Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50243 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #420 on: October 09, 2015, 12:38:58 pm »

"Mmhmm. Maybe. Just mind yourslef who you ask your questions to."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 09, 2015, 12:53:26 pm »

"In normal situation, yes, knowledge is preferable to ignorance. In some cases, though, ... but my, this is above our pay grade. Steve does the "white-hot knowledge" spiel much better than me, check it out in the recordings of discussions taking place on ship during the "Grate-9 incident". Anyway, it was just a small piece of advice, so take it or ignore it as you wish."

((Glad for being of use to you! :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #422 on: October 09, 2015, 06:37:13 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Hell if I know.

"Shouldn't we have left the planet rather than flying along it?"

Cam eyes on infrared! Curse the pilot! Get out and inspect damage done to the shuttle. Is it even theoretically repairable?
Help pilot out if he can't get out by himself.
And QEC! Does it work now any better?

The shuttle is smashed. Most of the rocket pods are destroyed or straight up missing, torn from their housing.

You boot up the QEC. A message pops up instantly.

Watch. There is no turning away from what has been done, just as from what will be done. Just don't expose own unsuited self unnecessarily.

Have the camera & sensors suite record the orgy of improbable and impossible raging outside. For Science...

Mistress...

After this landing, I don't think the shuttle quite has the capability to lift again. Not that there is no use in checking the extent of damage to the shuttle, though.
Someone, check the damage to stasis pods. If we live, we might need those more than anything else.

((Since Konrad is inside the shuttle cockpit, and it's quite cramped there, I'm assuming he left the camera'n'stuff with the team in the passenger compartment.))

Edit: Note: Neither I nor the camera are poking outside the shuttle. Do all the observation from inside, for whatever little protection it would offer.
You sit in the shuttle and record, ignoring your leg.

"You know, nobody told me what happened while I was out yet. And just for the record, I'm getting real sick of this xeno bullshit happening every other day. I'd throw my hands up in disgust, but...yeah."

See if I can move my limbs yet. If not, try to regain control fo my body.
You can move now, at least enough to walk and stand.

Stick nead out of hatch to establish perimeter
The parimeter is...it was a plain before you got here. Not it's smoldering grass, a gash where the ship crashed, a sky of impossible colors and an explosion that is rapidly shifting from black to white and black again, twisting into all sorts of geometric shapes in a way the completely ignores physics. You don't see anyone around. The closest thing that isn't grass is a tree line a mile off.

Lower strain on the shuttle as best I can while maintaining ability to escape, reroute energy from non-essential components and around damaged parts to maintain power
You shut down everything but the internal components, but the ship is far too damaged to fly again.

The explosion continues in the distance, seeming to grow and contract and grow again as though it were breathing. As you watch, distant black things begin to rise out of the reality twisting flames. They look like rods; but judging from the distance you are from them, they must be miles wide. They seem to be completely ignoring the blast.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 09, 2015, 06:50:17 pm »

Pan pokes his head out of the ship.

"Hey, guys, I have assumed direct control over my limbs. Sort of, at least I can walk again. So, looks like we're pretty boned right now. What's the plan?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 09, 2015, 07:44:44 pm »

((start running.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2015, 01:34:17 am »

"Proceed in direction opposite of that." Ulrich points at the so called explosion.

"We have a message in QEC... Gimme a moment, I'll read it."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:44:44 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2015, 02:28:17 am »

"So, we're all gonna die?
Huh.
Well, anyone have some beer on them? Don't wanna go down sober, after all."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 10, 2015, 04:52:26 am »

"So, basically what Steve says is "You are fucked. Destroy Origin tech." Fucking wonderful! At least he had courtesy to say sorry. Hey, Maurice this message is for you, take a look.  What is Origin?"

Ulrich brings the QEC for Maurice to take a look in.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 10, 2015, 05:13:25 am »

Pan crosses his arms. "The fuck is Origin tech. Yo, show us the full message."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 10, 2015, 05:17:12 am »

Pan crosses his arms. "The fuck is Origin tech. Yo, show us the full message."

((Right after Nik posts something.))
Old sigs.
Games.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 10, 2015, 05:38:23 am »

"Unless STEVE has a way to save us or at least give us a chance to destroy whatever that is and save ourselves I am taking what power I can from this piece of junk and going the opposite direction, I can get about 5 hours flight time at 200[m/k]ph so that is about 1000 [m/k] away, with additional resources I could go further most likely."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 10, 2015, 06:49:45 am »

Taking the QEC unit from Ulrich's hands, Maurice could be seen furiously typing a reply, ignoring everyone around for the moment.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 10, 2015, 06:52:05 am »

Pan looks to the spires, then Maurice, then the spires again.

"I hate to break it to you, doctor, but now isn't the time to be chatting."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 10, 2015, 07:02:05 am »

"Unless STEVE has a way to save us or at least give us a chance to destroy whatever that is and save ourselves I am taking what power I can from this piece of junk and going the opposite direction, I can get about 5 hours flight time at 200[m/k]ph so that is about 1000 [m/k] away, with additional resources I could go further most likely."

"Get out of your cockpit and take a look. This boat is busted. Aint moving anywhere without a forklift."
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 10, 2015, 07:10:14 am »

With a look of tranquillity on his face, Maurice turned away for a moment from the QEC unit to face Pancaek.

Unless you want to die the easy way, I suggest that you don't interrupt me for now. You will need my attention in a moment, and I will need additional directives from Steve.

However, Pancaek, you may start by ejecting your braincase from the synth-flesh. That synth-flesh will have to be destroyed,
utterly and completely. In fact, can you turn it into rock or something? Preferably after ejecting yourself from it, via team-sight Mad Hatter.

Han, prepare to assist me in brain surgery.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:14:11 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33