Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (Waitlist Open)  (Read 4802 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (2/?)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »

Would I be able to have Dragunity(maybe replace the Tuners with non-Tuners?)? It has four Tuners but no Synchros to start. Or Lost Sanctuary, which only has 1 Tuner in it.

I did not say Tuners were excluded...Admittedly, I had believed that this was due to them being in decks with Synchros as well, but in the case there are no Synchros but there are tuners, I'll allow you to start with a deck that has them.  Really, without Synchro monsters, Tuners are just glorified effect monsters.  Do note that the odds of getting a Synchro do go down by a reasonable amount, though (at least, until the other players have their own tuners).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 07:50:48 pm »

So how many people do we need before we can begin?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 08:35:05 pm »

Name: Celles Gartens
Appearance: Fairly typical for a scavenger after the apocalypse...except for the silver hair and blue streaks. Tanned, toned, and lean, with a dragon-shaped medallion that reminds one of a Blue-Eyes.
Personality: Celles is gruff, but kind, with a mind towards business; you can't have a mind towards much else, not anymore.
Background: That would be telling! (aka PM) She's fairly well liked, though, and she's got a large dog with her called Hal. Like you might expect, he's trained to hunt and guard.

Inventory
Basic Scavenger Gear

Pendant Batteries (Total of percentages should be 175%)
Current - 18
1- 38
2- 53
3- 67

Deck
Dragons Unite!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 04:41:08 pm »

So how many people do we need before we can begin?

I could start now, as extrapolation off of some world details I know and the backstories of Kansa and Rolep have given me a rough plot structure, but I would greatly prefer to at least have one or two more people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are 1% over the total I specified.  Other than that, this is good.  May want to give me a bit more detail on the background details of your character, as the PM you sent me does have things a little to vague right now.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »

Eh. I figure it won't come up much anyway, but I can try, at some point. Also, make it 37%, then, rather than 38%.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 09:23:02 pm »

Oh, oh, you mind if I join with the Gates of The Underworld structure deck?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 09:46:08 pm »

Oh, oh, you mind if I join with the Gates of The Underworld structure deck?

If it fits the criteria I detailed in the OP.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 09:57:54 pm »

I am thinking of joining... but I am not sure if I want to go all the way and pick a deck that I just like right out of the gate (The big Fairy Deck)

Or if I should pick Joey 2 which is just brimming with cards I like in general and build one as we go along... Even if many of the cards in this deck are either garbagio or better in combination with others.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:57 pm »

No character decks, so go with Fairy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 12:20:49 am »

Name: Chase Thornton
Appearance: A blue-eyed man with olive skin and shaggy brown hair. He has a neatly trimmed brown beard. His build is athletic, but his ribs stand out a little, showing that he doesn't eat as well as he should. He tends to wear a gray tee under a sleeveless black leather vest along with jeans and sneakers. He has a ring on his right middle finger with the image of a horned skull carved from some unidentified red stone.
Personality: Chase looks out for himself first and foremost, although he does try to be kind to others as long as it doesn't hamper his own goals. He isn't above lying and attempting to manipulate or use others to further his own goals.
Background: Chase grew up underground in a sense, as the first twelve years of his life tend to only be blurry or distant memories obscured by the necessary maturing and growth of the next six years. His parents raised him to be self-sufficient and to look out for himself, often bringing him along when they went scavenging through the tunnels. As he got older, he would sometimes wander off on his own. He learned how to fight from firsthand experience against other scavengers, and isn't above using cheap or dirty tricks to ensure his victory.

Inventory
Basic Scavenger Gear (Think similar to the Metro series.)

Pendant Batteries (Total of percentages should be 175%)
Current - 55
1- 40
2- 40
3- 40

Deck
Welcome to the Dark World
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:11:20 am by Beirus »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 01:06:31 am »

Hmm...
Currently trying to decide between Dragon's Roar and Rise of the Dragon Lords.
On the one hand, Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon, which is one of my favourite cards.
On the other, Felgrand Dragon, another one of my favourite cards.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 01:28:00 am »

Background: Chase grew up underground, not knowing anything about the aboveground world other than what his parents told him. They raised him to be self-sufficient and to look out for himself, often bringing him along when they went scavenging through the tunnels. As he got older, he would sometimes wander off on his own. He learned how to fight from firsthand experience against other scavengers, and isn't above using cheap or dirty tricks to ensure his victory.

Curious, when you wrote this did you consider that your character was 12 at the time that people were forced underground?  This is only 6 years after that event, after all.

Hmm...
Currently trying to decide between Dragon's Roar and Rise of the Dragon Lords.
On the one hand, Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon, which is one of my favourite cards.
On the other, Felgrand Dragon, another one of my favourite cards.

I would say to select whichever one has the better support for the deck you are planning on building.  Recreating them in dueling network or DevPro may help in deciding, as it would be easier to compare them.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 01:42:29 am »

Been a while since I did Yu-Gi-Oh!, but oh well I still want to try

Name: Daniel
Appearance: A blue eyed, black haired, pale skinned boy, extremely thin to boot. Prefers wearing long ragged jeans with a bit too large black hoodie over a surprisingly clean shirt. Only other thing of note is a small broken watch on his left hand (he's right handed).
Background: Daniel is a quiet boy who tends to keep to himself, having grown up in a town near one of the reactors his home was completely wiped out while he only survived because he had been out on a small scavenging trip at the time, and returning to find his entire family wiped out has left a noticeable impact on him both physically and mentally. He has since been wandering around the settlements as a bit of a drifter, rarely staying in one place for very long, and only ever talking to people to purchase items and to duel them.

Inventory: Basic Scavenger Gear (Think similar to the Metro series.)

Pendant batteries:
Current- 60
1- 50
2- 30
3- 35

Deck The Dark Emperor
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:36:52 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 02:08:27 am »

Background: Chase grew up underground, not knowing anything about the aboveground world other than what his parents told him. They raised him to be self-sufficient and to look out for himself, often bringing him along when they went scavenging through the tunnels. As he got older, he would sometimes wander off on his own. He learned how to fight from firsthand experience against other scavengers, and isn't above using cheap or dirty tricks to ensure his victory.

Curious, when you wrote this did you consider that your character was 12 at the time that people were forced underground?  This is only 6 years after that event, after all.

I totally meant that in the metaphorical sense of having to mature quickly and definitely not because I somehow missed that part of the setting info. Anyway, I'mma go modify that.

Edit: And it's done. How's it look?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:11:50 am by Beirus »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: 2068 (?/?)
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 10:56:48 pm »

Been a while since I did Yu-Gi-Oh!, but oh well I still want to try

Name: Daniel
Appearance: A blue eyed, black haired, pale skinned boy, extremely thin to boot. Prefers wearing long ragged jeans with a bit too large black hoodie over a surprisingly clean shirt. Only other thing of note is a small broken watch on his left hand (he's right handed).
Background: Daniel is a quite boy who tends to keep to himself, having grown up in a town near one of the reactors his home was completely wiped out while he only survived because he had been out on a small scavenging trip at the time, and returning to find his entire family wiped out has left a noticeable impact on him both physically and mentally. He has since been wandering around the settlements as a bit of a drifter, rarely staying in one place for very long, and only ever talking to people to purchase items and to duel them.

Inventory: Basic Scavenger Gear (Think similar to the Metro series.)

Pendant batteries:
Current- 60
1- 50
2- 30
3- 35

Deck The Dark Emperor

Everything seems to be there.

Edit: And it's done. How's it look?

Looks good.

Alright then, with Blaze's sheet incoming, I'm going to have sign-ups be closed to any further.  Waitlist will be open for the further applications, as there is always the chance that people will die.  Especially against the duel bots or people with a mindset of wanting to kill you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3