Games and Stories," and questions go in "Gameplay Questions".  Just thought I'd tell you.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 11:43:40 am »

Ah thank you