Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Crux Ultimum - The Inquisition Wants YOU! (Turn 10, page 9)  (Read 16634 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 5, page 5)
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2015, 12:01:44 am »

What is the 1 Luck cost for upgrading? Does it mean it will automatically succeed if I put one luck into this? And how does my modifier factor in?

((It means that you can upgrade the weapon for free, whereas other people would need to subtract 1 from their Luck every time they upgrade the weapon.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2015, 12:22:06 am »

Alter (upgrade?) knife for Ray.
Give the paladin my manual. Ask him to draw copies of some of the runes to show others, for when we go our separate ways.
Return to Ray. Offer him knife-bar. Go out searching with him for materials (metal, hopefully). [7] (If not possible, 6)
Then return to smithy and upgrade knife bar.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:59:53 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2015, 01:26:33 pm »

The paladin captain refers you to Sir Galloway, the one most specialized in the dabbling magical arts.
Sir Galloway: I fail to see any meaning of the hammer. Is it not from that smithy across the street? It must be some kind of family herald or trade symbol.

He then holds the manual at arm's length.

Sir Galloway: This is not ancient, no, it is from before that. My classes did not teach me how to translate this. Needless to say, you need someone with a whole lot more intelligence than I have at my disposal. I could try applying some basic translation rules if you let me draw, but it will take some time. If we do part ways, you will find me again at the local office of the Inquisition they shall build here.

Sir Galloway removes a quill from a pocket in--his armor is currently dismantled and piled up beside his chair--and gets up to find a piece notebook inside his bag.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2015, 01:57:18 pm »

See above for my complete action.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:53:08 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2015, 07:43:39 pm »

"Of course not."

Follows Jasper.

I'll have to make a point of asking for a portion the knights oil supply latter.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:00:02 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2015, 12:00:26 am »

Do I have to roll for upgrading?
Money!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2015, 12:51:11 am »

Do I have to roll for upgrading?

((Hmm... the outcome shall be random, but since it costs something it will always succeed at least a little.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2015, 11:28:19 pm »

Hmm, the doctor-looking person hasn't shown up at the clinic. I wonder what became of him?

Head up to ground level search for the missing tavern dweller. [3]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:40:57 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »

((Sorry for the lack of updates. I've had to write some short stories for a class, so my creative potential has been rather low. It'll be over soon however.))

I am leaving the country for the first 2 weeks of August. If you are waiting on me to update on a game, please just make them into an NPC until I can get internet.

((Roger that.))

look for useful objects among the rubble

The rooster crows once more, [Find object: 6] and again but closer, and then again.

On the other side of the marketplace you spot the source: A huge rooster the height of man, but clearly more stout and rotund, scratches the ground while staring furiously at you with one eye. It rears its head and crows one last time before taking to the air and diving toward you.
Of course, as is the usual solution to being chased by a giant doom chicken, you turn around and flee. Run away!

Rob Grey, AKA Spiderking50
Luck: 2/12
Traits:
Master of Tomes: You are able to find Words hidden in any book, so long as you roll successfully
Master of Battle: If you change a character's physical status this turn, get +2 Luck. If you don't, lose 1 Luck.
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
9 Entropy: Metal objects near you glow red-hot

Alter (upgrade?) knife for Ray.
Give the paladin my manual. Ask him to draw copies of some of the runes to show others, for when we go our separate ways.
Return to Ray. Offer him knife-bar. Go out searching with him for materials (metal, hopefully). [7] (If not possible, 6)
Then return to smithy and upgrade knife bar.

Sir Galloway returns with the notebook and agrees to copy down the curved glyphs for future reference. He salutes you and retreats to meditate.

(6) You head on to the smithy, and decide to look at the near proximity of the establishment rather than inside it. Sure enough, there is a pile of rusty scrap in the back. Nothing too valuable. However, the rust only covers the surface. Hammer it off and you've got fresh metal underneath!

{Upgrade Knifebar: [5], -0 Luck} The Knifebar is definitely taking shape once more. You reinforced it considerably, so now it no longer
{Upgrade Knife: [3], -0 Luck} You trim off some of the knife's metal handle by strategically heating it and pounding it with the triangular end of the smithing hammer (it does not have a claw). It doesn't look pretty, but once you cool it down Ray can tell that the weight is distributed decently.

Gained 1 Luck from searching.

Jasper Jones, AKA Tomasque
Luck: 5/12
Traits:
The Art of War: Once a turn, you can make a single allied attack Piercing lvl 3 (ignores any modifiers by worn armor or magic, up to 3), but not your own
The War Machine: +1 to upgrade rolls
The Gift of Silence: The NPC you are persuading gets a +1 to his die
Inventory:
Hammer: Bears a heart glyph on the eye.
Reinforced Knifebar: Gives you +1 to persuasion when used, but may provoke combat (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Double-Barreled Shotgun (loaded)
Morse Code Manual: It has unusual curved glyphs hidden in the spacing of the text, visible only at arm's reach.
Lit Candle

Dessicatus, curious, follows the source of the voice.

Your investigation reveals a a short, mostly balding man coming up over the slove. In the distance you see a formation of paladins, innumerable from this distance, clashing into a front of skeletal soldiers. The skeletons, in their charge, seem to be parting around three individuals inside their mass, all three being cloaked individuals wielding red-hot bars of iron and raising them to the sky.
[1] The bald man sees you and pulls out an iron rod from beneath his robe, and mutters some words you don't know in Ancient. He then slams the rod against the ground, causing himself to rise up on a hexagonal pillar of stone, towering five meters above the ground.

Desiccatus Morbid, AKA Cheesecake
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Elusive: When an NPC has never seen you, his Alertness to you is reduced by 1
Creative: Performing an action using medical equipment gives +2 Luck
Reclusive: Actions targeting other people cost 2 Luck, unless *ahem* something else is speaking for you (money, a knife, etc.)
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
Burnt/Doused Bottom: A rather awkward injury. Dodging attacks will cost 1 Luck if it requires you to move your whole body

Figures..."Very well, I suppose it is very unbecoming of me to pry my way into another man's war." Much more so their armory...

"But it is indeed a very wise thing to keep an army free of mercenaries or outside aid it will not doubt nurture a strong tradition and stout hearts among the men."

I guess flattery is a waste...

Fetches three knives from nun, if succeeds head over to smithy and modify one to be a throwing knife by reducing the size of the handle to make it weighted properly (uses six luck on this).

"Jones, if you would could you reduce the size of this knife's blade and hilt, I intend to keep this one up my sleeve quite literally."

If agrees gives one knife to Jasper.

Jasper seems like a fine smith, by all measures. He even encrusted your throwing knife with a fanciful flair! Or perhaps that is the look of sloppily melted and hacked-off bits of metal...

He offers you a strange bladed weapon that looks like a mace with knives attached. It looks menacing indeed.

Raioyris Carolean, AKA Wunderkatze
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Princely Wisdom: Gain 1 Luck at the end of each turn if you have less than 6 Luck
Prodigial Son: Each item you buy or sell costs 1 Luck
Inventory:
Estoc: Sharp and good for stabbing, but lacks a cutting edge. (Upgrade: 2 Luck + material)
Mellowtov x4: Does not deal damage, but can ignite flammables. Can be upgraded for free with a 'fuel' item.
Throwing Knife: Shifts damage roll down for melee strikes, up for thrown attacks. (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Doctor's Knife x2

Hmm, the doctor-looking person hasn't shown up at the clinic. I wonder what became of him?

Head up to ground level search for the missing tavern dweller. [3]

(3) You go out into the streets and return to the tavern. You never saw him leave with the others to visit the doctor.
On the way there, you see a bald man on top of a stone pillar, holding a rod and looking down in the direction of the tavern. Rob is nowhere in sight, but you didn't even approach the tavern yet. He could still be inside.

Gained 6 Luck from action.

Varl Kantor, AKA HighEndNoob
Luck: 8/12
Traits:
xDreadcloakx: -1 Luck cost per turn for staying hidden
xDarkbladex: All stealth attack targets (including Cautious ones) roll a 1 for defense
xJokerx: Lose 2 Luck whenever you are attacked
xSinisterx: Bartering NPC's get a +1 to their dice rolls
Implements:
Bronze Knife (1 Luck + material needed to upgrade)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 6, page 5)
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2015, 07:50:29 pm »

((I would like to grab a waitlist spot and add a character sheet later, because this looks great.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2015, 09:29:38 pm »

Flee into nearest building. Slam door behind me. Barricade if I have time or am not attacked by anything else.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2015, 02:31:47 am »

{Upgrade Knifebar: [5], -0 Luck} The Knifebar is definitely taking shape once more. You reinforced it considerably, so now it no longer weak.
There it is.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2015, 04:06:18 am »

"Damn! I shouldn't be here, it seems."

Dash to where I last saw the others going into.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2015, 11:55:20 am »

Take knifebar with a look of blank awe.

"You call it a knifebar?"

Stares at knifebar completely dumbfounded "I have never seen such a weapon."

This not a great implement for princely combat but I can't deny it's potential. This gruesume device practically embodies the brutal martial spirit, such a unholy thing.

"Perhaps it would be wise to convene with the others. It would be a shame if something was to happen to one of them."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:08:25 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »

Is there still metal left?
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10