Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53891 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2015, 09:49:45 am »

I'll agree that you might be able to get the body up to beta and store it in a stasis pod for later use, but you'd need to do something more then just drag the sack.

Well, you COULD but...there will be consequences.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 24, 2015, 04:54:43 pm »

Fucxk it. just head back to Beta and pretend this never happened.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #287 on: September 28, 2015, 10:16:43 am »

Fucxk it. just head back to Beta and pretend this never happened.
Alrighty then. We're go for a time skip.

So I have the following questions:

1. What exactly do each one of you want to be doing during this skip? Arrange it in order of priority,  so that we get at least the major important things done.

2. It will take about a month and half to get this shipping company set up to the point that we can start on the whole "Export your criminals" angle. I assume we want to skip through all of that unless there are some major problems, correct?

3. Are there any special instructions for character actions that I should follow? Ie do you want to handle all actions through an intermediary, or maybe you want to make sure things get done even if it means using force? Just asking.

I wanna make sure that everything gets done and gets done how you want it done.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 28, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »

Use drugs to hopefully find out when shit is going to hit the fan. Repeat this regularly.
Make sure I'm not sleeping on the floor.
Try to get Skyler to reprogram Manuel into a more useful scouting bot. Failing that, take a look at his programing myself.
Watch medical procedures and maybe learn something.
Provide moral support.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 28, 2015, 07:04:04 pm »

1) Dester will monitor the news, keep in communication with the Sons, and be informed of progress on any of our activities.

2) Skipping through it all is fine,
unless there are situations that need direct involvement, such as doing the surgeries on exporting any illegal emigrants, in which case I am happy to do that in IRC to save space and time.

3) action edited: Let's just do the skip. Any secondary plans that get skipped can be worked on afterward.
Special instruction: Dester will be ready at all times to disappear (i.e. move via Son network to a new location) if the situation turns ugly and he has any warning of that at all.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:16:37 pm by Ozarck »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 29, 2015, 06:45:50 pm »

Use month time skip to familiarize myself with all the sector's we'll be interacting with's social norms, patterns, behaviour, etc.. Use my charisma skills where needed to help teammates
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2015, 08:50:26 pm »

Remain on guard duty at Beta.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 29, 2015, 08:52:25 pm »

Use month time skip to familiarize myself with all the sector's we'll be interacting with's social norms, patterns, behaviour, etc.. Use my charisma skills where needed to help teammates
Petra also does this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2015, 09:04:29 pm »

suggestions for the rest of our team (Autoaction?):
Ryan: do some research into recruiting surgeons. Keep informed via Son on that front. Bunker down in Beta.
Gus: same a Jesse - guard duty.
Skylar: train Dester and Ryan in the specifics of the surgeries in question. Study the Head of the criminal affairs department. Think about ways to get to him and get him on our side. Think about ways to encourage criminal activity / civil unrest.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2015, 10:22:22 pm »

Volunteer for guard duty. Also talk to one of the sons about maybe importing some form of tranquilizer, to assist in capture process.

Be sure to keep my gun on me at all times, loaded and ready to fire. Can't be too careful. Maybe peruse nearby shops for potential souvenirs in my free time. If that isn't really an option, find something else to occupy myself when it's not my shift.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2015, 10:53:13 pm »

Basically what Dester said.

Look for Surgeon recruits so we don't have to do anything else. practice on subjects that come in.

Play with my new pet and keep her happy/me sane.

Use Cockatrice and newspapers to keep updated on local/global news.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #296 on: October 01, 2015, 12:29:48 pm »

Use drugs to hopefully find out when shit is going to hit the fan. Repeat this regularly.
Try to get Skyler to reprogram Manuel into a more useful scouting bot. Failing that, take a look at his programing myself.
Provide moral support.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.

Is Manuel the robot hand even with you guys?

We'll say that you watch what you can and get a rough idea how to do it.

And you lobby for more murder, less sense, and increased violence on all fronts.

1) Dester will monitor the news, keep in communication with the Sons, and be informed of progress on any of our activities.

2) Skipping through it all is fine,
unless there are situations that need direct involvement, such as doing the surgeries on exporting any illegal emigrants, in which case I am happy to do that in IRC to save space and time.

3) action edited: Let's just do the skip. Any secondary plans that get skipped can be worked on afterward.
Special instruction: Dester will be ready at all times to disappear (i.e. move via Son network to a new location) if the situation turns ugly and he has any warning of that at all.

Alright.

Alright.

Alright.

All of those things will be happening.

Well, sort of, but more it means that you keep your hands clean and nothing can be traced back to you, though you have less direct control.

Basically; take any non-insane means to get things done now. With what might be consequences in the future.

Yep.

Alright.

Remain on guard duty at Beta.

GUARD

Petra also does this.
ANd done

Volunteer for guard duty. Also talk to one of the sons about maybe importing some form of tranquilizer, to assist in capture process.

Be sure to keep my gun on me at all times, loaded and ready to fire. Can't be too careful. Maybe peruse nearby shops for potential souvenirs in my free time. If that isn't really an option, find something else to occupy myself when it's not my shift.

Importing tranq, got it.

Basically what Dester said.

Look for Surgeon recruits so we don't have to do anything else. practice on subjects that come in.

Play with my new pet and keep her happy/me sane.

Use Cockatrice and newspapers to keep updated on local/global news.

Alright.

So we're skipping a head in time a bit. Without obfuscating things, here's what happened.

1. The shipping business is set up. Right now, it's transporting mostly benign medical goods to keep its cover. We have a few employees, lower levels who have no idea whats going on, and one upper level one managing them that knows how to keep his mouth shut. It turns a small profit on its own, which we supplement to make it seem bigger and more important than it is.

2. We haven't shipped any people out, but we've got about 2 dozen podded from various sources. Mostly young males in their early 20's looking to get off the planet.

3. We've gotten contact with the best doctors we can hire, ie the ones with good skills and bad social/criminal standings.  We have a couple on retainer but our input of "Patients" isn't nearly quick enough to keep them occupied.  They get paid regardless though, so they don't complain.

4. We'll assume the lot of you are now more accustomed to this place and can pass through unnoticed so long as you're not put under too much scrutiny.

5. Crime in this stack is on the decline, however you've all heard rumblings about a rather large gang of frightening fellows gathering power and numbers in the lower levels of the stack. Some sort of religious cult it sounds like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2015, 03:51:05 pm »

Provide moral support.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.

Is Manuel the robot hand even with you guys?

We'll say that you watch what you can and get a rough idea how to do it.

And you lobby for more murder, less sense, and increased violence on all fronts.

1: *ER taps the side of its head.* Intuition, geddit?

2:  Yup, he's in my inventory.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2015, 05:16:21 pm »

Discuss operations with the Sons:
Looks like we have more doctors than emigrants. Is the word getting out slower than expected, or is it truly primarily families with children who want to leave this place?

Now doesn't seem quite the time to contact the Criminal Affairs head, with crime lowering and al. It seems that public interest in exporting criminals might be shallow. On the other hand ... that religious cult might stir things up. But probably not in a good way. Do we have any information about that other than what's on the news? DO we know their organization, goals, beliefs? What are they fighting over or for?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 01, 2015, 06:18:14 pm »

"I think getting information on this new cult should be a current priority, do we have any contacts in the lower stacks that can get us that info?" Double chek with son's if we have contacts in the lower stacks that can help us get information on this new gang/cult
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31