Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51

Author Topic: Dead Man Running Season II - Five Card Drawn and Quartered  (Read 63425 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Running Season II - What should we put in Navarro's arm?
« Reply #585 on: December 15, 2015, 09:41:26 pm »

Jim: the umbrella arm is clearly a wondrous improvement over nature, so no modifications are needed there.  The control issues should be addressed, however.  Perhaps with an electrical control system powered by the tesla coil.

This
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 15, 2015, 11:12:32 pm »

((Sorry, where am I on the waitlist, or have I already missed my chance?))
Ain't nobody got time for that.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 20, 2015, 06:58:36 pm »

((Sorry, where am I on the waitlist, or have I already missed my chance?))
You are...  aaah shit, I must have forgotten to put you one there, I think. Yep. Oh well, I'll put you at the top then. Sorry.

Spoiler: Waitlist! (click to show/hide)
There we are. Sorry.

Jim: the umbrella arm is clearly a wondrous improvement over nature, so no modifications are needed there.  The control issues should be addressed, however.  Perhaps with an electrical control system powered by the tesla coil.

This
A few lingering drunken doctors make a final adjustment before Navarro is wheeled offstage and practically bathed in painkillers.

Surgery roll: [4] The tesla coil is strapped to the umbrella, as well as a small motor, and connected to the syringe gun, which is now fixed firmly in place. Unfortunately, Navarro now gives off arcs of electricity, sometimes shocking himself, sometimes those nearby, whenever he tries to move the arm. Well, no operation is ever a complete success, otherwise it'd be a boring job.

The host watches him leave screaming, then grins at the audience.

"Well, wasn't that great, folks? I'm sure Navarro is now much better "armed" for battle, ha-ha! Up next is Desmond's second punishment game. I do hope he's luckier this time, otherwise, he might as well "leg it" now! Aaaaaaand now for the actual game itself! We'll be having a duel this time, but the rules are a little more complex than that."

"First up, we select a random animal. We then make a copy of Desmond's body, and surgically remove his brain, not that I'm sure that will make too much of a difference, placing it in the animal's cranial cavity and wiring everything up. We'll place the animal's brain in his meatsack, and let them brawl it out for a bit! Any damage done the the animal's body will be done to his as well, though, so he'd better be a careful user! Place your bets now, ladies and gentlemen!"

Spoiler: Betting Leaflet (click to show/hide)

One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #588 on: December 20, 2015, 07:13:29 pm »

Wait, if damage to their bodies are linked, does that mean that he has no chance to survive? Or is there some timer? Or is he stuck with the animal body if he kills his own? Or will it be left up to the audience?

It would be funny if he got a stupid animal in a dangerous room and his challenge was to actually protect it and keep it alive.))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #589 on: December 20, 2015, 07:17:50 pm »

((Can players bet?))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Nunzillor

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2015, 11:14:07 pm »

Scream.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2015, 04:08:39 am »

No, and I've just realised that there's no type of bet that can be placed now this would effect. Oh well.

Any damage to the body he's in will be done to the body he used to be in. He'll be transferred back into that body at the end, unless the operation was deemed too risky.

I'll just go ahead with a turn in a bit, then.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2015, 04:07:51 pm »

1 DD on the animal winning.

Spend 5 DD to make it larger than a dog. I have 3 DD left.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 23, 2015, 05:37:25 am »

1 DD on the animal winning.

Spend 5 DD to make it larger than a dog. I have 3 DD left.

Now that's an idea. Bets on the animal winning/Desmond winning are accepted.

And don't worry, it'll be larger than a dog.

Sorry for not posting much, holidays, can't do a great deal right now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 28, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »

Ok, I'm back. Holidays, long walks, bad internet, etc meant I couldn't GM much, but I'm back to normal-ish now, so should be able to actually post for a while, fingers crossed.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, could we have a volunteer to help us pick an animal? Yes, you, young man... come now, don't be shy! Just reach into the bowl of folded up papers... that's it, good and deep... perfect!"

"And this charismatic young man has selected, as Desmond's mental adversary, the noble..."

A drumroll plays... and the host's face twists into a somewhat more sadistic grin...

"Portugese Man-of-war!"

Desmond is hastily tied down, and his brain is extracted carefully, drunken doctors replaced by robot surgeons whose only nod to festivities is a sneakily placed christmas hat. A huge cylindrical tub of water, easily twenty feet in diameter and ten feet deep is wheeled in, and the dripping organ is placed in the centre of a restrained jellyfish, with a body more than a foot long, and a dozen yards of tentacles. Tiny wires and filaments are hastily inserted, then the brain encased in a sea creature is left to its own devices.

A copy of Desmond's body is revealed, nude and vacant-eyed, prompting catcalls from the audience, hung from the celing above the arena. No brain is inserted, for obvious reasons.

"Well... this is a bit of a fishy situation, isn't it? Making Desmond fight a man without any brain at all, hardly a punishment, is it? We're talking about a vegetable here, not a republican, by the way. But that's enough stinging remarks, what on earth will we do? Perhaps we should give the audience control of it... let them help it out? Or maybe another contestant needs to be thrown into the mix, they can fight the Desmond-o-war themselves?"

"Whaddya say, people? Any other ideas?"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 29, 2015, 01:13:30 pm »

Swim around a bit. Get a feel for my new body.

Spoiler: Desmond (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 29, 2015, 01:23:24 pm »

Due to the large difference in size, I propose the desmond body be given a powered exosuit. Just to make it fair, you understand.

Nunzillor

« Reply #599 on: December 29, 2015, 03:04:17 pm »

Yes, that does sound reasonable.  Perhaps, however, the man-of-war should receive a compatible exosuit as well.  Not to make the fight fair, of course, but rather to make it exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51