Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Let's Play Oregon Express: That Was A Bad Idea  (Read 5245 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Oregon Trail: Nobody Has Died Of Dysentery Yet
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 11:41:33 pm »

Posting to watch the dysentery.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 12:02:16 am »

Birdvig got lost and stalled the wagon for 3 days

It was a senior moment. ;.;

Anyways. To the river! We shall float upon it like damselflies!
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 04:10:38 am »

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

We quickly reach the Green River crossing. The river is 20 feet deep. We ford it. We spend 5 bucks on the ferry. We continue travelling, after resting for 5 days to regain our health. Hunting gets us another 200 pounds of food.

On $$GLORIOUS MURRICA DAY$$, Doctor Who catches typhoid. He becomes well again after seven days of rest and filling meals. We reach Soda Springs on the 19th, where we trade a spare wheel for another wagon tongue, since we've exhausted our entire supply up to this point.

We reach Fort Hall a few days later. Adam Smith hates our guts, because everything here is ungodly expensive. I mean, seriously, they must have professional fashion designers or something out here in the Old West, because one set of clothing costs 20 bucks. One box of bullets costs 4. We trade some black guy dressed like Indiana Jones 14 pounds of food for 5 bucks, in case we need more money or something. We rest for 5 days and resume our travel.

Doctor Who got bitten by a snake on the 28th. We rest for 5 days and eat fillingly to get him back into shape. Once he gets well again, we resume our travel. Destroyer got lost on the 9th of August, stalling the wagon for a day. On the 11th, a wagon tongue broke, but we fixed it with our last spare.

On the 17th of August, we get to the Snake River crossing. It's a thousand feet wide and six feet deep. Predictably, we pawn some clothes off on some unwitting Indian for his help crossing it. We make it across safely. Birdvig starts suffering from exhaustion on the 20th, and we take it slowly for a few days to help him rest. Doctor Who gets a fever on the 23rd, and we just go "screw it" and rest for a week. Birdvig is well again at the end of it, and after a few more days of rest the Doctor recovers. We reach Fort Boise on the 4th of September. Adam Smith still hates our guts, so we keep moving.

Doctor Who breaks his arm on the 10th. We rest for a few more days. A little while later, we discover that grass actually still exists, and get out of the desert. We're close!

Birdvig catches a fever on the 23rd. We rest at Grande Ronde for five days, hoping that the Doctor and Birdvig will recover. Birdvig recovers on October 1st, which is good enough for me. We keep going.

The trail divides here. Which way do you want to go?

-Head to Fort Walla Walla to buy supplies
-Take the shortcut to the Dalles River

I highly recommend we take the shortcut, since it's more entertaining (wagon rafting!) and if we don't hurry up we'll be the next Donner Party.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Raft de wagon! Raft de wagon! RAFT DE WAGON!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Raft de wagon! Raft de wagon! RAFT DE WAGON!
Here come the cholera river snakes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We reach Fort Hall a few days later. Adam Smith hates our guts, because everything here is ungodly expensive. I mean, seriously, they must have professional fashion designers or something out here in the Old West, because one set of clothing costs 20 bucks. One box of bullets costs 4. We trade some black guy dressed like Indiana Jones 14 pounds of food for 5 bucks, in case we need more money or something. We rest for 5 days and resume our travel.

Hello and welcome to round 2 of price conversion!

Set of Clothing: $500 bucks
Box of Bullets: $100 bucks

The guy pays us: 125 bucks for 14 pounds of food.

So yes... this was extremely expensive and rip offish.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We continue to the Dalles.

On October 5th, Neo catches typhoid. We don't have time to spare, but we're eating fillingly and moving steadily. He should be OK. Doctor Who recovers from his broken arm on the 7th...

And breaks his arm again two days later.

Hunting on the 10th gets us another 200 pounds of food, which is hopefully enough for the rest of the trip. On the 12th, we end up backtracking due to an impassable trail. Neo recovers while we try to find the path again.

We reach the Dalles on the 21st.

RAFTING TIME!

That was uneventful.

:(

Anyway, we reach the Willamette Valley, where Jesus in a cowboy hat greets us as we gaze upon a couple of mountains.

Our total score is 9121 points.

We apparently made it onto the "List of Legends", too.

CONGRATURATION
THIS STORY IS HAPPY END.
THANK YOU.

BEING THE WISE AND COURAGEOUR
SETTLER THAT YOU ARE YOU
FEEL STRONGTH WELLING.
IN YOUR BODY.
RETURN TO STARTING POINT.
CHALLENGE AGAIN!

Anybody have any challenges to propose for next time? Ford all the rivers? Start in March?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:41:53 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Oregon Trail: Congrendulates!
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »

Pfft. Dat Engrish.

I say let's try it on all the hard next time, make everything as bad as it can be.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 10:05:42 pm »

When water gets in your way, plow through it like everything else! Or maybe just refuse to rest waiting for the sick, or only rest a set number of days or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 04:29:52 am »

There Ain't No Rest for the Wicked.

Grueling Pace, Always the biggest meals, and never once stopping to rest. One Wall Street Banker's express trip to Oregon.
BIRDS.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 05:08:13 am »

I like it. All the cocaine you want, but don't you dare slow down!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack McMoney hates the Northeast. It can burn for all he cares.

He's also very rich. Like, crazy rich.

Jack knows where the real money is. Oregon.

Like, it's all over Oregon. It's caked with the stuff. That's what the psychic told him, and now he's hell-bent on getting there at all costs.

This is you. You are his nuclear family. Jack only cares about getting there himself, but he's selling everything the family owns, so your only hope is to come along and hope you survive.

This is your wagon. Your only hope is that it has a magic spell that lets it cross 20-feet-deep rivers without issue.

WHO WANTS TO DIE?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:54:32 am by Tawarochir »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Oregon Trail: Time to DIE
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 07:13:57 am »

I'm in, Mc Money seems a trustworthy guy and nothing can go wrong.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Oregon Trail: Time to DIE
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 11:28:51 am »

I would go, but I am already in Oregon rolling on top of piles of delicious money.
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 [2] 3