Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Growths (ISG)  (Read 37742 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Growths (ISG)
« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2016, 02:24:10 pm »

I'd say we should explore the surrounding area (East?) a bit more before we go home.
I'm not really sure as to what to think about this new mother, or whether the plants are clustering around it or the spring. Could be dangerous if it turns out to be a seperate 'colony'.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2016, 05:52:46 am »

* Ultimuh pokes the thread.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2016, 06:02:59 am »

That plant in the middle looks like Mother. I say tomorrows project is to clear out the local wildlife and build a bridge to reach it.

Ask the plantmen if they know anything about the bulb in the middle of the lake, and then head home.
Be sure to bring home some rock samples from the area.
I'd say we should explore the surrounding area (East?) a bit more before we go home.
I'm not really sure as to what to think about this new mother, or whether the plants are clustering around it or the spring. Could be dangerous if it turns out to be a seperate 'colony'.
That plant in the middle looks like Mother. I say tomorrows project is to clear out the local wildlife and build a bridge to reach it.

Ask the plantmen if they know anything about the bulb in the middle of the lake, and then head home.
+1

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2016, 06:37:19 am »

* Ultimuh pokes the thread.
The sharp spines of the thread draw blood! Within moments, there is another, more plantish Ultimah.

On a more serious note...
If our suit is totally waterproof, we might want to poke our head into the water for just a second to see what's what. However, I suggest we AVOID the pool of conductive water next to the electricity utilizing rhino-things until we have slain said rhino-things.

Maybe we could aggro the creatures and run home? It would take less dragging, and we could fill up our supply during the fight.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2016, 10:11:31 am »

Turn 30

Since your suit is both water and space proof you take a look underneath the surface. You can feel the heat through your suit so it must be pretty hot, it's also pretty deep. You could probably walk to the other side but you'd be completely submerged for a bit. Bulb and Rabbit are very wary of the water.

You ask Bulb about the soil and water in the area. Bulb says the water is very dangerous and the soil is tasteless and red.

You contemplate the oxygen maker/water purifier. If you had a second one you could make expeditions out from here as well as the beach, you doubt you could make another one though. If you had some parts you might be able to manage but not using sticks and rocks.

Mother:
Biomass: 0/10
Birthing: Inactive

Air: 2.8/5 Hours Remaining
Suit Integrity: None
Injuries: None
Hunger: Peckish
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory:
Food:
41x Ration Bars

Equipment:
1x Laser Pistol (10 shots left)
18x Laser Pistol Batteries (10 shots each)
1x High Explosive Grenade
1x Survival Knife
5x Primitive Clubs

Survival:
1x Thermosafe Firestarter
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
5x Acidic Nodules
16x Wings
6x Mandibles
1x Hover Organ

Author Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2016, 10:54:22 am »

Study the surrounding area, asking Bulb questions about it at the same time.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2016, 11:13:55 am »

+1

And... though the purple things may be biomass, I'm a tad bit wary about bringing them home. Ask Bulb 'bout it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2016, 12:16:07 pm »

How feasible is it that other bits of our ship survived re-entry and might have landed nearby to use as parts?

If safe, have Bulb and Rabbit carry home as much of the purple plant stuff as possible.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2016, 01:19:16 pm »

How feasible is it that other bits of our ship survived re-entry and might have landed nearby to use as parts?
We have the escape pod if we're willing to pull an ocean-floor trek. We'd probably have to carry it all ourself, though.

+1

And... though the purple things may be biomass, I'm a tad bit wary about bringing them home. Ask Bulb 'bout it.
+1 to both
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2016, 11:52:42 pm »

Turn 31

You take a look at the east. Nothing here but more purple plants and another one of those bird creatures.

You wonder if any of your ship would have survived reentry. It's certainly possible that it could have, when you ejected the orbit wasn't stable so it should have fallen somewhere on this region of the planet. However the reactor was critical so it have exploded, luckily your insurance covers that.

You ask Bulb if these plants could be used as biomass for Mother. Bulb doesn't seem to think so, even making some retching noises for good measure. You also ask about the creatures that are around. Bulb doesn't know anything about them either, it would seem knowledge of the planet isn't something that the plants are 'born' with.

After exploring the east you take a look at the northeast. Surprisingly there appears to be some kind of transmitter near some rocks. You examine it and determine that it is inactive. You can't really tell how old it is since it's pretty worn from sitting outside for so long. There appears to be a logo on it's case but you don't recognize it.

Mother:
Biomass: 0/10
Birthing: Inactive

Air: 2.7/5 Hours Remaining
Suit Integrity: None
Injuries: None
Hunger: Peckish
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory:
Food:
41x Ration Bars

Equipment:
1x Laser Pistol (10 shots left)
18x Laser Pistol Batteries (10 shots each)
1x High Explosive Grenade
1x Survival Knife
5x Primitive Clubs

Survival:
1x Thermosafe Firestarter
1x Atmoscan

Materials:
5x Acidic Nodules
16x Wings
6x Mandibles
1x Hover Organ

Author Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2016, 03:11:54 am »

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2016, 06:43:41 am »

Grab that thing and run home.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2016, 06:46:19 am »

Grab that thing and run home.
Grab N' Run

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2016, 11:18:19 am »

...IT'S A TRAP!

-1 to grab and go. It could be a trap.

Go back to camp. Rest up. Recharge. Come back to the area tomorrow when you have more time to properly disassemble the transmitter and investigate mother 2.0.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2016, 11:59:57 am »

BTW 'IT'S A TRAP' is a no to grabbing it.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24