Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 151616 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »

...ack. I fucked up. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2016, 12:56:38 am »

Rather easily fixed at least. Another update after that, that took more time? Discovered that eternal things are prone to pulping in only a few hits, and issue I've had with mi-gos before. Squishy chitinous buggers.

On the plus side, now that gargoyles no longer use max-tier body materials, we now have a source of megabeast shells again.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2016, 04:32:26 pm »

How good are the bones in this mod?

Is it actually worth it to build bone stuff in fortress and adv mode?
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2016, 04:57:03 pm »

Depends on what you use. Basic bones haven't been buffed any, but if I recall skulls and shells are buffed some relative to bone. Mid-tier stuff is improved a bit, but it's the megabeast-tier stuff that can stand up to more abuse.

The high-tier stuff should be about tough enough to not be damaged by iron or bronze weapons, and survive mundane wildlife. Megabeasts will still give you a bad time. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2016, 11:28:46 am »

PTW. Also, could you add a reaction that turns a log into charcoal? Then smithing could require fuel.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2016, 12:02:47 pm »

Or a branch.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2016, 12:19:08 pm »

Or a branch.
I don't know how much wood is needed to forge stuff, but I'm guessing it's not a single branch, and you can get logs in adv mode now.(sorry if that sounded mean, I had no intention of doing so.)
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2016, 02:27:29 pm »

PTW. Also, could you add a reaction that turns a log into charcoal? Then smithing could require fuel.

I'm planning to if more workshop options become available for construction in adventure mode. Would like to move the metalworking reactions to its own workshop, ideally a custom one.

However, I'll likely retain the current "hammer scrap metal to shape" method for at least some basic weapons and tools. Or possibly restrict it to metals that can easily be worked cold, like copper (though realistically, you want heat to anneal it for any extensive work).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2016, 03:02:16 pm »

You could also create a workshop item, say give mini-forges a use.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2016, 04:03:47 pm »

Maybe, though mini-forges are of course for smol dwarven children. It would be hilarious though if toy forges were fully functional. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2016, 12:35:35 pm »

Welp, know hat I forgot is usable in adventurer mode? Minecarts. Adding those to the recipe list.

I really wish you could use blocks in construction. Was tempted to add those.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2017, 11:09:04 am »

Maybe, though mini-forges are of course for smol dwarven children. It would be hilarious though if toy forges were fully functional. XP
These are dwarves! Every toy is fully functional. just try the toy hammers.

Minecarts are awesome. Just try using them to fight some bandits, while wielding a crossbow.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2017, 02:20:50 pm »

Ah, the magic of dwarven engineering.

So, I have a poll. Reason is, much like writing material in vanilla, instruments can sometimes be hard to get ahold of, especially when you want a specific one your musical styles require. They also are civilization specific, with no way to at least adapt a comparable instrument to another musical style, even at a penalty. Lastly (not highly important), generated names are not good for easily telling what type of instrument it is, which is a minor annoyance.

My idea is that you can still use the old [INSTRUMENT:X] entity token to give civilizations generic instruments, based off real-world ones. This would allow my to add crafting recipes for them. It'd also allow the possibility of an instrument being available to multiple entities, allowing a musician that learns a foreign style to potentially play them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:27:22 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2017, 02:40:11 pm »

Also, there are a few complications if I supplement generated instruments with raw-defined ones, as opposed to replacing generated instruments entirely:

* I don't yet know if that actually works to give a civ a mix of defined instruments and generated ones in a single category of instrument. Working on some example reactions and instruments to test that, though.

* Will reduce the ability of players to craft what they need for styles they know. However, even if I fully replace generated instruments, I already planned to disallow adventurers crafting large stationary instruments.

* Minor, the raw-defined instruments will possibly stick out like a sore thumb in contrast to generated ones.

For now, got a list of various instruments I was pondering as ideas:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2017, 02:45:29 pm »

On an unrelated note:

If you do make Human Hamlet, would you have the option for people combine it with this mod?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34