Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230630 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1260 on: August 15, 2015, 06:20:27 am »

Proposed Arstotzka-Moskurg War Treaty
  • The intentional usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited
  • All prisoners must be treated humanely. They must be given at least three meals a day and a cot equivalent or better. It is prohibited to subject prisoners to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
  • The use of immature animals and/or humans (babies, puppies, kittens, etc.) in battle is prohibited

I've edited the first and second clauses. I now think it's possible for Moskurg to develop these weapons and "accidentally" release them on honest Arstotzkans.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:57:22 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 15, 2015, 06:21:35 am »

while we have the opportunity, let's take this moment to build railways through the jungle, mountains and plains

sensei said we can do that if we both shake on it

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 15, 2015, 06:22:14 am »

• The usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans intentionally is prohibited
  • The usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans intentionally is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any radioactive weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited
  • The mistreatment/excessive interrogation of prisoners is prohibited.
  • All prisoners should have access to a basic cot, three meals a day, and should not be interrogated using methods such as drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other method designed to force prisoners to give up information against their will that could be classified as inhumane
  • The use of immature animals and/or humans (babies, puppies, kittens, etc.) in battle is prohited

I've edited the first and second clauses. I now think it's possible for Moskurg to develop these weapons and "accidentally" release them on honest Arstotzkans.

Glory to Arstotzka.

+1 this is exactly what I was going for
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 15, 2015, 06:23:32 am »

while we have the opportunity, let's take this moment to build railways through the jungle, mountains and plains

Sure, I mean we're the ones with the armored trains after all :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 15, 2015, 06:27:28 am »

• All prisoners should have access to a basic cot, three meals a day, and should not be interrogated using methods such as drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other method designed to force prisoners to give up information against their will that could be classified as inhumane
The above clause has been changed to:
  • All prisoners should have access to a basic cot, three meals a day, and should not be subject to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
The reason for this is to prevent torture of prisoners for any reasons. Previously, only the torture of prisoners with the aim of getting information was prohibited.

I object. This is an obvious Moskurg plot or will at least benefit Moskurg in some unseen way.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 15, 2015, 06:28:57 am »

see, here i am being peaceful and amicable and wishing to grow the economy of both forenian nations and arstotzka is all oh no this will benefit moskurg we must block it

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 15, 2015, 06:31:15 am »

I do believe that we should be so silly as to ban HEAT warheads.

Lets us have giant tanks, rather than ending up with all armor defeating warheads.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 15, 2015, 06:32:59 am »

Lets us have giant tanks, rather than ending up with all armor defeating warheads.

Now you are just being silly. -1

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 15, 2015, 06:33:36 am »

actually, while i'm at it

• The usage or production of any radioactive weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited

this has the potential to block development of nuclear power for peaceful, civilian uses due to the simple fact that the fuel is radioactive and the definition of weapon can be anything forever

i doubt moskurg can allow that, therefore a subclause specifically permitting civilian use should be added

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 15, 2015, 06:34:43 am »

see, here i am being peaceful and amicable and wishing to grow the economy of both forenian nations and arstotzka is all oh no this will benefit moskurg we must block it
There will be no peace between Arstotzka and Moskurg until Arstotzka soundly defeats Moskurg. The treaty we are discussing is only to better the war and is most certainly not meant to be a bridge to peace.

On the treaty, I've noticed a few flaws in the second-last clause of my proposal.
  • All prisoners should have access to a basic cot, three meals a day, and should not be subject to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
What if a nation wants to give better accommodations to their prisoners than cots? They wouldn't need access to cots then.
Also, the inhumane acts are only listed as things that should not be done, rather than being explicitly prohibited.
How should the wording of this clause be changed?

HEAT warheads do not function using acidic, paralytic, or nerve agents and would thus be allowed under my proposal.

actually, while i'm at it

this has the potential to block development of nuclear power for peaceful, civilian uses due to the simple fact that the fuel is radioactive and the definition of weapon can be anything forever

i doubt moskurg can allow that, therefore a subclause specifically permitting civilian use should be added
This is unnecessary. The definition of a weapon has already been defined. Allowing it for civilian use will allow civilians to use nuclear weapons instead of the military. This is almost certainly worse than militaries having nuclear weapons.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:51:33 am by Andres »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 15, 2015, 06:37:10 am »

i take it arstotzkans plan to let civilians own nuclear weapons?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 15, 2015, 06:38:40 am »

i take it arstotzkans plan to let civilians own nuclear weapons?
What? Of course not. Machine guns and autocannons are banned and so would nuclear weapons. It was you who suggested to allow our citizens to field nuclear weapons. Under my clause, civilians can use non-military applications of nuclear energy such as power plants but they can't use it for weapons.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 15, 2015, 06:42:38 am »

The above has been changed to:
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited

Glory to Arstotzka.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 15, 2015, 08:22:36 am »

For the credit, how about:

Tiger

Tiger is nominally a ball game, but in places constitutes a full contact sport.  It is an asymmetric game, consisting of two teams of four and twenty respectively (the "Tigers" and "Goats").  A normal game lasts one hour.  There is a single goal in the centre of the field consisting of a wooden hoop raised above the ground.  Tigers score points for every ball they put through the hoop.  Goats cannot score points.

The ball starts with the Goat captain, who collects it after each successful goal.  Tigers must then take the ball from the Goats in order to score.  Tigers may capture the ball wherever it is, but are not allowed to hold the ball for more than five seconds - they must throw or kick it to another Tiger or into the hoop.   Not doing so constitutes a foul.  Goats may hold the ball if desired.  Tigers can attack any Goat with the ball, for as long as they have the ball in their possession - by which one means they may literally attack them.  Tigers are permitted any moves short of strikes below the belt or to the face in order to get the Goat to either release the ball or lose their footing.  Any Goat who is knocked or falls to the ground (within 5 seconds of their possession of the ball) is out of the game.  Goats without the ball may not be attacked, and doing so constitutes a foul.  Goats with the ball (or illegally attacked) may defend themselves as they wish (sans hits to the face or below the belt), but Goats without the ball may not attack Tigers.

When the hour is up, the Tigers get as many points as they did goals.  Goats get as many points as Goat players are left in the game.  In the event of a tie, Goats win.

In summary:

* Two asymmetric teams: 4 Tigers, 20 Goats.
* The game lasts 1 hour.
* Tigers score goals by throwing the ball into the goal hoop.
* Tigers must obtain the ball from the Goats, and must pass the ball between players.
* Goats may do with the ball as they wish, so long as it stays within the field of play.
* Tigers can only attack Goats who have the ball, or are within 5 seconds of passing it on.
* Goats can only fight in self-defence.
* Goats who fall to the floor in any manner are out.
* Tigers win by ending the game with more goals than remaining Goats.
* Goats win by ending the game with equal to or more Goats than the Tigers scored goals.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 15, 2015, 10:31:19 am »

The use of immature animals and/or humans (babies, puppies, kittens, etc.) in battle is prohited

Look I only proposed kitten guided missiles in one other thread!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 159