Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230507 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #435 on: July 31, 2015, 01:04:06 pm »

Unless I'm mistaken,  there's an East, West and Central Desert/Taiga
Yeah, that's the idea. It makes sense spatially and gives a division between each lane, as well as providing a little more padding before hitting the capitols.

Question: As the Jungle is not described as having a railroad, does that mean one has to be build before the Moksburgians can exploit it's resources, or is that just wishful thinking.
Having already established roads, Moskurg can reasonably establish railroads at the same time they're building mines and oil jacks.

Oh, ok, so we do not own one fourth of the Desert, but one fourth of East Desert. I guess each of the desert/taiga region control one of the three base ressources?

Also, do the expense credits work for one turn, or forever?
For now, I'm assuming the resources are concentrated in the capitol. This is just because the resource loss would be really crippling once even one section of desert or taiga is contested. Expense credits work for one turn only.

Also, are we allowed to brown-nose to the observers?
Certainly, although I haven't got a specific reward set aside. On the same note, you could publish something about how the other nation is terrible and would make a poor addition to the League of Nations.
This is unnecessary. Moskurg already doomed themselves in this regard.

Present the following transcript, actually said by a Moskurgian official, to the British diplomat:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Explain that the Moskurgian is just insulting our women and that Arstotzkans don't actually have sex with sheep or any other non-human animal.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Hehehehe.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 31, 2015, 02:15:10 pm »

Question: As the Jungle is not described as having a railroad, does that mean one has to be build before the Moksburgians can exploit it's resources, or is that just wishful thinking.
Having already established roads, Moskurg can reasonably establish railroads at the same time they're building mines and oil jacks.

Can we dig a bay in the plains? After all, one of the reasons that was given was to compensate the lack of rail link in the jungle. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 31, 2015, 02:17:24 pm »

I think the GM already said that the plains can be used for naval logistics, but not as a staging area.

Well, not until we develop nuclear weaponry, anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 31, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

My point exactly. Maybe we could dig a port. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 31, 2015, 03:31:36 pm »

during their stay, british diplomats get to read Arstitzkan newspapers,including articles such as

and

tsk. such lowly character, those Moskurgs.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 31, 2015, 03:37:05 pm »

see you in 30 years, heh

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 31, 2015, 03:40:57 pm »

hey, I am trying to be sort of historically accurate. This was a period in which scientific racism was common, and eugenics talked its way into many governments of the world.

of course, after WWII it will be a quite embarassing point to discuss.... but that is, as you said, 30 years in the future :D

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 31, 2015, 03:47:11 pm »

Don't forget the illustration!(thanks to sheb for this!)

Fig. 1. The superiority of the Arstotzkan race is self evident from anatomical features. Centuries of coitus wit tigers have left the Moksburger with the typical small cranium and extended jaws of the lower races.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 31, 2015, 03:50:12 pm »

right. revised article

Sheb, you are hired in the propaganda office!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 31, 2015, 05:11:27 pm »

Filthy Arstotzkan propaganda.  Such claims are refuted in the superior Moskurger, the reading choice for any sensible ambassador!

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 31, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »

oh, very nice. I need to improve at layout.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 31, 2015, 08:02:03 pm »

I did a thing. It was meant to be released during the year we were supposed to get out propaganda but I was only half way done when the deadline was up. I finally managed to get around to finishing.
EDIT: For those who are wondering, Arstotzka has such a good economy that that's real topaz the Arstotzkan soldier is proposing with.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:56:30 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 31, 2015, 08:16:49 pm »

Do you have anything better than faux Cyrillic and tiger-talk?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 31, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »

Andrei Zhuyev is supposed to have 9 kills in total by now but under Soldiers he's only recorded with 4.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 01, 2015, 12:17:16 am »

He probably only got one extra kill in the last year.

That being said, is Arstotzka able to explain why they should join the league, or are they just capable of slinging mud only? Whereas Moskurg is generous and welcoming to the ambassadors of the glorious british empire, even offering tigers for the zoological society in london to put in the zoo.

Also, Moskurg would like to state that Arstotzka is also in league with the communists, supplying the soviets with tanks/torture chambers and are very much communists themselves who abhor a free market and liberalism in it's entirety, executing poor engineers for being unable to complete their evil leaders impossible requests.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 159