Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary legendaries  (Read 1263 times)

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary legendaries
« on: March 26, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

My fortress has had the standard number of fey moods, but two stood out.

First up was my armorsmith who got into a mood and made a copper shoe valued at 9600 monies. That's not an amazing item, sure, but now he's a legendary.

I was ecstatic, of course. My fortress continued to grow and grow, now at 180 pop (10-20 FPS, too. I'm amazed myself) when another fey mood struck.

A WEAPONSMITH.

And now he's legendary. Adamantine here I come.

[ March 26, 2008: Message edited by: Flok Speargrabber ]

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary legendaries
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

And he made. . .?

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »

Heh. There's a picture of armor on it. "In case of this spear, wear this armor."
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »

I like the name of the spear too: "Fillbrigands". The name itself is a given instruction as to what to do with this artifact  :).

I like how one of my artifacts was a leather lowboot, and the following one was a led high boot, i also have bone buckler somewhere, and recently someone mage a gcs silk hat so basically, my dwarves are designing an artifact clothing suit that, although made of poorly defensible materials, will be very useful simply because of the fact they are artifacts  :D.

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 06:26:00 pm »

I got an Artifact adamantine spear in one of my older (very first 3d) forts.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 11:20:00 pm »

is it only Glassmaker moods that require the standard one?  I don't need my Non-magma Metal Forge anymore?

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kaelem Gaen:
<STRONG>is it only Glassmaker moods that require the standard one?  I don't need my Non-magma Metal Forge anymore?</STRONG>

I've seen bug reports saying you need a non-magma metal forge, and I've had armorers happily use a magma forge.  So who knows.

It's not like you need the forge at all times; just build it if you hit the bug, and tear it down afterwards.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 02:06:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ColonelTEE3:
<STRONG>artifact clothing suit</STRONG>

If anyone ever actually wears one of your artifacts, you'll have to let us know if they decay after 3-4 years.  I know all non-artifact clothing decays over time (warning:  do not waste adamantine on clothes).  If artifacts never decay, then even the least inspiring, blandest of artifact socks has some value since it'll never need a replacement.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 06:26:00 am »

Legendary stonecrafter who made an obsidian sword. Complete with image of a sword in copper, a dwarf striking down a goblin in mule leather, and a dwarf raising a goblin skull totem(possesed so i didn't get the legendary bonecarver i wanted  :( ) in obsidian. It's also encircled with bands of chert but that isn't even as remotely interesting as the images.

It's funny because the engravings can be explained as a manuel:
Step one: Find Sword
Step two: Use Sword on Goblin
Step three: Make Something Nice out of Goblin

Misc fact: the skull totem mentioned above isn't a regular skull totem but a modded item that can be crafted from regular bone as a workarround for them not showing up on the trade menu. It was adorned with hangings rings of copper and there's an image of a cabinet in pig tail cloth.

The name of these objects:
Sword: Baldsensed
Totem: Chancedlobster

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE