Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 25147 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 10 (Magic system revamp)
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2015, 10:43:14 am »

Run back to the tree and beat up the man that vaguely reminds me tomato, while singing The ballad of Markus Velafi, in aspectish. And then shout I am now Markus!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 10 (Magic system revamp)
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2015, 07:58:14 am »

Run back to the tree and beat up the man that vaguely reminds me tomato, while singing The ballad of Markus Velafi, in aspectish. And then shout I am now Markus!
"You remind me of a guy I knew..."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 11 (Quit monkeying around!)
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2015, 03:09:44 pm »

Initiative:

Cookies Mcsalsa [6]
Tomato [6]
Tentacle [6]
Lamprey flying away [6]
Lamprey next to Derm [5]
Conein [4]
Lamprey inside arena [4]
Cow Lamprey [4]
Dest Eterna [3]
Greeny McEmerald [3]
Fire Lamprey [3]
Derm [2]
Avery Protagoniste [2]
Lamprey on the rim [1]

...Flirting with death is fun.

Move counterclockwise for my extra turn, then begin my climb from below the third floor, somehow. Then look for the closest aspect to steal when I have climbed out.

((Keep up the humor, I enjoyed my insane character. I can see why he's so insane, what with so many near death experiences and disappointments. Never shoulda got that aspect of pain.))

Let's list the bad things that have happened to you so far. First your aspect exploded, then you lost an arm, then you were set on fire, lost your second aspect, found a third aspect, lost that as well, and now you are hanging from a cliff while a gear is trying to crush your only remaining hand. This has not been a good day.

[strength roll: 6-1 missing an arm]

Thankfully, you managed to find the strength within yourself to climb up. Ok, now to get out... somehow.

[intelligence roll: 3]
[strength roll: 6]
[agility roll: 5-1 missing an arm]

And so your plan begins. First you run counterclockwise to prevent yourself from being crushed by the gear. Then you run BACK to the gear. When you get close enough you jump towards the side and plant your feet (and your arm) against the wall. Then you push yourself off and brace your limbs against the side of the gear. Then the wall again. This continues for a while until you arrive back on the proper floor. Some how, you managed to wall jump back onto the proper floor.

You did it... you somehow managed to do it.

^____^                _____________________________________
  /             \            /                                                            \
<+OO+v+OO+>    ___l Now do you understand why he was chosen! l
  \vvvvvvvv/    <__________________________________________/
   \^^^^^/
     ------

You are currently standing on the rotating platform, just observing the action before you.

Yeah sure maps retcon.

"Hey map dude who definitely isnt silence map me the way to the nearest delicious tomato"

You know what would be useful right now, a tomato.

[pronunciation roll: 6]

You put on a british accent and begin to speak.

"Good evening dear sir, by any chance do you happen to know where I can find the nearest tomato? Preferably one that's most scrumptious!"

Gah, you got it all wrong! That's not what you meant to say!  >:(

[understanding: 3]
"Argle Blargle, TOMATO!"

Spell autosuccess! (Due to simplicity)

Suddenly a piece of paper appears in your hand. Unfortunately it's too dark inside this tree to read.

Tentacle Turn

Immediately, the tentacle gets up and begins to attempt another blow.

[target selection roll: 2 (Avery)]
[tentacle to-hit roll 1-2 ??]

This time though, the tentacle misses its target completely. Well, at least assuming the target was Avery. As far as we know he might have been trying to hit the jagged copper ledge with its terrifying gear. If so, he had perfect aim. You never know what goes on inside the heads of these eldritch creatures.

[endurance roll:3]

It probably wasn't intending to get run over by the gear though. It's not suicidal, I think. Unfortunately for the mages, the gear fails to deal any truly significant damage. As a matter of fact, the tentacle seems to have stopped the gear completely. Seems like the platform isn't going anywhere.

Fleeing Lamprey Turn

It flies away from the arena and back into the depths

Lamprey flying next to Derm

[Lamprey aggression: 5]

It begins flying northwest and chases a piece of thin air

"come on! Make the monkey twice as big!"

Imagine if I had rolled a 20 on the giant monkey. Sick.

Not satisfied with it's current size, you demand to make it bigger.

[pronunciation: 6]
"Come on! Make the monkey 4 times as big!"

[understanding: 4]
"You sure about that?"

Fearing miscommunication, you merely nod your head.

[understanding: autosuccess]
"Ok"

Balancing factor
Default= 8
Modifiers:  Creating secondary powers to counter the square-cube law(-3), 4 times larger (-3)

Aspect d20 [17-2 balancing factor]

Suddenly, the monkey begins to grow and grow, and grow, and still growing until it's only slightly smaller than King Kong.

Spoiler: This one to be exact (click to show/hide)

This is ledge is quite narrow for it though and it can not move around comfortably. Thankfully chimps have superb balancing skills so it's able to hold on with ease. It's a bit of challenge for anyone who may want to pass through it though. You and Dest Eterna are trapped between its legs unfortunately.

Lamprey inside Arena turn

It fly's upwards and bites the monkey in the chest.

[monkey endurance: 3+3 This thing is huge]

It latches on but fails to penetrate

Cow Lamprey Turn

This one, has a different strategy though.

Balancing factor
Default= 7
Modifiers:  Effecting large object (-3), Transmutation (-2)

Aspect d20 [9+1 balancing factor]

Monkey will roll [5]

The hairs on its foot momentarily stiffen, but then return to their normal form.

The Lamprey isn't done though. It flies towards the monkey's right foot and bites.

Monkey endurance roll [2+3]

Nope, still no dice.

"Grow a new tree from below the leaves."
Dodge any attacks, without counterattacking. Go southeast, but only a bit.

You do absolutely nothing since you are trapped between a monkey's legs.

Fire Lamprey turn

To the average observer, it seems like most of the WCCs are either chasing thin air, or attacking the monkey.

[Lamprey on rim speed: 1]
[Lamprey next to Derm speed: 5]
[Fire Lamprey speed: 3]

One Lamprey performs a strange maneuver in the air. Suddenly the orange Lamprey breathes fire. It seems like there is no such thing as loyalty among the WCCs for their are several of its allies in front of it

Balancing factor
Default= 7
Modifiers: Large amounts of flame(-3)

Aspect d20 [14-4 balancing factor]

It's a controlled flow, akin to greek fire. Conveniently it misses the tree.

[flame to-hit: 6+1 Wide spreading fire]
       [Lamprey on rim dodge roll: 5]
               [Lamprey on rim endurance roll:2-1 Fire]

[flame to-hit: 2+1 Wide spreading fire]
       [Lamprey that was next to Derm dodge roll: 4]

The one closest to the Fire WCC gets burned to an absolute crisp. The other one manages to dodge it. You know its bad in the grand scheme of things but you can't help rooting for the guy who just survived a teamkiller's attack.

[Monkey Endurance: 5+3-1 Fire]

The flame continues flying and sets the Monkey's foot on fire. Sick and tired of this b******t, the monkey kicks the fire lamprey across the arena and somewhere deep inside the abyss. You also see the cow Lamprey fly off in the distance.

[Monkey Fire extinguishing: 4]

The Monkey then shakes its foot in the air a bit(extinguishing the flames) before putting it down.

I completely forgot I had a sword.

"Hey Might, can you make me jump good?"

Grab the aspect. Infuse myself with MIGHT enough that I leap across to the center ring. Dash to the right and attempt to get onto the north platform as the rotating thing swings around. Then grab stuff.

You place your tiki torch on the ground and grab the Aspect. You begin speaking to it. Nothing happens. You try again but still nothing happens. Then you realize your mistake and take off one your gauntlets. You pi-

Aspect d20 [autosuccess]

You collapse to the ground, still clutching the aspect in your left hand. You suddenly feel incredibly weak. Muscles all around you begin to atrophy. Weirdly enough, your heart, lung, and vocal muscles are still perfectly fine.

[understanding:2]

The aspect begins speaking but you don't understand. Oh dear, this isn't the time to suddenly forget the language of the aspects.

[Singing quality: 4]
[pronunciation: 3]

Using your above-average singing voice (pleasant to listen to, but worse than the voice of the minstrel you first heard it from), and a weak knowledge of the language of the Aspects, you begin to sing about a man-demon hybrid named Markus Velafi. This song is banned by the church due to references to polytheism, having the main protagonist be a man-demon hybrid, and a mention of beating up divine beings. Free speech isn't a big thing in New Franklin unfortunately.

[Avery to-hit:3-2 concealed in bushes]
[Endurance: 4]

You continue to sing as you attempt to beat up a guy trapped in a tree. Based on the lack of *oomph* or *thwack* noises, you assume that you didn't hit him at all. When you pull out your arm, it's covered in blood. Some of it doesn't look to be yours.

You interrupt your singing to shout "I am now Markus!", then you resume. It's a long song after all.

Lamprey on rim turn

See Fire Lamprey turn.

Wordlessly search the small office for a key.

[Auguste speed: 6]
[Guards speed: 1]
[Guard speed: 2-2 messed up perception of time]

Quickly you dash to the office and begin searching.

[Search roll: 1]
You find a lever and then pull it. It opens the window. The good news is that you found a way out. The bad news is that there are a couple of guards in your way.

"Eh, works for me."

They charge. Thankfully you were prepared for this and already left the room, closing the door. You see the other guard still falling around uselessly, you make a mental note about how useful that spell has been so far.

Currently your back is pressed against the door trying to hold the guards in. Where will you go next?

Spoiler: The Arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

It's been a while since there was a turn with no Gm note.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:05:03 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2015, 03:19:32 pm »

"Er. Can you reverse that thing you did Might?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »

"Huh what am I doing trapped in a tree? How did that happen? GLOW IN THE DARK CHAINSAW THAT IS ALSO A MAP PLEASE! Or just a glow in the dark map of how to Leave. Or turn this tree into a map that is easy to stomp through. Whatever you think magic!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2015, 05:42:05 am »

(holy dooley!)

"ok, now give me the ability to control monkeys..."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2015, 09:13:57 am »

My quest for an aspect continues. Go out and take an aspect for myself. Anyone will do
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2015, 11:30:03 am »

((PTW, may be back later with a sheet.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2015, 04:25:34 am »

Get out from between the feet by running south.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:18:47 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2015, 04:26:06 pm »

How do you want to do that? Do you want to just stand on top of it, climb across it to the other side, left foot, right foot, do you want me to just flip a coin and decide a direction from there? Point is, the action is a bit too vague for me to use.

Anyway, since I'm here, waiting on Hiddenleafguy(avery) and a pm.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2015, 09:09:44 pm »

Editing turn then.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2015, 08:07:01 am »

Avery should be passed. I don't know what happened.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2015, 08:59:03 pm »

Sorry, I want and became Amish for a bit, now I'm back! Dance to my song, attempting to cause the judges to like my style, and give me a gift.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2015, 07:06:00 am »

Bump.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2015, 01:34:34 am »

What's going on, dude?
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13