Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51

Author Topic: Dead Man Running Season II - Five Card Drawn and Quartered  (Read 63257 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Running Season II
« Reply #645 on: January 11, 2016, 06:43:01 am »

"I'm pretty sure I didn't intend to do that... hold on- let's try something..."

Phone them and tell them I got my stall's address wrong. Give my "correct" stall address as someone else's stall.
The Poland-4 ambassador is going to get quite the surprise later on.

Kill him first, dammit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kill him dammit.
The jellyfish sweeps forward, darting past the lumbering mechsuit and whipping at the back, tiny metal fibres scoring slits all over the electronics, which fizzle as the rider is impaled on a jointed metal spike, running through his chest and into the power cell.

The resulting explosion destroys most of the cage, and several of the jellyfish's tentacles, showering the audience with chunks of flesh.

"God fucking dammnit, why they have to stuff every effing episode with stupid product placement for consoles than don't even work..."

The host tosses away the controller he was using to guide the mechsuit.

"Well, looks like Desmond dodged a wee bit too slowly there, but I'm sure we'll only deduct... say, a couple of fingers as a penalty. Now, could I have two volunteers for the head-to-head challenge, please?"

Desmond, sans a few digits, is given his original body back.
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 11, 2016, 10:58:47 am »

"... I HATE."

Definitely-not-demigod gathers up all of the flesh chunks that hit him and are in his stall. The next time that "Desmond" guy enters the arena or whatnot, he's going to be pelted with chunks of flesh.

Moreover, Definitely-not-demigod will bet 2 Deadman Dollars that whoever "Desmond" is fighting will win.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:14 am »

((I'm a little bit disturbed that I'm more attached to this character and less willing to put her in danger than my ER character.  But...))
Volunteer for the challenge for death or glory eh wot.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:20:11 pm by Egan_BW »

Nunzillor

« Reply #648 on: January 11, 2016, 05:30:05 pm »

((Same here, actually, even though all he does is mumble crazy things.  Oh well, I need the points.))
Volunteer to fight the foul lizardman.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:36:29 pm by Nunzillor »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #649 on: January 11, 2016, 07:04:44 pm »

Definitely, absolutely anti-volunteering myself. You won't see me in the head to head.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 11, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »

I would like to suggest that Desmond be put in the head-to-head as an obstacle.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 11, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »

-1 to Desmond Running. I'm not going in there.

Nunzillor

« Reply #652 on: January 11, 2016, 08:20:52 pm »

-1 to Desmond Running. I'm not going in there.

+1 to the -1.  You do owe me a point, though...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 29, 2016, 06:11:05 pm »

Ahem. After my somewhat optimistic announcement that regular posting would resume, I seem to have fully let this drop in favour of exams. With regard to this, now the exams are over, I have decided that the best course of action would be to get off my arse, keep doing it and pretend the whole damn fortnight never happened.

"... I HATE."

Definitely-not-demigod gathers up all of the flesh chunks that hit him and are in his stall. The next time that "Desmond" guy enters the arena or whatnot, he's going to be pelted with chunks of flesh.

Moreover, Definitely-not-demigod will bet 2 Deadman Dollars that whoever "Desmond" is fighting will win.
You can have the chunks of flesh, but you're going to have to be more specific than that about the betting.

((I'm a little bit disturbed that I'm more attached to this character and less willing to put her in danger than my ER character.  But...))
Volunteer for the challenge for death or glory eh wot.

((Same here, actually, even though all he does is mumble crazy things.  Oh well, I need the points.))
Volunteer to fight the foul lizardman.

"And we have our lovely contestants! Let's give them a big hand, folks!"

Janeway and Zack are led onto the arena floor, next to the host.

"And, for the head-to-head challenge, may I present DMR's new high-fatality card game, Five Card Drawn and Quartered Poker! It's a card game, folks, and as ever on Dead Man Running, the contestants are betting with their lives! To be more specific, instead of something unoriginal like points or limbs, we're giving them some very special chips to bet with. Every chip they win, their opponent loses a layer of protective armour. They start out with ten layers to lose, and it ends when someone dies or is incapacitated so much that they can't go on! But how do they die, you ask?"

The host draws out a shimmering metal pack of playing cards, the camera panning in to them after showing the baying audience.

"This, my friends, is a very special deck of cards. While right now it has only normal cards, each round, it changes to contain a few cards from unknown hidden suits: a player might end up holding the eight of chimneys, for example, the ace of scales, or the three of knives. There's never the same set of hidden suits twice, and there are thousands of possibilities. And what makes these "hidden suits" so special, eh? Well, they correspond to a normal suit, but that's not important. What is is that every hand a player wins with a hidden suit card, they get to keep that card. And whenever they want, they can use this card on their opponent... dangerous, uncomfortable or deadly, it depends on the suit or the number, but that's where the layers of protection come in. The more you have, the better it'll be for you. And you'd better hang onto them!"

With this Zack and Janeway are lead into opaque grey cubes, six feet high, with a foot of solid plastic surrounding a hollow centre. The cubes seal themselves after they enter, and while skivvies hastily leave the arena, a metal wall springs up dividing the containers.

"What else? Well, there are hidden hands as well - special hands, nasty hands, involving hidden suit cards. Those are very powerful. But you needen't know more about those for now.

"Starting ante is one layer of protection. Maximum bet... no, we don't do that here. It's five card draw poker: after you get your cards, you bet, then you can discard up to three and get three new ones from the deck, and you bet again. Then the showdown. Our contestants do know how to play poker, surely? Gambling men and women are the only type on DMR, I hope! Any bets or questions?"

((Do you get it, guys? This helped me learn the rules a lot. I can go more in depth if you haven't played poker, I just don't want to type out the whole betting system. Ask if there's any uncertainty, it's probably not too clear as typed late at night.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:38:04 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #654 on: January 29, 2016, 06:16:22 pm »

((I don't have any questions right now, I feel that I understand.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 29, 2016, 06:24:14 pm »

"..."
Janeway scowls.
"What the hell is Poker?!"

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:54:26 pm by Egan_BW »

Nunzillor

« Reply #656 on: January 29, 2016, 06:32:04 pm »

"Poker is an anarchist and archaic type of performance art that uses the hidden ukuleles implanted in human spines to strum chords of chaos.  So ha!  A lizard cannot perform poker and win!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 29, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »

"Eh, at least I'll be able to cheat by looking though your eyes..."

Nunzillor

« Reply #658 on: January 29, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »

Zack grinned fiercely, his eyes still completely shut.  "Only in your thought cycles, reptile!  I have ruined your nefarious plans."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 29, 2016, 07:02:42 pm »

"Oh right. You still have them shut? You're strong, but even your will will run out eventually."
"It's too bad you won't be able to see your cards..."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51