Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: The Last Survivors  (Read 14550 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Survivors
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2015, 01:02:21 pm »

Crazyabe, update so I can stop frickin' bumping this thread! :P

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2015, 01:06:58 pm »

The things that go BUMP in the forum...
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Fox_Helios

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2015, 09:50:38 am »

Been over two weeks crazyabe!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2015, 12:20:19 pm »

Problems at home and school have slowed me down severely, so You should remove me, and go on to the next person.  :(
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2015, 06:33:46 pm »

Would you mind adding me to the turn list for a second time?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2015, 06:53:54 pm »

Sure, whatevs. And Crazyabe skipping means it is now Melkor's turn. He gets to grab Pyrotechno's save.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2015, 09:41:02 am »

Aaand another week has passed. Have the Wealthygates become too tarnished to continue?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2015, 10:52:48 am »

It would be my second turn, but I'm gonna have to skip because I have Breadbowl to deal with. That means the save passes to you. Good luck.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2015, 11:35:44 am »

As a note, I have started my reign...with reassigning everyones labors. Everyone seems to have a lot of things enabled, and as a dwarf with a loathing for external tools (i.e, dwarf therapist) it may take a bit before I feel I have appropriately rebranded enough.
It was inevitable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »

Good luck on that :D

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »

I'd like a dwarf, a turn! This seems to be going well, by the parts I've read. Heh, "fire safety compliance."
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2015, 06:23:56 pm »

I'd like a dwarf, a turn! This seems to be going well, by the parts I've read. Heh, "fire safety compliance."
Got to make sure all wooden doors are magma resistant :P

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2015, 02:59:28 pm »

Okay, should be done by tomorrow unless something comes up. Here is a little proof the fort isn't dead...

Ah it has been a few years since I was in charge. I planned to return to the post of overseer after a few years, but it seems that day has come sooner than I expected. Looking over things, I’m not sure where the design of the fortress has gone.
First things first, we appear to have reached molten rock, but have yet to harness the power of magma. I’ve designated some exploratory mining. Everyone also seems to be doing everything, had the previous overseer not heard of specialization? I’m not meant to work in the fields, I’m supposed to be making beds of spiked wooden balls or otherwise forming something out of tree-corpses!
Well, I’m not sure what we were doing at the moment, since almost every job in the fort has been suspended.  I re-enable the smelting jobs after making sure our furnace operators are the one to do the job. Perhaps I should order some wood burned…
BY MY MOTHER’S BEARD WHAT IS THAT.
Spoiler: Timber and Timber (click to show/hide)
Luckily I have heard the latest in dwarvern storage, using mine carts. This way the entirety of our log stockpile can be safely within the fortress. Of course using the population to move things is helpful, but I need to divert some to even better usage. I reallocate some to be additional miners and smelters. I also wish to make some properly dwarvern barracks, but that will have to wait for a while after the magma seas have been properly harnessed.
Vucar Sazirlaltur has been possessed! He grabbed some platinum and a goblin leg before heading into the metalsmith’s forge.  I am intrigued by what he will return with. Well a scepter. But a really nice scepter. ‘Trottedgate the Battle of Circling’ it is studded with platinum goblin bone and it depicts an elf being struck down by a jaguar. That’s what happens when you get too close to nature.
Excellent, as the scepter was finished, the magma seas were properly breached. I ordered an area for the furnaces and the magma reservoir to be dug out. Blast, we don’t have a magma safe anvil. We’ll have to smelt down some junk. I choose our steel picks, as even a copper pick will dig. As we wait for the anvil, I designate some rooms close to the furnace, so our smiths can live down there. To facilitate this, I start planning a drop shaft for food delivery. Why make more farms when we can hurl food into a chasm?
The magma forge finished in the meanwhile, and I am looking for more steel to melt down into anvils. I quickly became distracted upon noticing our 40 large serrated disks made out of iron.  What a good idea, the fort can be filled with those! Of course, since none of them are masterwork, I order them melted so the smiths can try again, only perfection is allowed here.  Speaking of which, I may begin replacing low quality beds with some of the masterworks I am creating.
Migrants! I decide to create a pure squad of marksman to use up the wooden bolts I ordered produced en masse. I call the the Skies of Death. With 18 total, I relegate most to doing grunt work, but a high master armorer did come in with the bunch.  I’ll send him to the forges soon.
A militia captain has been possessed! He claimed a bowyer’s workshop, which will really be quite helpful for the marks dwarves that are to be trained. It’s a jagged hazel wood bow and has a picture of the platinum scepter.
I…uh…may have spent an inordinate amount of time designating areas for our miners to dig out.  On the bright side, the fort is going to look fantastic once I acquire enough kimberlite/petrified wood, olivine and cobaltite.
Spoiler: Fullmetal Fortress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 20th Century Dwarves (click to show/hide)
A diplomat has arrived and tells us of refugees fleeing from The Cruel Doom. I doubt it’s particularly important. I hope not, I only skimmed it. Immediately thereafter, the human emissary bids us farewell. Luckily the caravan came soon after. Time to send things to the depot!
It was inevitable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

Looking swanky is a Fort's primary concern. Something about Dwarven welfare comes later

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2015, 03:59:53 pm »

Looking swanky is a Fort's primary concern. Something about Dwarven welfare comes later

this should be put in the quote bank.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11