Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [SG] Gun Francisco - Turn 1 - Welcome to Crockett.  (Read 1463 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
[SG] Gun Francisco - Turn 1 - Welcome to Crockett.
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:02:02 am »

"In a world where mutant birds, ants and turtles are running rampant, the only things that matter are GUNS."

Welcome, stranger, to the world of Gun Francisco. Things have been looking pretty rough since the war broke out and ended - everyplace's in ruin now! But don't worry, you can still make them your own! How?

Well, it's pretty simple - gather up some men, grab some guns, shoot whoever doesn't agree with your plans, then claim it for yourself once all the cowards are dead or gone. Alternatively, bring a flag along if they're too stubborn to die or leave.
Every place out there has something interesting waiting for you - more survivors willing to join you, ammo warehouses, ARMORIES!

But keep this in mind - you're not the only one out there on a warpath. Others also want to grab this wasteland for themselves and they will do everything in their power to stop you from doing the same. So watch out.

One last thing - watch out with these Muta-Cola cans. They ruined the pre-war society with their unstable mutant powers, and who knows what they could do now.

Anyway, choose your faction.
Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Carriers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World map (click to show/hide)
(Other things will be explained on the fly.)
(Yeah, I get that a lot of you would have liked a more competitive format (maybe?), but I don't think I have the GMing capability for that.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:16:26 am by Maks »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Gun Francisco
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:06:10 am »

(Guns! Yay!)

Faction: Monstros
Literally just for the shotgun.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 09:06:41 am »

Monstros. They have good troop variety, and we can eventually make our tank into an airship using game logic, right?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:48 am »

Monstros. They have good troop variety, and we can eventually make our tank into an airship using game logic, right?

(To be entirely honest it's one part of the system I haven't entirely thought through.)
You can find an airship in one of the settlements (possibly...), and there might even be a carrier construction facility somewhere out there.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 09:30:28 am »

I'll go for Monstros, because epic name. That said, I probably won't be playing this, not much for SGs, so I'll PTW instead.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

PiotraperPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Optimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 09:43:50 am »

Gun Francisco, wooo \o/

I'm voting for Monstros too.
^ This side up ^
I have a degree in Procrastination
Known for doing stupid grammer mistakes

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 10:51:36 am »

Seems like there's an overwhelming (read: absolute) support for the Monstros.
Monstros, you are the green team.

TURN 0
Your starting city is Guntana. Your opponents, Skyhawks and Red Furies, start in Mirvana and Remington respectively.
From here you can move onto the outposts of Enola or Crockett. You can also manage the inventory in your city and your carrier. In addition, you can scan a single other settlement to see its current state.
--
Spoiler: World map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: City info (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Gun Francisco - It Begins.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 11:25:03 am »

Hmm...We should probably go for Gun Francisco before the others get there. Lets advance on Crockett, scan Gun Francisco, and move some cluster bombs into our tank?

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 11:35:46 am »

We want Gun Francisco and we want it first. But if we take Crockett and the Furies move out, we will be facing off next turn. Not entirely sure if we're ready to fight them, they might get NPC boni, and wouldn't it be more advantageous to have our enemies clash first?

If we take Enola, the Hawks may turn north and duke it out with the Furies, especially if they have a chance to get to Gun Frisco first. But we may be the more attractive target, and while we fight over the Vault, Nagan and Churchill, Red can consolidate in the north, with Frisco being the jewel in its gunmetal crown. Then again, if we turn north, smash Red and take the Fort, Blue will amass even more territory in the south. 10, maybe 12 Bonus units worth of territory if they conquer everything from Mirvana to Guntana.

In the end, I too propose turning towards Crocket. That Fort. And if we do have to battle the Furies, all the better, right?

I also propose taking the medikits and some landmines with us. Cluster bombs aren't that effective when deployed from a tank, I think. Also, do we know what the mutagen and the cola does?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 12:01:20 pm by Liber celi »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 11:37:43 am »

We want Gun Francisco and we want it first. But if we take Crockett and the Furies move out, we will be facing off next turn. Not entirely sure if we're ready to fight them, they might get NPC boni, and wouldn't it be more advantageous to have our enemies clash first?

If we take Enola, the Hawks may turn north and duke it out with the Furies, especially if they have a chance to get to Gun Frisco first. But we may be the more attractive target, and while we fight over the Vault, Nagan and Churchill, Red can consolidate in the north, with Frisco being the jewel in its gunmetal crown. Then again, if we turn north, smash Red and take the Fort, Blue will amass even more territory in the south. 10, maybe 12 Bonus units worth of territory if they conquer everything from Mirvana to Guntana.

In the end, I too propose turning towards Crocket. That Fort. And if we do have to battle the Furies, all the better, right?

I also propose taking the medikits and some landmines with us. Cluster bombs aren't that effective when deployed from a tank, I think. Also, do we know what the mutagen and the cola does?

We can't take the medikits, they are in a city we don't control yet. We would have to take Crocket to get that equipment anyway.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 12:01:57 pm »

Ah, I see. My bad.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 01:58:06 pm »

Hmm...We should probably go for Gun Francisco before the others get there. Lets advance on Crockett, scan Gun Francisco, and move some cluster bombs into our tank?
+1, but what's special about Gun Francisco? Is it a gold mine for weapons.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 03:11:11 pm »

I say go for vault2021a. because Blue guys can travel straight for gun Francisco meaning red and blue fight. We can then capture all the outposts around the vault.

Of course if blue doesn't do that then...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 09:10:33 am »

TURN 1
You quickly move the cluster bombs from your warehouse in Guntana into your carrier's storage bay and move out in the direction of Crockett.

Once you arrive at the outskirts of this small outpost, you see a couple turtles and humans patrolling around the few buildings that are here. Seems like they won't go down without a fight. However the crew of your tank vastly outnumbers these folks, so you should have no issues with taking them down and gaining control of this place.

That said, you also engage your long-range scanners to take an inside look at what Gun Francisco, the big fort in the distance away from here, has going for itself... (City info updated)
In the meantime, it would seem that the Skyhawks have seized Mossberg, and the Red Furies are currently fighting in Brenneke.
--
Spoiler: City info (updated) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World map (updated) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:12:13 am by Maks »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Gun Francisco - Turn 1 - Welcome to Crockett.
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 10:51:04 am »

Lets assault Crocket, we can take 'em, and Gun Fransisco looks too tough to take without some backup.

Pages: [1] 2