Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Growths (ISG)  (Read 37753 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Growths (ISG)
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2016, 10:22:35 am »

BANG BANG MOTHERFUCKER!!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2016, 10:25:24 am »

Do they breathe the same atmospheric mixture we do? If so, Maybe offer to house the one without a mask in our shelter.
Also, Perhaps lowering our weapon might calm them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2016, 10:45:03 am »

BANG BANG MOTHERFUCKER!!

Maybe. "Put your weapon down now! We have you surrounded. If you surrender, we can see about handling the air situation your friend has. If you don't... well, maybe I'll spare him."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2016, 10:57:36 am »

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »

BANG BANG MOTHERFUCKER!!

Maybe. "Put your weapon down now! We have you surrounded. If you surrender, we can see about handling the air situation your friend has. If you don't... well, maybe I'll spare him."
+1

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2016, 11:56:09 pm »

Turn 36

You state the conditions of the enemies surrender, they drop their weapons and you try and save their friend. The Gun Alien sees your request for them to disarm as an admission of your guilt.

The start of the fight is marked by a quick exchange of laser fire. You get the first shot in and knock the alien off balance causing him to miss most of his shots. The shot that hits you damages your durable spacesuit, the Alien's emergency suit does little to protect him from damage and the laser melts sections of his chest.

The aliens are much larger then the plantmin and posses four arms each, the lower fight is locked in a standstill with the alien holding the weapons away using his superior strength. The alien in the upper fight is outnumbered and seems to be trying to do as much damage as possible, holding Rabbit up by the neck and beating him with his own club.

You shoot the lower alien since you have a clear shot, ending that fight. The upper alien throws Rabbit's limp body to the ground but his focus on rabbit has left him exposed to Bulb's stabs. The alien collapses due to a loss of blood.

With the aliens subdued you take stock of the situation.

You hear mad screaming from down the beach, you think that air deprived alien ran off during the fight. Laser and lower alien are both dead with top alien rapidly bleeding out. The alien ship's internals are still very much on fire, you don't have the abilityto put it out.

Your suit's sealant gel has filled the hole so you aren't losing air but the damage isn't something to scoff at. Rabbit's state doesn't look critical but is pretty serious you are certain someone will have to carry them back to camp. Most of the other plantmin have bruises from the fight but no open wounds, actually Bulb's neck-wounds have healed so he's better off now then last you checked.

The following items are present in the area. You can probably carry back 45cu of it.
10cu for each Plantmin and 15cu for Mandy (Assuming someone carries Rabbit back.)

1x Laser Rifle (11 shots left)                  5cu
3x Laser Rifle Batteries (20 shots each)  1cu
3x Suit Backpacks                                30cu
2x Suits (well 1 and 2 half suits)            15cu
2x Primitive torches                              6cu
5x Primitive Clubs                                 15cu
1x Battery Lamp                                   6cu
3x Locked crates                                   60cu
10x Scrap metal                                   20cu

Mother:
Biomass: 1/10
Birthing: Inactive

Air: 2.6/5 Hours Remaining
Suit Integrity: Damaged
Injuries: None
Hunger: Peckish
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory:
Food:
41x Ration Bars

Suitspace:
1x Laser Pistol (10 shots left)
18x Laser Pistol Batteries (10 shots each)
1x High Explosive Grenade
1x Survival Knife

Survival:
1x Thermosafe Firestarter
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
10x Wood
5x Stone
5x Acidic Nodules
15x Wings
4x Mandibles
1x Hover Organ

Author Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:58:11 pm by Evil Lincoln »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2016, 12:01:19 am »

Are the listed carry units per single item or for all the items of that type? Like would a single crate be 20 CU or 60 CU?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2016, 12:03:49 am »

Are the listed carry units per single item or for all the items of that type? Like would a single crate be 20 CU or 60 CU?

It's total for all of them. So one crate is 20cu.

It should probably be the other way around but that's how I was thinking about it at the time.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2016, 01:35:03 am »

Is the ship going to explode? If not we may take a few items now and return for the crates later.
Definitely equip the laser gun though, And its batteries. Maybe one suit to repair the damage to our own as well.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2016, 03:11:44 am »

Is the ship going to explode?

You wonder if this thing is going to explode. It's pretty intact so unless they switched the reactor core off it might go critical. Or maybe they have unexploded ordinance in there which could go up in the flames. On the other hand they were piling up their cargo right next to it, they could be idiots though.

Only time will tell if the ship will be here tomorrow, or in a few minutes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2016, 07:19:31 am »

Is the ship going to explode? If not we may take a few items now and return for the crates later.
Definitely equip the laser gun though, And its batteries. Maybe one suit to repair the damage to our own as well.

+1

Bring one of the dead aliens to the "mother" bulb thing.
Also take as much stuff as the plants can carry.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:52:29 am by Ultimuh »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:51 am »

Before doing anything we should find the oxygen deprived alien. He's still alive, as he's still screaming. If nothing else, he's food for the plant.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2016, 07:53:01 am »

If nothing else, he's food for the plant.
I wonder what we have become.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2016, 08:14:13 am »

If nothing else, he's food for the plant.
I wonder what we have become.
Phytophilous.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2016, 12:55:28 pm »

Leave him. Take the one that's dieing. Either he survives the trip and we can heal him up and explain, or he is dead and plant food. So that's two bodies to carry. After that I recommend a crate and a backpack, and at least 5cu of scrap metals.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24