Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yacht Party!  (Read 1654 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Yacht Party!
« on: August 24, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »

Yacht Party!
You and your friends have gotten together for a high school reunion! You will be sailing from Puerto Rico all the way to the Bahamas. On the way you'll try to have the most fun and do the wildest things before you get to the official event. Play pranks, rekindle old friendships, and remember the good times. Just don't let the captain catch you doing anything illegal!

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Player List (3/8)
Spoiler: mainiac (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Guy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)

Due to homework, updates may come in a sporadic fashion.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:22:13 pm by Pavellius »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yacht Party!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »

Bump.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:38:32 pm »

Occupation: IT procurement manager specializing in statistical analysis and data reconfiguration
Description: A bit like the "before" part of the tween romance movie before the heroine gets the magical makeover that turns her into a beauty queen.  Tends to dress in earth tones and keep her hair in a pony-tail.
Backstory: A bit of a wallflower, she always used to make self depreciating jokes for the attention.  Dreamed of being a writer in college but instead ended up in a job she hates.
Friends: Josey, her roommate.  More attractive and confident
Inventory: Sick nasty smartphone, yo! $69 in cash
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:49:28 pm »

Name: Craig Passo (Name is optional if not needed)
Description: Scraggly chestnut hair with prominent stubble, wears a hoodie labelled with his trademark "Passo" (or NG if it is preferred by GM) DJ logo. Otherwise dresses in casual urban attire, wearing a pair of Sperry's boat shoes.
Backstory: A confident flirt, but almost always failing in said activity regardless, he earns profit by playing in club gigs as a DJ. Secretly just wants to be loved, but his manners tend to turn off people.
Friends: Oscar, best buds and casual sports player back in the day.
Inventory: Novation Launchpad, Numark DJ 2 Go Portable Turntable, Lenovo IdeaPad Y510 with FL Studio 12, Wallet with 200$ trip budget.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 11:52:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:55:07 am »

PTW
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 05:17:07 pm »

The "Friends" category was originally intended for listing other player-characters, but I guess NPC's can be listed as well.
Will update character sheet into OP now, but you may still revise them.

EDIT: Also, character names are not required. I will be refering to you by your Bay12 name.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:19:37 pm by Pavellius »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 08:11:19 pm »

Will be starting once a fourth person joins.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 04:25:56 pm »

Plot Twist 1: The Island
    After an hour of jubilant partying, the boat hits bad weather. Great, black clouds blanket the sky, and strike the fear of God into the hearts of the crew. The storm is ruthless and unrelenting, and when land is sighted, hasty preparations are made to beach the yacht. Too hasty, perhaps.

When you wake up, you find yourselves on a moist beach. Ahead of you, the sand turns to rocks, the largest of which lean against the cliff face not 20 meters ahead. Behind you is the ocean, where pieces of the ship are beat against a teeth-like arrangement of rocks 40 meters out. By the beach the surf is calm, but beyond the rocks the water surges in powerful waves.

The cliff face follows the beach as far as the eye can see (which is not to far, due to the morning fog). It is easy enough to climb, as long as you are not over-encumbered. The beach is littered with bodies and splintered wood. Only the player characters, Oscar, and Josie seem to be alive. Josie dominant arm is bloody, and bone is sticking of of her elbow. All the other characters have minor, but not inhibiting injuries.

The game has changed. This is now a matter of life and death. You must work together to survive.

The player list is still open. Joining characters will "wake up" as one of the bodies.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:46:39 pm by Pavellius »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 08:28:03 pm »

"Josie!  Holy crap Josie!  How you doing?"
Chana anxiously hovers over Josie who looks a bit confused.  Well admittedly Josie usually looks confused but Josie looks maybe a little more confused then usual.  But then her eyes focus on Chana.
"Hey, how you doin'?"
Chana decides not to punch her friend but instead just rolls her eyes in relief.
"I dont know, Josie.  I'm getting 'nam flashbacks and everything now.  I think... I think we better get you off the beach, bud.  Can you kinda... put your arm on your stomach and I'll drag you?"
Not really sure what she's doing, Chana grabs Josie's shoulders and starts dragging her towards the rocks.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 10:38:25 pm »

Surrounded by a bunch of broken gadgets, and only a torn Hoodie in his possession that he can actually use, Passo was in disbelief. "No... this can't be real..."

What followed was a shout in frustration, something that could attract the attention of anyone awake nearby. "I can't keep screaming. I must go find Oscar and discuss plans. He must have brought something we could both use. God..."

Passo begins shouting Oscar's name for the next 10 minutes. He was hoping Oscar would still be alive. And he was right; Oscar already recovered from the crash, and is leaning next to a palm tree, acting as jovial as ever. It's also obvious the guy had bruises and an aching body.

"Oscar! Boy am I glad to see you!"

"I could say the same really, El Passo."

Both awkwardly laugh.

"So... Oscar, what do we do now? We're... I'd hate to say it, but... stranded in the middle of nowhere."

"Good God Passo, are you still saying obvious shit like that? I can see with my own two eyes, you idiot."

"Ahahaha... sorry." Passo awkwardly replies.

"First, we'd need to get some firewood, or maybe prepare a bushfire. I fortunately brought a knife - this should be useful in starting a massive fire. Second, once we find some boat or something across the horizon, we'll need to burn the forest just enough on time. If we don't see a boat, we need to pile up on some broken logs and stones and call for SOS. Lastly, we must survive. Find whoever is around; they can help us. We need to stick together. But god my back hurts."

"I-I'll do it myself, Oscar. Don't stress yourself out right now."

"Thanks for the concern, I'll take just that. But seriously Passo, you should have figured out the plan on your own. It's gods-fucking obvious."

"Uhh... yeah."
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 08:50:54 am »

"Josie!  Holy crap Josie!  How you doing?"
Chana anxiously hovers over Josie who looks a bit confused.  Well admittedly Josie usually looks confused but Josie looks maybe a little more confused then usual.  But then her eyes focus on Chana.
"Hey, how you doin'?"
Chana decides not to punch her friend but instead just rolls her eyes in relief.
"I dont know, Josie.  I'm getting 'nam flashbacks and everything now.  I think... I think we better get you off the beach, bud.  Can you kinda... put your arm on your stomach and I'll drag you?"
Not really sure what she's doing, Chana grabs Josie's shoulders and starts dragging her towards the rocks.
Josie is now resting against one of the larger rocks.
You sit down next to her, and notice how fast the tide is rising.

Surrounded by a bunch of broken gadgets, and only a torn Hoodie in his possession that he can actually use, Passo was in disbelief. "No... this can't be real..."

What followed was a shout in frustration, something that could attract the attention of anyone awake nearby. "I can't keep screaming. I must go find Oscar and discuss plans. He must have brought something we could both use. God..."

Passo begins shouting Oscar's name for the next 10 minutes. He was hoping Oscar would still be alive. And he was right; Oscar already recovered from the crash, and is leaning next to a palm tree, acting as jovial as ever. It's also obvious the guy had bruises and an aching body.

"Oscar! Boy am I glad to see you!"

"I could say the same really, El Passo."

Both awkwardly laugh.

"So... Oscar, what do we do now? We're... I'd hate to say it, but... stranded in the middle of nowhere."

"Good God Passo, are you still saying obvious shit like that? I can see with my own two eyes, you idiot."

"Ahahaha... sorry." Passo awkwardly replies.

"First, we'd need to get some firewood, or maybe prepare a bushfire. I fortunately brought a knife - this should be useful in starting a massive fire. Second, once we find some boat or something across the horizon, we'll need to burn the forest just enough on time. If we don't see a boat, we need to pile up on some broken logs and stones and call for SOS. Lastly, we must survive. Find whoever is around; they can help us. We need to stick together. But god my back hurts."

"I-I'll do it myself, Oscar. Don't stress yourself out right now."

"Thanks for the concern, I'll take just that. But seriously Passo, you should have figured out the plan on your own. It's gods-fucking obvious."

"Uhh... yeah."
You and Playergamer first check the usability of the driftwood. Sadly, it is too wet to be used.
You venture into the fog to look for dried underbrush, and come across a body of a large bird being picked over by scavenger animals. The two of them look like large black crabs with oversized pinchers, and they flee into the ocean at your approach.

All players are aware of other players actions, as long as they are within sight.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 11:38:55 am »

"Guys, I think we need to find a way past this cliff.  I'll head that way and you head the other, looking for a way up."
Josie heads off to the south.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 11:41:15 am »

Look for Ray.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 05:24:18 pm »

"Guys, I think we need to find a way past this cliff.  I'll head that way and you head the other, looking for a way up."
Josie heads off to the south.
The cliff can be climbed at any point, as long as you are not over-encumbered. You find no place where it is significantly easier to climb up the cliff.
You come across the body of the bird again, with the same two pterodactyls picking at it. This time, they do not run away.

Look for Ray.
You find Ray a ways off, about to be picked up by the approaching tide. He is clearly dead, for his head has been partially picked apart.
Pages: [1] 2