Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's the state of the current build? Stable? Balanced? Polished?  (Read 4149 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's the state of the current build? Stable? Balanced? Polished?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 09:14:57 am »

Gameplay-wise, it's stable. 
Feature-wise in terms of sieges and thieves, depends on the world gen and population of those entities.

My recent small world, short history, highest civ and highest sites, low savagery and low beast, high mineral has genned a haunted tundra region I wanted. 
In this 20th+ world gen where a "haunted tundra" is available, it has 3 selectable dwarf civs, and one is already at war with goblins, with humans and elves neighbors.
There's a necro tower in the world, but far away from my embark to be my neighbor.

I've detected kobold thieves twice so far in the first 2 years.  And I've captured a human that transforms into a were-moose in it's cage.
The biome does not re-animate unfortunately, but the cloud turns the living into murk husks, and I caged a "cat murk husk" and 2 ex-citizen "dwarf murk husk" so far.

As I mentioned, this is the 20th+ world gen.  Time will tell if I actually see a goblin siege, but I'm only in year 2.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 06:06:06 pm »

Embarking near a necro tower seems to be your best bet for getting !!FUN!! to show up to your fort; I get a siege about every year and a half from my neighbor.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 07:33:52 pm »

Today also thinks he fixed that army pathfinding issue for the coming release (meaning all possible sieges will soon be able to reach your fortress, increasing siege and visitor rate), which will also have tons more cool features which hopefully won't dent performance too badly. Aka, I would wait for the next release, and expect potentially major issues with bugs for about a month. This current version is a little boring, despite its few crashes.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:12 pm »

I've been experiencing random crashes in the current version, while I have never experienced them ever before in the 4-5 previous years playing.. May be the fault of third party tools, however.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 07:36:46 am »

Embarking near a necro tower seems to be your best bet for getting !!FUN!! to show up to your fort; I get a siege about every year and a half from my neighbor.

Yeah, that's what I do, too.  Right now, I'm preparing for a presumably soon-to-come zombie siege; I've already got one, but that didn't count.  Three?!  You can do better than that...
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:32 am »

how can i prevent a treebranch-crash?
my game always crashes without me knowing what caused it.
i don't even do anything in the levels of trees, maybe their roots are as sensitive as their branches...

okay, i found there was a sapling right beside my carpenters workshop *d'oh* luckily it got "destructed" fast enough for the game not to crash :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:29:25 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 05:11:52 pm »

Cut down all the trees. (I think you might have to floor over the embark too, to be safe, but that may have been fixed.)
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.
Pages: 1 [2]