Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Phoenix Republic: Chapter 1 (Rise From The Ashes)  (Read 1744 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
The Phoenix Republic: Chapter 1 (Rise From The Ashes)
« on: August 07, 2015, 09:32:02 am »

Welcome to the Phoenix Republic, sir. After the landslide election of President Collins, you were appointed to the position of Chief of the Phoenix Republican Armed Forces. President Collins promised his supporters on the campaign trail that he would increase military spending, and reform the Phoenix Republican Guard. He's raised the budget to five million chips a year, and he's given you a large site in Phoenix to build a base, but he has some simple demands. The President wants to see a uniform, professional military with a light cavalry corps by the end of the year. You have proposals on your desk from two competing arms companies, along with some suggestions from advisors.

This is not an easy situation to handle. The Republican Guard is run as a separate branch from the main army, and, although you're technically in command, the Captain thinks otherwise. Meanwhile, the Provincial Militias would crumple like tissue paper in a real battle, but, if you tried to take them over and retrain them as actual army units, they'd revolt and say you're infringing on their rights. Meanwhile, the people of Phoenix are too high and mighty to join the military, and the citizens of the territories would rather join the militia then the army.

Spoiler: PRA Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units Summary (click to show/hide)

Two weapons companies have approached you with bids for basic infantry equipment. Currently, neither company has bids for heavier weapons, or vehicles, but they may be able to come up with something later. Both companies have available factories that, if they win the contract, will be converted to only produce PRA equipment.

Spoiler: Wolf Pack Weapons Bid (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Advisors (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:04:54 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Phoenix Republic: Chapter 1 (Rise From The Ashes)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:32:22 am »

Reserve
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 09:49:46 am »

(SG)? Wolf pack. The rifles are cheaper, lighter and easier to handle. Not to mention, more accurate. Same for the pistols. And the uniform, while less flashy, actually protects from bullets and the elements.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 09:52:27 am »

Yeah, this is an SG.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 09:55:50 am »

When I read this I thought it was a post-apoc politics game. That would be interesting. I like this concept regardless of game type.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:57:48 am »

If possible take the Wolf Pack offer but take Golden Sands R-62 Rifles for the Phoenix Guard. They are better trained and thus have an easier handle with those guns. Otherwise uniform Wolf Pack equipment.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 02:07:17 pm »

The Republican Guard is already well-equipped.

Also, read the advisors spoiler. There's more to do this month then just choosing which company to give the contract to.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 02:40:55 pm »

When I read this I thought it was a post-apoc politics game. That would be interesting. I like this concept regardless of game type.

Post Apoc politics game, eh?  Maybe another time.

Wolf Pack.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 03:33:14 pm »

Post Apoc politics game, eh?  Maybe another time.

Wolf Pack.

*Crosses fingers hopefully*

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 03:33:43 pm »

Grah that happens if you don't properly read yer stuff kids...anyway then just Wolf Pack.

Build the Half-Million Headquarters.

Militia Reorganization

1st Militia Division
1st Valfort Volunteer Regiment: 1.000 Men
2nd Valfort Volunteer Regiment: 1.000 Men
1st Fairlea Volunteer Regiment: 1.000 Men

Earmark the remaining 1.200 Men of those two provinces for Cavalry and Support Roles

2nd Militia Division
1st Highwick Volunteer Regiment: 1.000 Men
1st Southcliff Volunteer Regiment: 1.000 Men

Earmark the remaining 300 Men of those two provinces for Cavalry and Support Roles

i guess that is what you wanted?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 03:55:37 pm »

Re-Formation of the militias.

Policy wise we'll tell the president that the militia needs training and to be familiarized with our weapons. As such they'll go through a 6-month training period (Basically boot camp) and be designated as a "Self-Defense trainee". Militia members will be trained to use our new guns and dressed to wear our BDU's. In public we'll say that the New Republican Guard is helping its comrades get ready for war and trading tactics.

After the 6 months the militia is demobalzied and considered a "Self-Defense Member". Every month militia members will be asked to go to a army station to show instructors that they know how to fire, clean, and maintain the guns that we are considered "Standard issue". Standard issue weaponry is to be given back to the Instructors at the station and are only to be used in cases of periodic training OR national emergency.

The wording should be carefully worded to mean that they in "NAME" have sovereignty but in practice they do what we say which means work.

As for the Captain...Can we ask him to be replaced by a new man?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 12:04:25 pm »

The Phoenix Republic: Audience with the President

You take the Wolf Pack offer. They've started producing equipment, and, once you've given them a specific equipment order, they'll begin making shipments. You also make an appointment to talk with the President about reforms, and invest the half a million caps in the headquarters. A few days later, you meet President Collins.

President Collins looks at your file of planned reforms for a few, strained minutes, flipping through the pages, before putting out his cigar and setting the file down. He turns to you, and speaks. "So. You want to reorganize the militias? Brave man. Looking at these plans, though, it looks like you'd be taking away their sovereignty. That goes directly against the Constitution." He lights another cigar, leaning back. "It's in the Constitution that each territory can raise its own militia. You've barely been on the job for a week, and you're already trying to take away peoples rights?" He claps a few times, before leaning forward and looking you in the eye.

"Alright. Here's the plan. I'll schedule a meeting with the Governors, and we'll work this out. If you drop the training time to three weeks, and give the Governors joint control, I think we can convince them. They're all having some safety problems on the border, I hear. Fairlea, Highjack, and Southcliff all are having problems with raiders, and some tribals are skirmishing with the Valfort militia. They'd love to have better gear and training, as long as they don't lose control." After he's done talking, you decide to press your luck, and ask about the Captain of the Republican Guard. He laughs, before shaking his head. "He doesn't work for you. He works for me directly. He doesn't have to listen to you."

This event didn't take a full turn, because the plan you had in mind, 3man, would've been seen as unconstitutional, and would've gotten a hail of bad press. Plus, I had some more stuff I had to say before you guys committed to the full turn. Now, the main issues here are the exact order of guns and uniforms you want from Wolf Pack, and whether you accept the President's alternative plan (three weeks training/joint control between you/territories.) Once we've got that, we'll move on.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »

I'd love to ask how much money we have left right now and if we can outfit the 5K we have.

With the president

"Mr. President I highly advise the 6 months of training. But Joint control is something i'm willing to give over in the patritoism of our constitution. 3 weeks does not give our drill seargents enough time to create a decent fighting force, simply put we'll have created little more than a band of militia that know what weapons we use which is insufficient if were trying to solve the threat of raiders and tribe attacks. An I do mean solve PERNAMENTlY, otherwise we could just do what we've always had.

Also Mr. President if you doubt my loyalty understand I simply want to come into the history books as a Military Reformer of our nation not the mastermind of of a coup. I'll work with your captain but when the  time to fight comes I do hope he knows his obligations to serve in our front-line.

Oh and between us. Fuck that piece of paper and the guys mother who wrote it. If there is anything at all i'd like to return to deal with some armament distribution for new army. Which reminds me sir...*Hand over a document listing what we are buying* in case you ever are curious as to what i'm buying for our boys at the barracks."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 12:38:20 pm »

Equipment Orders:

5000 A-21 Service Rifles = 1.500.000 Chips - estimated time 5 Months till delivery.
5000 Fe 9mm Sidearms = 375.000 Chips - estimated time 3,5 Months till delivery
5000 Uniforms = 625.000 Chips - estimated time 2,5 Months till delivery

Priority for Equipment:

1. Highwick Regiment
2. 1st Valfort Regiment
3. Fairlea Regiment
4. Southcliff Regiment
5. 2nd Valfort Regiment

Business:
Contact Horse Breeders for our Light Cavalry Corps
Contact Both Companies (or more if there are others) for proposals on weaponry for a Light Cavalry Corps
Contact Local Foundries for Artillery (and if we have them) and Tanks

Remaining Budget:
2 Million Chips for now
we'll spent 2.5 Million on the five Regiments and already spent 500k on the Base

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 12:39:23 pm »

I'll go with Ghazkull's number if anything.
Pages: [1] 2