Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389730 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (And the Cats of Uthar)
« Reply #7905 on: November 28, 2016, 11:11:28 am »

Meanwhile..

Elsewhere...

Deep within the Bowels of Akras's Compound..

A bald man in well-pressed suit stood behind an aged man in labcoat, whose hand rests upon a control lever.

Next to him is a row of turned keys stuck in it's slots, an opened metal slot and a pressed button.

"Do it." Says the bald, suited man whose face were obscured by his own shadow cast from a light shining at his back.

The aged man pulled the lever.. but it would not budge. He pulls harder, grunting, yet it resisted.

Sighing, the bald, suited man lightly move the Aged, labcoated man aside before grabbing the lever himself and pulled.

The lever resisted, hissing, whining like a struck dog. Yet the pulling continues.

It screamed in frustration, screeching, trying to scare whatever's tugging it away, yet the pulling continues.

There were hisses as locks tried to engage themselves again, yet were unable. Everything was beginning to shake like a light earthquake, loose, small objects rolling and falling onto the floor as the very existence resists that lever being pulled.

It screamed then as sizzling hisses could be heard from the bald, suited man's hand. The aged man looked on with concern, yet the suited man did not flinch. His obscured face telling nothing.

With one last scream, the lever finally gave and was pulled down, the room stopped shaking.

The screeching, hissing protest silenced.

The ever-constant hum of the latest IHSS Fusion reactor that could be heard throughout the entire compound slowed..

slower..

slower..

stop.

A hand was removed from the lever and went to re-adjust a tie.

"Let's get to work." says the bald, suited man as he turns around towards the exit.

The lever was left behind, cold and dead as the day it came to be.

Silence.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 11:29:34 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: November 28, 2016, 11:12:32 am »

((Fuck.))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: November 28, 2016, 06:44:40 pm »

"I made the promise to calm her and give her something to focus on. Otherwise, she would have been useless to anyone. And I don't lie. At least, not when I know the truth."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: November 28, 2016, 07:48:09 pm »

Under the order of Tal, a Kobold steps into the now unwarded Reactor room, hold the lever and pushes it forward as furthest as it will go.

The ever-constant hum that the compound was so used to continues again.. returning the virtually endless power to the wards, sating their hunger.

But their anger were not sated, and they lashed out.

They know who it was, they know who wanted them shut down, erased.

They were not happy.

They will erase those people instead, yes.

Yes, that will be what it's going to do.

The Screaming and the fireworks of blood starts as the very domain itself within the building begin to lash out.

an alphabetic letter 'A' dug into a man's chest and came out with a piece of his soul.

The silverware dug themselves deep into flesh.

The screaming continues.

Things were chaos and chaotic, Securities weren't sure what to do, what's going on as the very furniture are attacking some very important people.

The emergency alarm was called.

Report of guns barked throughout the compound.

This displeases the compound.

Oh this displeases the compound very much.

This will not do.

Oh no no, this will not do at all.

They shall be erased too, yes.

Yes they shall be erased too.

The screaming intensifies..

Somewhere, an Intern holds up a blood-soaken rag tied to a mop handle.

"Viva La Revolución!" screamed a voice.

The voice is amplified by many more voices.

The report of barking guns intensifies.

So are the screams.

Oh so many screams.

"Down with the Board!" Screamed another voice.

"Down with the Tyranny!" came another. Then was silenced by a bark of gunfire.

So much gunfire.

The alarms are a'blarin',

People are a'dyin',

The reaper is reapin',

Silence...

-----

Total time Akras's attempted to cull Dr. Tal Nalvi's power lasted: 10 Seconds flat.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:54:06 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: November 28, 2016, 07:52:22 pm »

Fel blinks.

"Did something just happen?  I feel like something just happened."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7910 on: November 28, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »

"Care to elaborate?" - John
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: November 28, 2016, 07:56:08 pm »

Zander is shooting faster then he's ever shot before, in fact he's set a couple of records but he's beyond caring at this point. Coming to blow off steam he had steadily increased the rate in which targets popped up and then disappeared. He was doing well but he couldn't keep it up forever, a target had popped up on the other side and he knew even as he swung to shoot it he wouldn't make it.

But some instinct of his screamed to pull the trigger anyway, and as a laser fired from the rifle it went straight as it should but then it turned right and then straight again directly into the target's bulls-eye.   

"What the hell....?"

Hesitantly he raises his rifle again bringing a single target up, this time he deliberately points the rifle away. He pictures hitting the targets bull-eye and shoots his laser rifle.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:58:57 pm by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: November 28, 2016, 07:58:33 pm »

"Care to elaborate?" - John
"Just that something important happened."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7913 on: November 28, 2016, 08:09:33 pm »

Zach's at his makeshift living quarters down in the bowels of R&D. He's (with Hu's assistance) printed off some pretty intern clones, with varying degrees of braindeath, and arrayed them in testing rooms. He's about to perform a test when Roger goes off in his ear, playing Monty Python's 'message for you, sir.'
"What is it, Roger?"
"There appears to be multiple alarms triggered in the main compound Terraside. Acquiring location, severity and protocol for each alarm currently." Moments later, one of the Rosetta tablets arrayed on his desk flashes a red screen. A sticky note attached to the PDA reads 'Terra Compound'
He scrolls through all the assorted alarm codes, "Taaaaaaal! you're gonna wanna see this!" he calls into the radio, before getting Roger to send screenshots to Tal, "Riiiight now!"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: November 28, 2016, 08:33:49 pm »

"Yes. This is what happens when someone tries to kill an Active Domain. I'm aware."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: November 28, 2016, 08:35:22 pm »

"Fuck. Everyone meet up Topside. I wanna get an idea of what's going on."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: November 28, 2016, 08:36:27 pm »

"Yes. This is what happens when someone tries to kill an Active Domain. I'm aware."
"What do myew plan to do about it?"
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: November 28, 2016, 09:02:41 pm »

"They'll sort themselves out. We're going to go deal with the dwarves."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: November 28, 2016, 09:06:09 pm »

"Shouldn't myew do something though?  Seems...Such a waste of life."
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: November 28, 2016, 09:07:06 pm »

"Nah. They need a bit to calm their shit."
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 612