Continue?
- 1 (50%)
Drop?
- 0 (0%)
Reset?
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Ant Colony Version 2 (10/10) 1 replacement wanted  (Read 21155 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Ant Colony Version 2 (10/10) 1 replacement wanted
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2015, 04:22:57 pm »

Foragers forage. Diggers dig one burrow south L2.

50 breeder evolve tiny -100
50 normal dig burrow SE lv1
50 foragers forage 5 hexes +150..200
upkeep 50*20+50+50+5*3+5 = 220
dat equation ... your upkeep for 50 normal, 50 foragers, and 50 breeders, plus l3 queen would be 270.
100 for foragers, 100 for breeders, 50 for normals, 20 for queen

@ everyone else  There is no foraging
Dang it fillipk, we are posting actions for Autumn 3 (turn 9). There should be foraging. I looked through the entire thread. you posted turn 1, then we posted actions, then you posted turn 2 then we posted actions then ... then you posted turn 9, now we post actions.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2015, 10:36:49 pm »

Hmm perhaps your right and I forgot my own system, sorry blame something in my life, okay then there is foraging, hmm I hope I didn't mess this up earlier
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2015, 10:41:23 pm »

Okay, editing my previous action then.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2015, 02:38:19 am »

Ok, I'll edit my actions later.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Arkitekt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2015, 02:43:01 am »

dat equation ... your upkeep for 50 normal, 50 foragers, and 50 breeders, plus l3 queen would be 270.

I evolve em tiny. They should eat 1 food only.

Arkitekt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2015, 03:01:13 am »

Ok, guys.
Does one want to try another version of the game?
My idea was to automate turn processing. Now it successfully does foraging, building, breeding, evolving, but still doesn't process unit placement, pathfinding, combat and environment threats. If you are interested, you may suggest some features to it.
I'll post rules on demand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2015, 06:12:24 am »

Hmm perhaps your right and I forgot my own system, sorry blame something in my life, okay then there is foraging, hmm I hope I didn't mess this up earlier
I warned you before about your turn titles. you have a tendency to think they mean "this last turn was x, post for turn x+1 now" when they mean "this is turn x, post for turn x now, turn x+1 comes next."

I evolve em tiny. They should eat 1 food only.
oh yeah. my bad.

Ok, guys.
My idea was to automate turn processing. Now it successfully does foraging, building, breeding, evolving, but still doesn't process unit placement, pathfinding, combat and environment threats. If you are interested, you may suggest some features to it.
What?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2015, 10:26:04 am »

And it's my game and I keep messing it up  :-X
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:05 am »

Ok, guys.

How about being able to give a year's worth of actions every turn.  That would make the game go quite a bit faster, though that might cause issues for combat, exploration, and bonus food calculations.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2015, 11:18:46 am »

It could work for early game at least, until players meet each others and or monsters.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Arkitekt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2015, 12:23:37 pm »

I mean I have utility, that can process turns (forage, breed, build, evolve) for game with a bit different rules.
The rules are basically in russian, so I need to translate them, which takes some time.
If I do translate rules you'll have opportunity to have your own game semi-automated. I can add some features for you. One day I'll add pathfinding. As for combat mechanics I don't think it is thought-through well in this particular game and I haven't come with my own mechanic yet.
I could try to make game for you, and it will work completely fine for action list for 20 turns ahead, but I'm not sure about my time management for few coming weeks.
And this game is simply boring when you catch up with doing things proper way. It is just math problem when you have not PvE or PvP. But I really like the concept. Building economy out of nothing with long term planning (i.e. surviving autumn-winter).

add
Current GM seems to be decent game designer, but makes some errors. Human factor does matter.

PS. This is how my game looks like: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11090572/Eador/ant/map_919_borders.png
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:29:19 pm by Arkitekt »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2015, 04:00:43 pm »

Why not having fight work by each side rolling a number between 1 and the army strength. The side with the highest number wins, and the loosing army loose the difference of the dies?

Arkitekt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2015, 05:11:22 pm »

Why not having fight work by each side rolling a number between 1 and the army strength. The side with the highest number wins, and the loosing army loose the difference of the dies?

Battle resolution is not the case. Current rules suppose you have squads placed on hexes and teleportation network inside colony. Attacking side always have advantage of picking battles. But all of this are details.
First I need answers why one need to declare war, what one can achieve in war, what one can do to avoid being beaten. Only advantage you have now is regiment strength which is proportional to food consumption. There seems to be no reason to have combat class units, they just save space compared to regular, but twice bigger army of regulars can forage twice more in piece time.
And as far as game is based on tile management it feels like combat should have some tactics.
So when I say about combat mechanics I mean all this stuff relevant to PvP interaction. And maybe PvE too. This is decent part of game, and it is not done as far as I can say.
Now it's like write your algorithm, wait of GM process it and win one single war if you have more units than neighbour. The second war you will probably loose because your casualties in first one.
We can play however without any map. GM can just add random events deck to make the game diverse. A game like Banished but without neat views.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2015, 05:23:27 pm »

I'm going to be honest I don't have time to run this anymore, arkitekt, you look like you have ideas and could probably take over if you wanted to, or Ozarck could because he knows more about the game then me.  I'm really sorry about quoting out again but I honestly just don't have the time to run a game like this.

The second part is that I'm not enjoying running this because it's too mechanical and not roleplayey enough.  I would probably enjoy playing this or maybe even coding it but it's not the type of game I would like to run.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:26:26 pm by fillipk »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2015, 05:53:34 pm »

I'm going to be honest I don't have time to run this anymore, arkitekt, you look like you have ideas and could probably take over if you wanted to, or Ozarck could because he knows more about the game then me.  I'm really sorry about quoting out again but I honestly just don't have the time to run a game like this.

The second part is that I'm not enjoying running this because it's too mechanical and not roleplayey enough.  I would probably enjoy playing this or maybe even coding it but it's not the type of game I would like to run.
aww, man...

I could probably take over, but I'd need you to PM me the monster mechanisms. Also, whatever tools you use for mapping, and where you upload maps. As for automation, I'll look at arkitect's stuff.
What do you guys think? Continue, restart, drop? Continue gives the advantage of maintaining your current progress, restart gives the advantage of putting to use what you've learned, and abandoning ... wll, it's less work that way :'(
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19