Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28513 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2015, 05:00:51 pm »

Rune displayed an OS picture of Rune not hitting the Thing with the laser, then a computer generated image of Rune and the Thing hugging it out.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »

(/)* smiley *(/)  (/)*another of the original query that was probably language-related.*(/)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2015, 05:06:43 pm »

Rune was uncertain of what this query meant, so he just put a few question marks before showing a CGI image of the Thing using parts to repair Rune, Rune blowing stuff up, the Thing brutally dismantling people, then them hugging again.

((I do hope for Yourmaster's Sake that Rune does not notice him with valuable repair components. That would not end well for him.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2015, 05:53:51 pm »

(/)*pictures of the symbols Rune uses in his OS.*  *query.*(/)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »

Rune replied, printing "Binary" on his OS, followed by a meaningless string of 1's and 0's

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2015, 08:31:35 pm »

(/)*Binary* *strings of ones and zeroes.*
*each symbol, individually.*  *query*(/)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:37:10 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2015, 02:22:24 pm »

Go back to the crates I knocked over and check if I am compatible with the SH batteries. If I am, take some time to recharge. Store some knives and grab a stunblade.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2015, 06:57:27 pm »

Break the shapshift, and fling myself at the man! Engulf him in my acidic body! Absorb!

If I manage to do this, eject the knife, offering it to Erizen
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »

Turn 6

Attempt to set the mystery assailant's clothes on fire by casting Sparks on them.

Break the shapshift, and fling myself at the man! Engulf him in my acidic body! Absorb!

If I manage to do this, eject the knife, offering it to Erizen

Erizen Initiative: [6] = 6
Blorn Initiative: [1 + 1(speed)] = 2
Man Initiative: [2] = 2

Erizen attempts to cast Sparks on the man's clothes. KNOWLEDGE: [10 + 1(M.Knowledge/Industry) + 1(Knowledge) - 1(difficulty)] = OVERSHOT; CASTING: [2 + 1(Dexterity) + 2(Previous Roll) + 2(wand) - 1(difficulty)] = 6
Without even glancing at his spellbook, Erizen instinctively waves his wand and sends a wave of flames at the man's clothing. He may have overdid it a bit, though... AIM: [4 + 1(wisdom) + 1(roll)] = 6 VS REFLEX: [9 - 1(distracted) - 3(difficulty)] = 5
A wave of fire washes through the room, burning the man as he dives out of the way. FORTITUDE: [9] = CRIT SUCCESS
Unfazed, he pats out his clothing and books it for the door.

Hungry for a meal, Blorn eagerly pursues him after letting his slime fall into its normal, blobby self. PURSUIT: [10 + 1(speed)] = OVERSHOT VS FLEEING: [4] = 4
Blorn reaches the man and crashes into him. GRAPPLING: [2 + 2(previous roll) + 1(strength)] = 5 VS ESCAPE: [2 + 1(dexterity)] = 3
Unable to free himself, the man is trapped underneath Blorn's crushing weight as the slime absorbs him. ABSORB: [2 + 1(absorption) - 1(dexterity)] = 2
The man's screams in pain as his skin starts to be melted off, his flesh stripping away to be sucked in by the ever-hungering slime sitting atop him. Blorn savors the process while turning to Erizen and ejecting the knife, propelling it to the ground at Erizen's feet (Man: 10% absorbed).

Capotti away from the colossus murdering everyone, preferably in a direction yet unvisited.

You dance away from the colossus, heading through the door the soldiers were presumably guarding. DANCE: [6 + 1(dance) + 1(dexterity)] = 8
Making your way into the room, you take note of your new surroundings. PERCEPTION: [8] = 8
You are now in a corridor branching off into two directions. Screaming can be heard from the left, so you decide to head right down the whitewashed hallway. Further down you see a few doors built into the walls.

While Rune apologizes to the Thing, he looks around for more spare parts. Is it possible the humans brought any spare parts with them? Anything on them he can re-use? If he finds nothing or his progress is impeded by the humans, he just kicks their teeth in.

You look around for more spare parts. PERCEPTION: [3 - 2(wisdom)] = 1
Seeing nothing, you grow angry and stomp around, hoping to find any unfortunate humans. LUCK: 2
Luckily for them, you are unable to locate any meatsacks to obliterate. You are enraged - how dare they hide from you!

Break out of the trance, and try to find a way out.

The song stops, allowing you to shake free of the spell and search for a way out. Fortunately, there's one right there! You head through the open doorway. PERCEPTION: [10 + 1(wisdom)] = OVERSHOT
You arrive in a whitewashed hallway with two branching paths, and try to figure out which way to go. To the left, you hear screaming. To the right, there's the guy who put you into that trance. And behind you, there's a bunch of dazed/dead guardsmen, bloodthirsty prisoners, and insane robots. This leaves you poised in indecision.

Try to find people. Or other life in general.

You attempt to find other lifeforms. PERCEPTION: [9 - 1(wisdom)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Seeing a few (presumably) humans heading through a door, you scurry over, keeping low and out of Rune's (oblivious) sight. When you arrive, you see a few incapacitated/dead guards, a human sitting on his knees with his hands cuffed behind him, and the doorway through which the two humans just went through.

Go back to the crates I knocked over and check if I am compatible with the SH batteries. If I am, take some time to recharge. Store some knives and grab a stunblade.

Unfortunately, you are not compatible with the SH batteries: they are far too large to fit into your power control system's battery slots. You figure the giant robot might run on them, though; you could also try to find/rig together an adapter with which to plug them directly into your Power Control, but you don't really want to risk damaging your critical systems. You resign yourself to grabbing a few knives and a stunblade. (New Category) Secret Compartment: [+3 Knives, +1 Stunblade]

Thing will attempt to repair the wand once it has stabilized, and duck into cover till then.  Cautiously duck into cover.

You duck into cover and wait a few moments as agony washes over you. The pain subsides into manageable (though still incredibly painful) levels a few seconds later, allowing you to communicate with Rune and attempt to repair the wand. REPAIR: [4 + 1(logic) - 1(difficulty) - 1(lack of materials) - 1(lack of tools)] = 2
Without any tools, spells, knowledge, or materials with which to repair the wand, you're unable to fix it. You keep the two halves in case this changes in the future.

Erizen: +20 XP (M.Knowledge/Elemental), +Sparks [Memorized]
Peradon: +25 XP (speed)
IcyTea31: +10 XP (dancing), +10 XP (wisdom)
wipeout1024: +20 XP (wisdom)
Yourmaster: +30 XP (wisdom)
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2015, 06:20:04 pm »

Furious, Rune began charging around furiously attacking any and all humans.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »

Continue hiding away from Rune, investigate current location but keep an eye out for Rune at all times.
((Also, (/)*PAIN*(/) was Thing's equivalent of a scream.))
Sigtext

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2015, 08:47:59 pm »

Check for unopened crates.If there are none then go back to the area I encountered guards.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2015, 09:16:03 pm »

Run down the hallway to the right, and take out my laser rifle and shoot anybody who tries to attack me.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2015, 11:01:43 pm »

I'm off
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2015, 11:27:18 pm »

Follow Aadhaya Gupta, in a decidedly nonaggressive fashion.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15