Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391141 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (4/6)
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2015, 02:34:26 pm »

Get some more distance between me and the castle. Look around and see who else made it out. Try to contact Beta and Delta.
You keep running and running for a few seconds, and the pain starts to set in.
[Constitution (hard)=8] And its not just pain, but crippling pain. You have two choices running through your head as it gets worse and worse. Sit there and whimper, like a child, or sit there and  scream and cry like a baby. (+1 difficulty to your next roll)
If I woke up, sorta hard to tell, groan loudly in pain and do my best to get to the evac. If I am not awake. Keep traversing the dreamscape. Examine the figure.
The shadow bends closer, and turns into a fuzzy mess that gradually becomes a man. . . . becomes Dr. Ayes. You also notice that you are being held down by Seth. Ayes looks very concerned
Loot his PDW and begin to Fireman's carry him to safety.

Begin climbing down stairs
Before you have a chance to Start going down, you are blocked by Lalush, who insists on checking you for any injuries.
[Lalush med rolls=18]
"Oh. OH! How are you walking? You need. . . Dr. Ayes, we need to sedate this man before his adrenaline rush causes him any more harm!
Lalush digs though a medical suitcase and pulls out a long syringe.
"Hey, Lalush. Are you going to stand there, or help? This is, kinda, our cue, dude."
Inspect Tal (first) and Arthur (is that guy bleeding from his mouth? Hopefully he just bit his tongue...) for life-threatening injuries.
Seth gently lets Tal down, so you can work on him,
You don't need to look hard to tell that his chest is caved in awkwardly.
[Doctor check anyway=18]
The dead center of his chest is chest has collapsed. His heart was probably pierced by his ribs. he is a dead man if he moves. he probably wont even make it to the evac zone before he bleeds out. A team will be needed for this right away, and a surgery room.
You have Seth hold him down tight, so he doesnt move. . . maybe you should heavily sedate him. No, he wouldt last an hour and you have two miles to the evac zone.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2015, 04:04:15 pm »

Don't move, everything hurts.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2015, 04:29:24 pm »

"I am perfectly fine! What are you trying to do? I don't need treatment, work on the scientist first."

Then grab Lalushe's syringe and hold it menacingly. If succesful:

"Don't step any closer if you know what's good for you. As I said before, I am completely fine. Just a little blood in my mouth, that's all. After all, how did I have the coordination and strength to steal this needle if I was fatally injured? And don't you dare say Adrenaline or I may actually develop an Adrenarage which will give me the strength to throw you down these stairs. Do you have any idea how stupid that idea sounds?! Adrenaline does not give people superpowers!

Now just leave me alone and fix the Scientist..."

Talk some sense into Lalush. Keep the needle.

If operation steal the needle fails. Acrobatically dodge and begin climbing down the stairs.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:12:18 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2015, 04:43:08 pm »

((How the fuck did you get selected for this when it's clear you're batshit insane? I think you may want to rethink that action for the sake of consistent plot.))

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2015, 04:54:02 pm »

(concussion? demonic possession? alcoholic supervisor? who knows...)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2015, 04:56:21 pm »

((Only the middle one makes any amount of sense. Concussions tend to make people feel nauseous, personality affects don't crop up for years.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2015, 05:00:21 pm »

((How the fuck did you get selected for this when it's clear you're batshit insane? I think you may want to rethink that action for the sake of consistent plot.))
Well, do you think I'm just going to let them sedate me. Also me and Seth have a grudge and apparently he's going to try and restrain me, so it's perfectly IC.

Wait, am I becoming one of those troublesome Roleplayers that I often here about in certain Gm discussion forums? If so I'm sorry, I didn't realize.

So am I, Gm? Be completely honest, I can handle the truth.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »

"Time to see if these brandName surgery sets are any better than the generics".
Sedate Nalvi, then open up. We need to stop the internal bleeding. (I'm hoping there's at least some plasma for transfusion in that bag.)
"No one is dying on my watch"
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2015, 05:12:13 pm »

Well, do you think I'm just going to let them sedate me. Also me and Seth have a grudge and apparently he's going to try and restrain me, so it's perfectly IC.

Wait, am I becoming one of those troublesome Roleplayers that I often here about in certain Gm discussion forums? If so I'm sorry, I didn't realize.

So am I, Gm? Be completely honest, I can handle the truth.
((Lets go over what you're trying to do:

((You are trying to stop Lalushe from sedating you. The lil tiny person who is trying to make sure you don't die. Not Seth, the big guy with the shotgun who you decided to stab with a needle if you can grab it for some reason. Also I can't see a good reason for a corp to put people who they know don't work together on the same squad in a highly dangerous mission. Profitwise, that's a bad idea and personal wise it's a waste of people if someone "accidentally" gets shot. I can't see a good excuse for having a grudge in a squad.))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:15:42 pm by Kevak »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »

From what I can understand, the grudge happened when he tried to usurp the authority from your fallen 'leader'

Also, it seems to be completely one sided, too. I meant seths disapproval to to be more of a "you are the idiot of this group, sit down and shut up" than a "no, you cant be the leader, I will fight against you" kinda thing.

Oh, and, dont worry, you arnt a problem child yet. keep it within this range, and try not to work against the group, stealing their stuff and whatnot, and you wont be one.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2015, 05:37:25 pm »

Sit and whimper while taking note of my surroundings.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2015, 06:48:53 pm »

Edited my action. This new one is less likely to cripple a party member for the entire mission.

EDIT AGAIN:  turns out that I misread the update. I thought Seth was about to try to restrain me.

ANOTHER EDIT: Turns out Michael did make it out. editing action... again.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:11:16 pm by heydude6 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2015, 09:22:24 pm »

Sit and whimper while taking note of my surroundings.
you sit yourself down and look back in the direction of your team. . . . you far away from them.
[What you see=14] And they seem to be struggling with each other. Fighting each other. One of them goes slack and vomits up a lot of dark fluid.
[Can you move again?=9] Pain is still strong, but you think you can manage it. Your head is still fuzzy, though.
Don't move, everything hurts.
Close your eyes, trying to block out the pain as much as you can, along with some heavy grunting, and two pinches in your chest. . .  and then. . . nothing. . . Everything is black once more.

"Time to see if these brandName surgery sets are any better than the generics".
Sedate Nalvi, then open up. We need to stop the internal bleeding. (I'm hoping there's at least some plasma for transfusion in that bag.)
"No one is dying on my watch"
[Surgery=9]You pull out a long needle. This is heart trauma you are dealing with, but you know that opening the chest cavity in an unsterilized environment is asking for a lot of trouble, and will kill him anyway, plus, dust is everywhere, from the collapse of the tower not to long ago. You think long and hard before cutting a makeshift guard out of the trauma kit, itself, and using the sterile cloth within to create a more optimal environment. Contents spilled, but well organized, you take a needle labeled Quinidine, and slowly inject it into Tal. you used your PDA to constantly monitor his heart rate, so you know when to give him the anesthesia, and then you get to work.
A slow cut reveals that your initial concerns were wrong. His heart wasn't pierced. But you were close. His lower and mid-sternum was fractured in several places, and he was lucky not to have one of the shards do him in.  you remove the sharper, broken pieces, and patch him back up. Not as good as new, but damn close to it. You finally notice two men shouting and a whole bunch of yelling, coming from behind and in front of you. And a few gunshots.
"I am perfectly fine! What are you trying to do? I don't need treatment, work on the scientist first."

Then grab Lalushe's syringe and hold it menacingly. If succesful:

"Don't step any closer if you know what's good for you. As I said before, I am completely fine. Just a little blood in my mouth, that's all. After all, how did I have the coordination and strength to steal this needle if I was fatally injured? And don't you dare say Adrenaline or I may actually develop an Adrenarage which will give me the strength to throw you down these stairs. Do you have any idea how stupid that idea sounds?! Adrenaline does not give people superpowers!

Now just leave me alone and fix the Scientist..."

Talk some sense into Lalush. Keep the needle.

If operation steal the needle fails. Acrobatically dodge and begin climbing down the stairs.
[Try to dodge the needle and grab it out of his hands=13] You fail to dodge the needle as you cough hard near the end of your spiel
[Lalush's doctor=13] And find yourself poked in the side. you feel the pressure of fluid flowing inside you, but twist around to feel a whole lot more pain. And whatever it was acts fast. Within seconds you are light headed.
[Con check to stay up=11] You struggle to stay up as the world falls down, rapidly, around you. You move to get away but. . . .
[Seths Dex to catch you=8] arms stop you from falling over the edge as you cough-vomit up blood. And a sharp pain in your chest as everything goes black.

Quote from: Seth
Lifts Arthur over his back so that the blood trailing down his mouth hits his back or the ground
"We need to get out of here. We have one MIA, and two out of commission. I'll carry Dumb-Ass, but you two will have to carry Dr. Tal. Hopefully Michael made it to the evac zone already.

OK, so, heydude and Kevek. You two wont be able to do anything else the rest of this mission, other than hope your teammates can get you out safely.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:19:12 am by zomara0292 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2015, 09:24:10 pm »

Make my way to evac.

Over the BUD: "Guys, what's going on over there?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2015, 09:29:55 pm »

Dream of Lalush performing surgery on Nalvi only to accidentally turn him into a zombie, then imagine him getting him eaten by that zombie and giggling in the background.

Edit: Also I tried to do this

As well, you may attempt an Acrobatic Dodge in combat – a jump or roll that avoids an attack in a flashy way. Add or subtract 2 to a dodge roll, depending on how well the Acrobatics roll did.
You can find it in the acrobatics skill description.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:32:40 pm by heydude6 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 612