Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Knight [SG]  (Read 3564 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Knight [SG]
« on: August 09, 2015, 12:45:06 pm »

The Princess has been kidnapped, and it falls to you, Sir Knight, to save her from the clutches of the demon!  You have set out on your fine white charger, bedecked in fine steel armour with lance, sword and shield.  The sun is high, and you have been riding for some time now in the direction of the dragon's cave.

Upon the way you cross paths with a gnarled old hag in brown clothes with a red headscarf.  She waves for you to halt.

"Be ye headin' to the dragon's cave, sir?" she asks.  "Turn back, ye must, for terrible danger awaits!"

What do you do?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Knight [SG]
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:52:00 pm »

"Avast ye lady of the many years, I know not the sensation colloquially referred to as 'fear.' Thou hast tickled my intrigue however, sayest you, what dangers lay head ready to rear their ugly heads?"
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:47 pm »

"Avast ye lady of the many years, I know not the sensation colloquially referred to as 'fear.' Thou hast tickled my intrigue however, sayest you, what dangers lay head ready to rear their ugly heads?"

"Avast, ye lady of the many years, I know not the sensation of 'fear'," you boast.  "Thou hast tickled my intrigue, however.  Sayest thee, what dangers lie ahead, ready to rear their ugly heads?"

"Ah, 'tis a fool's errand, sir!  But I see thou art determined.  Know that the demon hath servants three, each of whom shall oppose thee.  First, the Chasm Spider, who guards the Bright Blade in Grimfell Chasm, which you must wield to smite the demon.  Second, the Spiteful Sprite of the Mireblack Woods, which you must cross to reach Red Mountain.  Thirdly, the Dragon of Red Mountain, who guards the passage to the demon's chamber.  Yet these foes shall surely be your doom!  Turn back, I say!  Turn back!"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »

"Nonsense ye old crone! My name is Sir Percival Knight the Knight, and I fear nothing that walk, flies, swim or crawl above, below or on this Earth.

Where is this Chasm Spider, and what kind of monster is it?"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 01:16:45 pm »

"For honor is my greatest shield and justice the truest blade, I cannot turn my back upon this quest. Please, maiden of ages past, tell me how that I may find and slay this spider."

(Are we doing suggestion votes or first poster?)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 01:21:53 pm »

"Nonsense ye old crone! My name is Sir Knight, and I fear nothing that walk, flies, swim or crawl above, below or on this Earth.

Where is this Chasm Spider, and what kind of monster is it?"

"For honor is my greatest shield and justice the truest blade, I cannot turn my back upon this quest. Please, maiden of ages past, tell me how that I may find and slay this spider."

(Are we doing suggestion votes or first poster?)

[Suggestion/combination.]

"Nonsense, ye old crone!  I am a Knight, and I fear nothing that walks, flies, swims or crawls above, below or on this Earth.  Honour is my greatest shield, and justice the truest blade.  I cannot turn my back upon this quest.  Please, maiden of ages past, tell me where is this Chasm Spider, and what kind of monster is it?"

The old crone points westward.  "The Chasm Spider is, as it seems, a great spider, as tall as five horses and ten times as long.  It hides in the Chasm, waiting for those who might cross its path to devour them.  It is too great for any man to slay, but I hear that it is almost completely blind - but if it hears you, you will be gone in an instant.  You are a fool, Sir Knight, but I wish you luck on your journey."

The old hag bids you farewell and continues along her way.  You ride westward, seeking out this Bright Chasm.

After a time, you come across a peasant in a green tunic.  He looks up at you and narrows his eyes.

"Greetings, sir.  Who are you?" he asks.

"I am a Knight of the realm!" you say.

"Mm-hmm.  And what is your quest?"

"To save the princess from the demon!"

He seems to study your eyes for a moment, then pulls back and nods slightly north-west.

"You'll be looking for the Bright Chasm, then.  That way, about a league.  Best of luck."

"And to you, peasant."

You ride on, travelling the mentioned league before reaching a vast crescent-shaped crevice, festooned with criss-crossing lines of thick, rope-like silk and cleaving down for hundreds of feet.  At the base, which is otherwise dark, you can just see a glimmering of golden light.

What would you like to do?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 01:24:08 pm »

Grab a fist-seized rock and throw it far away to try to draw the Spider out.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 01:24:42 pm »

+1 (was going to do the same)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 03:24:06 pm »

You pick up a rock and throw it against the far wall of the chasm.  It skitters down the chasm for a surprisingly long time, and after a short time you hear a faint skittering start up from the canyon below.  You can't see too clearly down it, but there is a moment when the glow from the bottom is eclipsed by a massive, black shadow.

What will you do?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 03:33:55 pm »

Take off our armor, tie it to a length or roped tied to our horse and throw it over the chasm's edge. Our horse should make it move as it graze around, keeping the spider busy trying to climb to the armor. In the meantime, slide down very silently and get the sword.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 03:49:28 pm »

Its a crevasse, I dont think we can slide down it. We can barely see the bottom.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 03:52:40 pm »

Climb down, whatever.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

Take off our armor, tie it to a length or roped tied to our horse and throw it over the chasm's edge. Our horse should make it move as it graze around, keeping the spider busy trying to climb to the armor. In the meantime, slide down very silently and get the sword.
Check the walls. It's a spider guys.

You take off your armour, tie it to some rope and your horse and throw it over the chasm's edge, making lots of jangling and striking the webbing there.  Keeping an eye on the edges of the chasm, you see a huge, dark shape start to ascend with frightening speed.  You put some distance between it and your armour and start climbing down the face of the chasm, keeping as far away from the webbing as you can manage, although once or twice you do trip a thread.

You reach the bottom, where a most peculiar object that you take to be the Bright Sword awaits you.  A short steel cylinder, ridged in places, serves as a hilt and pommel, whilst at the end a blade of pure sunlight extends about five feet from the end, tapering into a point.  It appears to be unattended, although nearby you see the torn remnants of a long-rotted brown cloak upon the skeleton of what was presumably the former owner.

Up above, you hear a terrible neighing, which cuts out abruptly.  No more horse, you would guess.

What do you wish to do from here?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 08:59:51 pm »

SLAY! the spider!

Horse, ye shall be missed. We hardly knew ye.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 09:21:33 pm »

SLAY! the spider!
+1

Not a whole lot of other options.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4