Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Done  (Read 47822 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Game underway
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2015, 03:15:12 pm »

Well, if two people want an extension/rollback, then I guess I'll just study for tomorrow's exam instead of trying to get my turn in.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2015, 10:02:04 pm »

Argle-bargle. I'm back, finally, but not in time to catch the incoming stales - I was having far too much fun driving for 9 hours while that was going on to check the forums or even the Llamaserver page.

I shall suck it up, and throw away the 10 minutes of my life I wasted by doing my turn before coming and checking the forums and finding out we need to roll back. Hopefully I'll remember my exceedingly-clever latest-commander-name for Round 73 Take Two. Rollback incoming - EH and IP are the only ones who should do anything - for the rest of us, regardless of what LS says, it has our old turns and will use them. The rest of you lot just sit tight, and delete the about-to-be-obsolete turn 73 in your inbox; as soon as our stalers post their turns, I'll force hosting, and we should be back underway soon-ish. I'm also gonna bump us up to 36h per turn, as we are pretty deep in for only 30h per turn (even if the pace is nice).

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 10, 2015, 10:14:37 pm »

But I did submit my turn -_-

If I submit the one that I played before, will it work or will it reject it?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 10, 2015, 10:18:03 pm »

It'll work. I saw two stales but can't remember who they were, so re-reading upthread I'm guessing Boksi was the other one who needs to submit then?

If you're paranoid, re-submit yours too. Honor system you didn't peek and change it, and all that. The old turn should be what the server has, so re-receiving it will change nothing but better safe, etc.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 11, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »

(Postponing 12h to ensure the rollback was not in vain...)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 12, 2015, 02:40:13 am »

Don't worry, I've just got up earlier in the morning, just to get it done before the deadline.
I gotta say, my rl obligations do not jibe well with suddenly having stuff to do after 70-odd turns of relative calm.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 12, 2015, 05:47:38 am »

Done! Do your duty Mr. Admin (whenever you're ready, no need to rush actually).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 12, 2015, 12:02:54 pm »

Huh. Turns out sending soullless through stygian paths is not such a good idea - 90% never made it to the destination.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 12, 2015, 04:45:48 pm »

Huh. Turns out sending soullless through stygian paths is not such a good idea - 90% never made it to the destination.

Guess the Land of the Dead wanted its Dead back...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 13, 2015, 02:29:46 am »

Shame on Palazzo for taking them away from their dead families in the first place!  >:(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 13, 2015, 02:50:18 am »

Shame on Palazzo for taking them away from their dead families in the first place!  >:(
Ah, but he returned 90% of them to their dead homes.  His real sin was not paying them...

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 13, 2015, 11:20:21 am »

No, no, no. Those dead parents got some much-needed time away from their dead children and infants. Il Palazzo was running a charity, if you ask me.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 13, 2015, 08:40:21 pm »

Is there any chance I could sub out?  That air attack on Rhizdos was kind of my last hurrah, and it didn't work.

Abeig has plenty of gems and research and mages and land and such.  But I don't have the lategame knowledge or will to try to organize it all into something useful at this point.  Also Rhizdos is kind of overwhelmingly powerful but y'all already know that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2015, 10:07:08 pm »

Although I'm currently not doing horribly at maintaining my current holdings,  I'd be willing to call this a lost cause - I don't think that the South, as divided and war-weary as it is, can hope to stand against the North.

If I'm wrong, and no one else agrees with me, then I'm more than willing to fight to the end, but from my point of view I don't know that this is a winnable situation.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 13, 2015, 10:28:26 pm »

I honestly don't think you guys can win, even if you tried forging a proper alliance, Lord of the Rings style. Judging by the graphs, I've more resources than all of you combined, and am way ahead in research (just maxing out last school now).

I'll be cool with calling the game finished, if that's the general consensus. Getting it off my list of things to do would be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43