Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

your worst fear, is a plague of

bugs
- 1 (12.5%)
robots
- 1 (12.5%)
monsters(xenomorph, zerglings, cthulu spawn)
- 0 (0%)
energy beings(ghosts, titan ae Drej, quasi physical beings)
- 0 (0%)
disapearances
- 1 (12.5%)
clones
- 0 (0%)
tourists
- 3 (37.5%)
humanoid monsters(vampires, werewolves, mummies, ect.)
- 1 (12.5%)
contagious disease
- 1 (12.5%)
conquering civilization
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Astranomicon  (Read 15411 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Astranomicon
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2015, 05:12:14 pm »

Would anyone like to link with the Dreamscape?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2015, 06:06:11 pm »

I would, if that's alright. May our realities prosper together.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2015, 06:17:10 pm »

I would, if that's alright. May our realities prosper together.

Of course! The Wastes and the Dreamscape seem like a good match.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2015, 06:25:49 pm »

@GBB: What does "visitor" refer to in the Endeavors? Is it a player, or is it an NPC from a connection, or what?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2015, 07:12:54 pm »

Request connections to 4 and 1. I think I requested this earlier, but got no answer.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Nunzillor

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2015, 07:17:25 pm »

Request connections to 4 and 1. I think I requested this earlier, but got no answer.
Request granted.  How about a trade?  For a small settlement party sent to colonize the Isles, you will be offered a small set of unique, artifact weapons.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:29:10 pm by Nunzillor »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2015, 07:32:31 pm »

Deal! The Wildlife Refuge can set up an outpost on an island and offer quests and generally do whatever you like of them, if you so desire. Their main goal is to preserve the balance of wildlife and use adventurers to keep populations under control.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2015, 07:34:10 pm »

@GBB: What does "visitor" refer to in the Endeavors? Is it a player, or is it an NPC from a connection, or what?

Now that's an interesting idea. Please, tell me what you imagine a visitor like that might be like? :)

But you did get an answer from me, which I will now reiterate to arose potential connections to my bubble(thank you for the opportunity):

I have to so no, unless your reality explicitly has rules preventing large battles and warfare. This does not apply to whom you yourself choose to connect to...

I chose to do this to encourage, atleast some, to do something a little different. :3

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2015, 07:38:38 pm »

Ah I see now that you made a general post about it. What are the size dimensions for the icon and badges again?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »

Ah I see now that you made a general post about it. What are the size dimensions for the icon and badges again?
100x350 for the landscape, 40x40 for the badges.

Now that's an interesting idea. Please, tell me what you imagine a visitor like that might be like? :)
I'm not really sure. Perhaps it could be done somewhat akin to the PC, but more passively, so to speak? Rather than "I do x and y and react like z" it'd be more akin to [from the colonizing side] "a group of colonists heads through the connection, aiming to set up a small camp," and the receiving god giving basic status updates.  In a sense, allowing the realms to blend together slightly near the connection points. Gods, of course, could modify the area around the points to either encourage or discourage this inter-blending through environmental effects, such as putting one in a fertile valley surrounded by sheer, smooth cliffs passable by a single narrow pass, thus allowing a small amount of inter-blending, but without allowing much to transfer in either direction.

Referring to the connection points being literal connection points- literal portals between the realms, and thus giving them an additional purpose - hubs where two realms' materials are offered -, alongside a challenge - the portal could be guarded or simply in a dangerous position if the god wants to make it difficult, or perhaps safe if the god wants to promote the intermingling.

If a god wants to make it a free action, so to speak, to teleport to another realm, they could simply allow players to exit to the other side's connection point from anywhere, but have the spawn be the default arrival destination, I guess.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2015, 08:26:48 pm »

Add a section near your connection listing/near connection requirements that reserve the right to send NPCs into a neighbor's reality, but they may then affect them once there. Also note that you-still-control-them if that is a priority. Ok?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2015, 08:36:52 pm »

Tidied up OP a LOT. Maybe this will make it easier for people to find some of their answers :)

I combined the "create a badge" and "draw a badge" into one ticket. They take up the "create a badge slot".

Thanks for your understanding/enthusiasm for this!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2015, 08:39:04 pm »

Alright! :)
My post should have most of the stuff for NPC intermingling now.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »

Send NPCs:
        Yes, announced.
Receive NPCs:
        Yes, if announced.
Ok, good luck with that.

About the badges, the last two must be re-earned between raffles. Please add (Since #1) above them to be counted.

About the NPCs.

I think its a... and I say this cautiously... a good idea. All I am saying is make sure the game stays about players adventuring and not gods playing with npcs, for its focus. Just don't flood the thread with commands for them.

You'll need to make them as unobtrusive as possible. Do that and you have my blessing.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:22 pm »

-Snip-

For the sake of clarity, why don't you call it "colonization?" That seems a bit more self-explanatory than "send NPCs."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10