Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389371 times)

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (twist: There was never an intern.)
« Reply #8550 on: January 09, 2017, 03:51:25 pm »

"You don't have to defend me Fel. I enjoy hearing it on a technical level too, gives me things to look into and understand. But come, let's finish our tour... then perhaps I could convince you to let me have a workshop? See how well I can transfer my enchantments to armour of the level you people use?"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: January 09, 2017, 04:03:55 pm »

"I daresay that could be arranged.  We've got loads of the things."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: January 09, 2017, 04:26:37 pm »

"Mm. I can't wait to give it a try." He'd slip an arm around her waist. "Now to make it worth your while... oh, there is one other thing. A goblin woman, she's pretty much family. I'd like for her to be allowed to be with me here if I'm going to be living here.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: January 09, 2017, 05:22:37 pm »

Frazz has had enough with Alex's Socrates impersonation and stomps on by the two sweeties on his way to aquire socks. He whispers into a comm to Fel....

"...buzzkill...."

((Fel was later found dead with a type 2 case of Fatal Blue-Ballness))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: January 09, 2017, 10:18:19 pm »

"I daresay that could be arranged.  Are there any useful skills she has?  Other than the fact that all goblins seem to be able to build crazy things?"

Fel shoots back by whapping Frazz in the nose with a baton.  Long after he has stomped off.

((Yeah, right, like a dragon stomping by actually does that.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:24:47 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: January 09, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »

"She's... a work in progress. But she is quite the clever one. Especially with bombs and fireworks." He chuckled softly. "Fun to have around the workshop at a minimum."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: January 09, 2017, 10:43:33 pm »

"S'funny, I don't think we have a proper demolitionist even."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:47:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: January 09, 2017, 10:47:39 pm »

"That would be John, Jon, or Aria technically. If you want a goblin the goblin'll need to demonstrate basic workplace safety skills."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: January 10, 2017, 12:39:17 am »

"Can she refrain from blowing things up that aren't supposed to be?"
Sigtext

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: January 10, 2017, 01:35:58 am »

"I can have her refrain from blowing up anything I don't tell her to. Give her a proper workshop to work on her bombs in and it should be safe enough." He'd chuckle. "Haven't lost any fingers or anything."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: January 10, 2017, 01:55:24 am »

"She'll fit right in, then."
Sigtext

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8561 on: January 10, 2017, 04:59:13 am »

John swings by the now-boss of the orc village - with eight armed guards. "Hey there. I heard you have some beef with me? Allow me to explain. What I was attempting to do was what we call 'gunboat diplomacy,' a term originating from a long-gone war where the winners simply sat in their boats and shelled the enemy from kilometers away until the enemy surrendered. I ordered sub-par shells to be used, and the fact that my men used an expensive ultraexplosive smartshell instead of a cheap high explosive shell did not escape me. I never intended to cause any serious damage, just enough to show the Orcs how outmatched they were. If things had gone to plan, the village would have surrendered quickly and then paid reparations in the form that has been provided now.
"I admit, I made a mistake opening fire so quickly, but I am kind of... over eager to please my boss and I thought that subverting a village in under ten seconds would please him." John jerks a thumb at one of his guards, "This was the guy who loaded the wrong shell, by the way. I hope we can put this mistake behind us?"

To Tal, from John, via PDA, "Hey, uhh, just so you know, I was trained more in-depth than 'go there, shoot that.' I did a course in gunboat diplomacy and saw that how I tried to do it wasn't exactly textbook. I thought that the way I was trained to do it would have a different effect on the 'warmongering orc' stereotype so I escalated it too quickly without giving them a chance to respond. Also some dimwit loaded an expensive smartshell instead of dumb munitions."

Zach wanders out of the lab, rubbing sleep from his eyes, brown coffee stain adorning the front of his labcoat, fresh mug in hand. "What'd I miss?" he yawns.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: January 10, 2017, 08:19:16 am »

>You will be attending mandatory "How to Diplomacy" courses later. At no point do you make an ultimatum and then follow through before the subject in question can respond as a part of diplomacy, gunboat or otherwise.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: January 10, 2017, 11:52:42 am »

The Loader would cross his arms quite, unimpressed and say that at no point were they instructed to use dumbshells instead of the standard hyperexplosive smart shells. And how the hell was he supposed to know what's a Killclone's thought is like? He's not a Killclone that have telepathy with one another or anything like that.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: January 10, 2017, 02:45:23 pm »

"You know what? If you want to apologize then fine, but don't lie to my face. That first explosion hit the market, some of the people had to be brought out in buckets to be revived. And that second one... An explosion large enough to level a city, a weapon like that? It doesn't get fired 'accidentally'. That's malice or it's incompetence" He'd fold his arms, his voice cool. "As for 'gunboat diplomacy' as you put it, that was stupid on several levels. First off seems like what you'd do is give your ultimatum, then fire a cannonade shot or something of the sort into the defenses. Show you're strong as you strip their protection. And that's only /if/ they didn't respond positively to your talks in the first place."

Rook would step back, and chuckle grimly. "Besides that, the tactic was incredibly stupid in the first place. All challenging a group of orcs is going to do is have them want to charge in and fight you. And if your group has done /any/ research they should have known that. Heck, it'd have been easy to take the place. With an Orc village, you send one person in who can beat down the boss and say that they're the boss now. You punch out a few challengers, then you're the boss of the village, can order it to do whatever. If it'd been goblin run could have been simple to. You approach with a deal... and with what I've seen of things, you have quite the deal to offer. Note that none of these options involve firing something explosive into a city filled with civillians."
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 612