Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 240856 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1170 on: August 25, 2015, 12:00:38 pm »

Got it, thanks!

Mmm, thought I might want to run these two by you guys. For the Evertrees, I'm afraid I might be minmaxing a tad too much, but on the other hand, all I'm really doing is having the trees conform with how I want them to be, that is mostly inanimate trees.

Evertree Math:
[Golden Aspen Derivation] 0.001 [Charismatic+2] <1.2> [Combat-3] <x0.4> [Disease Resistance+4] <2.9> [Earns Experience] <5> [Extremophile+3] <2.8> [Fruitful+5] <2> [Intelligence-1] <0.8> [Pious+2] <2> [Protection+3] <1.3> [Size+6] <1.6> [Speed-2] <0.6> [Strength-1] <0.8> [Teleport+1(1/day)] <1.2> [Will Be Back] <5>; [Affinity(Corpomancy)] <1> [Focus(Propagation)] <1> [Language(Vibrations)] <1>

~0.37 per individual - ? [Sphere Discount]

Thoughts? I've been getting the impression from the IC thread that the Devil has been making a lot of plagues, which is why I ended up keeping disease resistance (in contrast, magic seems to be pretty lowkey at the moment). I'm pretty torn on whether or not to make the trees fireproof. On the one hand, resurrecting from the ashes like a phoenix has some thematic coolness, on the other hand, I don't want my trees to be able to burn (even if only to keep the dirty peasants from using them as firewood. Stupid peasants).

Next is my angel, the arboreal administrator. I meant for him to help more trees grow, sort of like the keeper of the forests, but I'm not sure whether he'd even be effective in that role. In addition, when I first saw it, rulership seemed like the perfect fit for what I wanted for some reason, but that's seeming more and more not to make a lick of sense the more I think about it.
Cost:
[Angel] <0.5> [Charismatic+2] <1.2> [Earns Experience] <5> [Intelligence+2] <1.4> [Rulership+5] <2.5> [Size-4] <0.71> [Speed-1] <0.8> [Affinity(Exousiurgy)] <1>
=~6 Ichor

Only normal real life diseases so far. Not saying I don't plan to make more though :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 25, 2015, 12:04:28 pm »

I'm not expecting a lot of income from the trees actually, they're piety is probably pretty terrible, even with the piety+2 trait. I am hoping they reproduce pretty fast though. With enough ticks this 50 could turn into a couple thousand (considering there's not death rate at all). Even if they don't, each tree is superhuge, so I don't mind that much if there isn't a lot of them, so I'm cool with it either way. I considered going full goldplated on them and make them divine in fact, so this is very much a case of quality over quantity. In fact, I've nearly managed to convince myself to get that fireproofing and magic resistance anyway. I'll need to sleep on this lol. My Evertrees must be the best!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 25, 2015, 01:33:22 pm »

((Okay, no, æther does not pronounce like either. The æ doesn't sound like that. I use æ in my primary language.
For an example of how the æ sounds... "Ever" is pronounced "ævør" (or somewhat close to it).))

Edit: ((Actually, the pronunciation of "either" goes something like either "iiÞør" or "aiÞør".))
The pronunciation of the letter 'Æ' varies a lot by language and dialect. 'æther' (or 'ether', as is the modern spelling) ['iːθə] can in fact be pronounced as 'either' ['aɪθə(ɹ) or 'iːθə(ɹ)]. 'Æ' is also not to be confused with the phonetic marker [æ], which is the 'a' in 'cat' [kæt]. 'Ever' is officially pronounced ['evə], though dialect varies.

Disclaimer: My 'Old Ængliſc' is completely constructed and uneducated, with no similarity to any actual medieval dialect of English, except by coincidence.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 25, 2015, 01:35:46 pm »

((Okay, no, æther does not pronounce like either. The æ doesn't sound like that. I use æ in my primary language.
For an example of how the æ sounds... "Ever" is pronounced "ævør" (or somewhat close to it).))

Edit: ((Actually, the pronunciation of "either" goes something like either "iiÞør" or "aiÞør".))
The pronunciation of the letter 'Æ' varies a lot by language and dialect. 'æther' (or 'ether', as is the modern spelling) ['iːθə] can in fact be pronounced as 'either' ['aɪθə(ɹ) or 'iːθə(ɹ)]. 'Æ' is also not to be confused with the phonetic marker [æ], which is the 'a' in 'cat' [kæt]. 'Ever' is officially pronounced ['evə], though dialect varies.

Disclaimer: My 'Old Ængliſc' is completely constructed and uneducated, with no similarity to any actual medieval dialect of English, except by coincidence.

Which explains why nobody could read it  :-\.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:56 pm »

Biblical angels? Biblical angels.

$$$
Price check on an archangel - an angel so powerful as to be like a cosmic force of nature. It would be so powerful that it could rearrange the stars or turn night into day with a thought. It could wipe out all traces of a civilisation in a single night. If it were to fight another archangel, the world they fought on would be burnt to ash in the crossfire
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 25, 2015, 07:47:02 pm »

Wait, so, basically more powerful than a god?

Cuz' it takes us a bit more than a thought to rearrange the stars or wipe out a civilization.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 25, 2015, 07:47:15 pm »

$$$
Literaly makinng a God+
I'ts like you are fishing for warnings
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 25, 2015, 07:53:07 pm »

Next WIP Race: Noir.

At the core of their being, Noir are simply a relatively small cloud of small black shards of different shapes, most commonly hexagons. They rarely take this form permanently, however. They love to live in other Race's territory, naturally shifting their parts into an exact replica of the local people, choosing between the most populous races. This includes the colors, and they generally like mimicking whatever abilities the locals have with magic, often letting them fit in seamlessly in any location. They are capable of coming apart at any time, such as to dodge blows, assuming they have no way to block them. Assuming they are not large enough to fully copy the race they are living with, they usually take the form of a scaled-down version of that race. They are naturally capable of flight in any form, as they are typically floating anyway.

.001*Charismatic+2 <1.2>*Intelligence+2 <x1.4>Magic resistance-2 <x0.7>*Shapeshifter <x1.4>USB <1.2>*Defense+3 <x1.7>*<Exotic Affinity <x1.6>[Plasmurgy]=~5.37 for 1000.

Do I need a trait to allow them to fly?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:55:00 pm by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 25, 2015, 07:54:15 pm »

Wait, so, basically more powerful than a god?

Cuz' it takes us a bit more than a thought to rearrange the stars or wipe out a civilization.
I'm aiming to make it a living Wonder, kinda like Tykki was.

$$$
Literaly makinng a God+
I'ts like you are fishing for warnings
The rules don't say anything about getting warnings for price checking ultra-powerful angels. If I was somehow trying to make it cheap then yeah I would get a warning, but I'm not.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 25, 2015, 07:56:15 pm »

Meh, I don't think it's necessarily bad to price check excessively powerful things as long as you don't try to argue down the price. That said, maybe you should start smaller Andres... like angels capable of single handedly destroying cities before angels capable of destroying planets... because the latter is something I didn't even achieve last game when I was probably one of the strongest gods around.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 25, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »

Eh, there is no reason not to price check super-expensive things. He should be a bit more descriptive about it, though.

I am more surprised he hasn't reacted to the whole "Humans probably getting kidnapped by another God" thing yet. I think he stopped reading everything not involving him a long time ago  :P.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 25, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »

I believe I already grabbed the lost souls of the Skizani, Andres. Did it when I grabbed the lost soul of my dead Zhangzhi. I believe KJP may have missed it in the jumble of stuff people did last turn. Seems like he was in a hurry, so I don't blame him.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 25, 2015, 08:11:45 pm »

I believe I already grabbed the lost souls of the Skizani, Andres. Did it when I grabbed the lost soul of my dead Zhangzhi. I believe KJP may have missed it in the jumble of stuff people did last turn. Seems like he was in a hurry, so I don't blame him.

The last tick still isn't over yet. Well its over, just not finished. Well its finished, just not done. Well...You know what I mean. He will get to most the stuff he missed when he gets to it. I pity the guy, my game had half this many posts and there was no way I could keep up...

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 25, 2015, 08:15:54 pm »

Kilojule is a god among men
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 25, 2015, 08:31:47 pm »

Also, Kilojule logged in today, meaning he has the interwebs, meaning we'll get an update sooner!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 241